Other clubs' transfers

Greg

More outgoings at Wolves

Dion Sanderson expected to join Birmingham from Wolves for about £2m plus add-ons. Wolves to receive % of future sale too.

Stoke transfer news - #scfc have agreed an initial £1.25m fee with #Wolves to sign goalkeeper Matija Sarkic on a permanent deal

3 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

Saw that Brendan Rodgers wants Kieran Tierney. Could see that happening, if PL clubs think his injury record is not worth the risk. 

They’ve only ever bought one player costing more than £10m- Jota for around £14m. I can’t see them spending the money that Arsenal would want for him, and for the position he plays.

1 minute ago, Toon88 said:

More outgoings at Wolves

Dion Sanderson expected to join Birmingham from Wolves for about £2m plus add-ons. Wolves to receive % of future sale too.

Stoke transfer news - #scfc have agreed an initial £1.25m fee with #Wolves to sign goalkeeper Matija Sarkic on a permanent deal

He's the kid Sunderland raved about in the third division. 

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

My heart bleeds for them [emoji38]

I genuinely never thought a bad thing about Wolves, and they are in no way whatsoever considered a 'derby' by our fans, never have been, even though the grounds are 12-13 miles apart (there are a lot of clubs around these parts).

Then when they got promoted their fans were constantly on about us, having finished above us for the first time in about 50 years with all this "mind the gap" shit, really bizarre. Obsessed with us (like Coventry, similar vibe).

So now, they can go and fuck themselves. I remember when they used to play in front of less than 4k in the third division, the uppity wankers.

Aston Villa are MINUS 125m on transfer sales last 3 seasons. They have already spent 28m this season and are bidding for Diaby. Would love someone to explain how they are navigating FFP. Im not saying anything shady is going on would just love to know how they are balancing the books. 

Edited by Tina Tooner

2 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

Aston Villa are MINUS 125m on transfer sales last 3 seasons. They have already spent 28m this season and are bidding for Diaby. Would love someone to explain how they are navigating FFP. Im not saying anything shady is going on would just love to know how they are balancing the books. 

I mean we are minus 340m on transfer sales last 3 seasons and already bought Tonali this summer.

4 minutes ago, Tina Tooner said:

Newcastle United are MINUS 338m on transfer sales last 3 seasons. 

It's also not done on full transfer figures, it's more complex, it is about amortisation of values over a period of time, and the window which counts shifts.

I'd also say that even based on minus 125m, that's a net spend of 40m each year, ie 20m each window, which is positively restrained compared to most clubs.

We've spent next to nothing the last two years.

Edited by brummie

11 minutes ago, brummie said:

It's also not done on full transfer figures, it's more complex, it is about amortisation of values over a period of time, and the window which counts shifts.

I'd also say that even based on minus 125m, that's a net spend of 40m each year, ie 20m each window, which is positively restrained compared to most clubs.

We've spent next to nothing the last two years.

And yet you’d have failed ffp by a massive amount until you sold Villa Park.

https://offthepitch.com/a/aston-villa-under-christian-purslow-continued-heavy-losses-and-extravagant-transfer-spending

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

And yet you’d have failed ffp by a massive amount until you sold Villa Park.

https://offthepitch.com/a/aston-villa-under-christian-purslow-continued-heavy-losses-and-extravagant-transfer-spending

By 35m euros, not a huge amount.

That's going down to the championship plus coming within literally hours of administration for you. Coming back from that is expensive. It was also over 4 years ago, so irrelevant to current FFP situation.

Edited by brummie

Just now, The Prophet said:

Diaby having the choice between Villa and Al-Nassr feels like it could be a watershed moment. Relatively sought after player in the peak of his career choosing Saudi over the PL would be massive.

Not really, he can go to the abyss like oscar he will be rich but forgotten. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Selling your ground should also be a great ffp workaround also. What’s stopping a buy and leaseback and massively beneficial rates? 

Because the Premier League judge sales like that and if they are at fair market value (like ours was), then all good.

If it's at an inflated value - like Derby did - then you get done for it.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Diaby having the choice between Villa and Al-Nassr feels like it could be a watershed moment. Relatively sought after player in the peak of his career choosing Saudi over the PL would be massive.

People said that when Oscar went to China. I don’t think it says much apart from the fact that money talks.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I mean would you rather play with Kings or Ronaldo