Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I agree that Solanke is no world beater. 

However he would improve Spurs and give them a better focal point through the middle. Seeing as they finished ahead of us last year and he improves them, then I would rather they didn't get him, even if they are potentially overpaying. 

16 minutes ago, Big River said:

oh look, another thread talking about Man Utd :lol: and people whinge about them having a dedicated thread... this is why.

p.s Frog is a wanker and his team is shite

:lol: I was just winding you all up there to be fair I didn't mean to start a serious discussion.

3 hours ago, jack j said:

Aye that's more of my point though. They have been a laughing stock by their standards last couple of seasons yet they've still won 2 cups. They won't be as bad again this season. They will be challenging top 4 I reckon. Can see Liverpool struggling this season more than man u

Not for me. Liverpool still have some star power, especially in attack. Salah has looked physically strong this pre season, and him banging in a 30 goal season will see Liverpool right up there.

Man Utd don’t have that, and either need one of the younger players to really break out, or Rashford to have his purple season to get back up there.

At best it’ll be 4th but could be 7th again, if the gap isn’t that big. Man Utd won’t ever fall lower because of the sheer size of club and how they can rack up billion of debt and still compete. A major global recession probably only thing that could fuck them royally. 

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would be like us having a player called Newcastle Black and White Stripes. 

Wolfgang Wolf managing Wolfsburg was always a giggle.

5 hours ago, LFEE said:

Then you’ve got the fact now that its an open secret with retire officials coming out and confirming how much Fergie had them them in his pocket which although denied at the time was plain to see with opposing teams. 

I don't doubt this was the case as you say, but missed this myself -  can you provide any further info? Mainly so I can use it against my MU glory hunting mates who never stop talking about the Fergie days.

Chelsea are cleaning up with all their academy players and sell on clauses 

Presume they got away with the selling hotels to themselves loophole and self-reported financial breaches, not to mention the Abramovich debt...

4 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Why would anyone worth their salt want to sign for Chelsea at the moment? They must have about 35 first teamers currently.

Money for life, London and the usual boring stuff.

1 hour ago, Ginola14 said:

I don't doubt this was the case as you say, but missed this myself -  can you provide any further info? Mainly so I can use it against my MU glory hunting mates who never stop talking about the Fergie days.

Please don't say this stuff to your friends. It's very embarrassing.