Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Sorry to bring it up but if they're throwing that cash at Mbappe this summer, then it maybe keeps them away from basically anyone else, including a certain Brazilian midfielder, whose contract has a certain clause?

49 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Sorry to bring it up but if they're throwing that cash at Mbappe this summer, then it maybe keeps them away from basically anyone else, including a certain Brazilian midfielder, whose contract has a certain clause?

Feels like PSG or bust to me (assuming we don't do something insane like sell him to Liverpool).

7 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Feels like PSG or bust to me (assuming we don't do something insane like sell him to Liverpool).

Laurens on ESPN confirmed Bruno was one of five key targets for PSG along with Leao, Osimhen, Bernardo Silva and the young CB from Lille.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Wonder when PSG will give up and accept no matter how much money they throw around they’re still going to be shit compared to Europe’s other elite teams 

They aren’t shit and they are a threat, they’ve been horrible at squad building though, always massively top heavy full of attackers that need carrying. 

7 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Laurens on ESPN confirmed Bruno was one of five key targets for PSG along with Leao, Osimhen, Bernardo Silva and the young CB from Lille.

Lauren’s love to stir. That being said I’m not concerned, at all. Would hate to lose Bruno but ultimately the rigged rules means we have to sell our best players at some point. Unfortunately that means we’ve always got to keep a firm eye on what’s next. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

They aren’t shit and they are a threat, they’ve been horrible at squad building though, always massively top heavy full of attackers that need carrying. 

Really don’t think they’ll ever crack it. They had Messi, Neymar, Mbappe and a team of other quality players and completely blew it. They had decent defenders in there too. Messi was still arguably the best in the world and if not then Mbappe was. They tried to throw money at it and it didn’t work. I just think when players go there they go there knowing they’re getting paid a ransom. They then see the standard of opposition of a lot of the French league and get complacent. You don’t go to PSG if you want to be the best player in the world.

Their only hope is Mbappe’s plan of having a French identity and players who want to succeed there

8 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Really don’t think they’ll ever crack it. They had Messi, Neymar, Mbappe and a team of other quality players and completely blew it. They had decent defenders in there too. Messi was still arguably the best in the world and if not then Mbappe was. They tried to throw money at it and it didn’t work. I just think when players go there they go there knowing they’re getting paid a ransom. They then see the standard of opposition of a lot of the French league and get complacent. You don’t go to PSG if you want to be the best player in the world.

Their only hope is Mbappe’s plan of having a French identity and players who want to succeed there

I wouldn’t write them off, I don’t think it’s imminent or anything like that but they certainly have the finances to achieve it. 

They were never going to win it carrying those 3 though. 

Mbappe leaving is for the best for PSG.

If they just focussed on getting the best young French players that are hungry. They will be great. The superstar thing is to their detriment.

Honestly, leave the superstars and big names alone largely. That's for Real Madrid, it somehow works for them. It doesn't work for PSG.

On 21/02/2024 at 11:52, The College Dropout said:

Mbappe leaving is for the best for PSG.

If they just focussed on getting the best young French players that are hungry. They will be great. The superstar thing is to their detriment.

Honestly, leave the superstars and big names alone largely. That's for Real Madrid, it somehow works for them. It doesn't work for PSG.

Not the best for league that needs to renew its TV deal pretty soon. No doubt it’s the wiser strategy from a sporting perspective but the Paris globe trotters were about the only thing bringing eyeballs to Ligue Un. 

Bit like how the lustre of the Spanish league has faded since Ronaldo and Messi left. 

On 21/02/2024 at 07:54, gbandit said:

Their midfield was absolutely shite though, absolutely no point in having an amazing front line if the midfield is awful.

On 24/02/2024 at 07:27, Optimistic Nut said:

Junior Hoilett reunited with Warnock up at Aberdeen.

One of those players everyone seemed to think would go all the way but didn't quite get there.

Shocked at how 'young' he is. Feels like a blast from a much longer ago past.

On 24/02/2024 at 02:27, Optimistic Nut said:

Junior Hoilett reunited with Warnock up at Aberdeen.

One of those players everyone seemed to think would go all the way but didn't quite get there.

Wouldn’t say all the way but someone I would have loved during the Ashley years like Snodgrass, Jarvis, wingers like that.