Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Imagine laughing at a team for buying players? Such a weirdo

I’m laughing at our spending compared to Aston Villa/Fulham/Everybody else :lol:

It won't be funny when we get relegated.

It will be funny when we get relegated. We deserve to get relegated irrespective of how much we spend and hopefully we won't come back up. (until Ashley no longer owns the club)

Lemina to Man Utd would be an strange one. Struggles to make the Southampton first XI

I’ve always been quite impressed with him, not saying he can improve Man Utd in a meaningful way mind. But I do think he’s a good midfielder.

GFFN

Aston Villa are in advanced negotiations to sign 24-year-old Belgian central defender Björn Engels from Reims.

Aston Villa signing another player :laugh:

Will they outspend Fulham as the team that has spent the most from a promoted side ever?

Probably.

I almost hope they finish top four now just so you stop with this weirdness.

It's also worth pointing out that of all those players Fulham bought, five of them came on the last day of the transfer window.

We're doing lots of buying, but we're doing it at the start of July, there's a difference.

In the post season we released:

Jedinak

Hutton

Elphick

Adomah

Whelan

De Laet

Bunn

Richards

McCormack

Gardner (although we swapped him plus £2m for Jota from our unwashed neighbours)

We also lost, due to loans ending:

Abraham

Tuanzebe

El Ghazi (who we then signed permanently)

Mings (who we then signed permanently).

I don't know what we can do other than sign players when losing so many (most of whom were shit anyway). And there are still plenty more destined to go: Hogan (who we spent 12m on!),  Tshibola, Barnason, maybe Lansbury, Moreira, Kalinic, Bree.

GFFN

Aston Villa are in advanced negotiations to sign 24-year-old Belgian central defender Björn Engels from Reims.

Aston Villa signing another player :laugh:

Will they outspend Fulham as the team that has spent the most from a promoted side ever?

Probably.

I almost hope they finish top four now just so you stop with this weirdness.

It's also worth pointing out that of all those players Fulham bought, five of them came on the last day of the transfer window.

We're doing lots of buying, but we're doing it at the start of July, there's a difference.

In the post season we released:

Jedinak

Hutton

Elphick

Adomah

Whelan

De Laet

Bunn

Richards

McCormack

Gardner (although we swapped him plus £2m for Jota from our unwashed neighbours)

We also lost, due to loans ending:

Abraham

Tuanzebe

El Ghazi (who we then signed permanently)

Mings (who we then signed permanently).

I don't know what we can do other than sign players when losing so many (most of whom were shit anyway). And there are still plenty more destined to go: Hogan (who we spent 12m on!),  Tshibola, Barnason, maybe Lansbury, Moreira, Kalinic, Bree.

I don’t think anyone here is suggesting you shouldn’t be spending :lol:

Just find it disgraceful how the likes of Brighton, Bournemouth, Aston Villa, Fulham can and Newcastle Utd can’t.

In my opinion the owners of Aston Villa and Fulham have been fantastic in regards to financial backing.

For me Fulham went down because of their managerial issues not their spending/recruitment.

Rafa Benitez would have kept that Fulham squad up with a cigar in his mouth.