Other clubs' transfers

Greg

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

Not sure he's a threat to football, but he will fucking bankrupt Chelsea, he's Peter Ridsdale Mark 2 

He's getting more breaks and latitude than Risdale, mind...

Risdale also wasn't advocating American bastardisation of football in the way this wanker has done in the form of 'north v. South all-star games'

Just now, Rafalove said:

Is Osimhen better than Isak?

Nah, I wouldn’t say so but he’s very different, like how Haaland is also very different from them both. He’d certainly be in the top three in the league with Isak and Haaland though and season on season they could probably all have seasons where they’d be the best but overall I’d have Isak over either, with Osimhen second choice and Haaland third. Mainly because I find Haaland’s playstyle exceptionally boring and I like strikers that do more than score goals 

3 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

IMG_1048.jpeg

Nvm big Todd but it’s quite clear under any rules proclaiming to be fair our psr limit would be par what the highest Spencer has spent. The fact is they’ve spent 2.5b more than us and we have no way to bridge the gap is a joke. 

56 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Oh ffs, Brighton doing all the right moves

I mean, if we're happy to sell an Isak or Bruno every summer then we'd be able to do what Brighton have done. 

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I mean, if we're happy to sell an Isak or Bruno every summer then we'd be able to do what Brighton have done. 

A touch defensive..? I just admire Brighton for continuously spotting and attracting talent, and yes, also for developing, selling at peak value while having the replacement already lined up.

If you want to bring NUFC into it, we will need to be doing much the same to bridge the gap. The talent identification and development parts we’ve nailed, the rest not so much yet but I’m sure we’re getting there.

27 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

A touch defensive..? I just admire Brighton for continuously spotting and attracting talent, and yes, also for developing, selling at peak value while having the replacement already lined up.

If you want to bring NUFC into it, we will need to be doing much the same to bridge the gap. The talent identification and development parts we’ve nailed, the rest not so much yet but I’m sure we’re getting there.

Not at all.

Just saying, it would be easy for us to do what Brighton do. Sell a star player or two every season and have no worries about FFP or signing a bunch of £30-40m players, in the hope of selling one for twice the fee within a year or two. It's what will keep Brighton a team who'll challenge 7-10th for a while, before they have one summer where it doesn't click. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

28 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Brighton signing some promising talents. Might take them a bit if time to put it all together though, particularly with a new manager.

A new manager that is like 14 years old 

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Brighton signing some promising talents. Might take them a bit if time to put it all together though, particularly with a new manager.

Fans just love young foreign players.  So easy to get excited about them, and imagine they're going to be the next big thing.