Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Arsenal’s wages are much lower than City, Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea. 

Our wages are closer to Arsenal’s than Arsenal’s are to Liverpool. Significantly so. 

Where are your figures from? I don’t think that’s true.

29 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Nice one, thanks. I’d expect the Chelsea one to come down this year but will be interesting to see how the Liverpool one changes.

It will be based on last season so won't include the sales of older players on massive wages this summer.

Just saw this on Sky:

Bailey open to leaving Aston Villa for 'big six'

Leon Bailey has said he would like to join a 'big six' team in the Premier League, despite signing a new deal at Aston Villa last month.

Bailey told the Let’s Be Honest Podcast that he is focused on finishing the season strongly with Villa, where he is very happy.

Although, he said would be open to moving to another club that could give him a bigger platform to promote Jamaican football.

Asked if he is interested in a move to Chelsea in the near future, Bailey said: "You have big teams in England, they call themselves the big six. The Arsenals and the Chelseas. 

"It has always been my dream to play in the Premier League and I am right now.

“Who wouldn’t want to go to a massive team? Especially coming out of Jamaica, do you know how big that is for the country? Especially being who I am as well.

“It would shine more light and that has been my focus whenever overseas. It is to use my platform to be able to shine light on the country and the young talents. It’s difficult for us Jamaicans to even make it to Europe."

• 3 weeks later...

Bundesliga sides are interested in making a summer move for Tottenham's 22-year-old Republic of Ireland forward Troy Parrott, who has been on loan with Dutch side Excelsior this season. (Football Insider)

Bundesliga sides are interested in making a summer move for Tottenham's 22-year-old Republic of Ireland forward Troy Parrott, who has been on loan with Dutch side Excelsior this season. (Football Insider)

Are Bundesliga sides interested in making a summer move for Tottenham's 22-year-old Republic of Ireland forward Troy Parrott, who has been on loan with Dutch side Excelsior this season?

Are Bundesliga sides interested in making a summer move for Tottenham's 22-year-old Republic of Ireland forward Troy Parrott, who has been on loan with Dutch side Excelsior this season?

I've certainly heard that Bundesliga sides are interested in making a summer move for Tottenham's 22-year-old Republic of Ireland forward Troy Parrott, who has been on loan with Dutch side Excelsior this season.

On 14/03/2024 at 08:44, The College Dropout said:

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1762492809121280064/photo/4

Taken from the 2023 accounts for Newcastle, Man U & Arsenal clubs.

The wage bills for each club come via FBref, with estimates coming from Capology. In the case of some clubs also, there is limited data out there, meaning some of the figures given are estimates

Screenshot_20240408-095032.png

Edited by Optimistic Nut

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The wage bills for each club come via FBref, with estimates coming from Capology. In the case of some clubs also, there is limited data out there, meaning some of the figures given are estimates

Confused how we managed to more than half our wage bill since 2023 accounts. What am i missing?

"Staff costs increased £16.5m (10%) from £170.2m to £186.7m, the main factors being higher merit-based bonuses
for the playing squad, team management and club staff as a result of 4th place finish, along with the
increase of c100 employees across the club (see note 7) as the build out continues across football operations,
commercial teams, executive and central support functions."

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

You've replied to an old quote.

Kieran Maguire has the most accurate wage bill list. They are old (based on last years accounts) but they are accurate. 

He's shared this from The Times so I assume they are using the same methodology.

image.thumb.png.2323ff308892766ffeda909e05c12add.png

Villa & Chelsea are reliant on academy sales to keep them FFP compliant. Chelsea still hasn't released their accounts for last FY.

Full list - some of these don't include up to date numbers from Spurs and Fulham and maybe a few others.

image.thumb.png.05f13d940fa7e00a0e29ea3292ff3ef9.png

41 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Confused how we managed to more than half our wage bill since 2023 accounts. What am i missing?

"Staff costs increased £16.5m (10%) from £170.2m to £186.7m, the main factors being higher merit-based bonuses
for the playing squad, team management and club staff as a result of 4th place finish, along with the
increase of c100 employees across the club (see note 7) as the build out continues across football operations,
commercial teams, executive and central support functions."

His numbers are wrong. All clubs eventually report accounts to Companies House and it will include a wage bill for staff.

12 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

His numbers are wrong. All clubs eventually report accounts to Companies House and it will include a wage bill for staff.

Im just struggling to work out who would think our non playing staff would cost £100m a season ie more than the players to get a £85m wage bill there from where we are. I mean even the 2022 figures were £170m which is double that on the list

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Im just struggling to work out who would think our non playing staff would cost £100m a season ie more than the players to get a £85m wage bill there from where we are. I mean even the 2022 figures were £170m which is double that on the list

The numbers are entirely made-up mate. Every other team is widely incorrect too.