Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

Who drops off for Arsenal next season? Can’t see Saka or Odegaard dropping their level. Havertz isn’t a good finisher at all but he’s very good at linking play. Their speed at moving the ball means that they get so many goals from their wide and midfield options. They also have serious height from set pieces. They will either finish top or just behind top in second. 

Surely they can’t have the same luck with injuries again. If so I’d expect them to at least win the league.

Striker and a manager away from going very, very close. Peddle Nketiah plus a couple of other non-events in addition to Death Row and they’ve potentially got the money to go big on a forward too. 

Suspect he’ll only start against better teams replacing that slimy Jorginho cunt.

4 hours ago, Disco said:

Striker and a manager away from going very, very close. Peddle Nketiah plus a couple of other non-events in addition to Death Row and they’ve potentially got the money to go big on a forward too. 

Suspect he’ll only start against better teams replacing that slimy Jorginho cunt.

Arteta is a cunt but great manager imo, has them going toe to toe with city for 2 seasons, they dominated Liverpool when I watched them last season etc. He's also spent an absolute bomb in his 5 or so years, but bought very well in comparison to other big spenders like Chelsea, man u etc

Having said that, yet to win a trophy which is what matters 

55 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Arteta is a cunt but great manager imo, has them going toe to toe with city for 2 seasons, they dominated Liverpool when I watched them last season etc. He's also spent an absolute bomb in his 5 or so years, but bought very well in comparison to other big spenders like Chelsea, man u etc

Having said that, yet to win a trophy which is what matters 

He won the FA Cup, which is arguably the biggest of the lot.

14 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What a wild transfer for Villa. That price for McTominay is fair and probably suits all parties 

McTominay going to end up going for the same price as Gallagher, which is insane to me.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Been playing since he was 16, and he’s got that Body shape like Rooneys that isn’t going to age well. Obviously he’s on a massive wedge as well. 

Hasn't got a whole lot of relevance but I was reading that in Japan most of their players don't start playing first team football until about 23 or 24.

So players like Mitoma are 27 but still really young in terms of "football years".

Seems to be the opposite of everywhere else in the world

Just now, joeyt said:

Hasn't got a whole lot of relevance but I was reading that in Japan most of their players don't start playing first team football until about 23 or 24.

So players like Mitoma are 27 but still really young in terms of "football years".

Seems to be the opposite of everywhere else in the world

I had no idea, that’s really interesting is it a modern thing? I remember players like Nakata already being in Italy at that age?

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Been playing since he was 16, and he’s got that Body shape like Rooneys that isn’t going to age well. Obviously he’s on a massive wedge as well. 

£325k a week as per Capology, which is never wrong when it comes to verified wages. ;)

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I had no idea, that’s really interesting is it a modern thing? I remember players like Nakata already being in Italy at that age?

I think it's quite modern, there's a few championship clubs who have signed Japanese players this summer and they're all mid 20s but it's only their second or third season in senior football. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Wouldn’t have thought so, but equally can’t see Lukaku sitting on the bench.

If your a madman selling your players at peak value is a great thing to do, it’s basically what Brighton do, obviously comes with tremendous risks mind.