Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Wasnt Rafa complimentary of Charnley's work, less than a week ago?

It sounds very plausible but I suspect it's a bit of naughty column filling by the Gazette.

Yes, but he's never had a problem with Carnley, the blockers are above Charnley.

Guest chopey

The club is Ashleys cash cow, Rafa has a budget (it looks like £50 million) and thats all he has I honestly dont think Ashley would be bothered if Rafa spent the whole lot on one player but when its gone its gone, 17th place is the ambition.

It sounds very plausible but I suspect it's a bit of naughty column filling by the Gazette.

Yes, but he's never had a problem with Carnley, the blockers are above Charnley.

Exactly, Justin Barnes is appointed in December (just in time for the Jan transfer window, in the Champo season) and Rafa has been fighting against the immovable object ever since.

Douglas reported that Barnes blocked a loan deal for Loftus-Cheek (with permanent option attached) during hos first window of blocking duties.

Exactly, Justin Barnes is appointed in December (just in time for the Jan transfer window, in the Champo season) and Rafa has been fighting against the immovable object ever since.

Douglas reported that Barnes blocked a loan deal for Loftus-Cheek (with permanent option attached) during hos first window of blocking duties.

was the loftus-cheek deal actually set up by rafa then rejected? or was rafa just interested?

Massive own goal, from a business and every other perspective, if there was the majority of a deal set-up/ he was willing to come with an option to buy. If so, perhaps they’ll learn to trust the capital growth potential in Rafa’s  (some of at least) preferred options.

We sure as hell know how to waste time and do things the hard (wrong) way.

Actively working against our own best interests. Can't think of another club like it, terrible ownership.

The longer it drags on, the more you have to be thinking Ashley would rather Benitez just fucked off of his own accord so the club could be run along the tried and failed method admired so much by sunderland fans. I think he absolutely despises releasing control of signings to Rafa no matter what his pedigree.

We sure as hell know how to waste time and do things the hard (wrong) way.

Actively working against our own best interests. Can't think of another club like it, terrible ownership.

The longer it drags on, the more you have to be thinking Ashley would rather Benitez just fucked off of his own accord so the club could be run along the tried and failed method admired so much by sunderland fans. I think he absolutely despises releasing control of signings to Rafa no matter what his pedigree.

Yeah and it's totally a wanting your cake job as well. Rafa has turned Lascelles from an absolute nobody into club captain and someone who, if sold, will bring in more money than anyone else in the club's history. Just one example but we could all point to more no bother.

He wants Rafa to turn water into wine while at the same time sitting on a massive wine cellar he won't use.

Guest The Little Waster

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitezs-future-contract-talks-14744756.amp

There will be the same fudge regarding buying players , and Ashley will blame lack of progress in the transfer market on Rafas refusal to sign a new contract ... Rafa walks at end of dismal season which thanks to uncertainty and lack of players Rafa wants , will end up being like much of this season minus a top ten finish ... Rinse repeat as many times as you like cos 50 000 knackers will still turn up come what may

Guest The Little Waster

We know who the biggest knacker is.

Want to actually debate argue about something or just hurl insults like a child ?

Guest The Little Waster

Lol not upset just waiting for a proper response in the form of an argument for oragainst my point : )

What you've written isn't debatable. It's just a rehash of the article and then you've assumed Rafa will leave and the fans keep going back regardless.

You say it all the time. What exactly do you want to argue about?

Guest The Little Waster

Do you think im wrong ?

If those 50000 knackers stopped going to games years ago Rafa would never have joined in the first place.

And Ashley mightve left by now ... You could have Jesus Christ in charge it aint gonna matter whilst fattys here

Guest The Little Waster

Do you think im wrong ?

I remember you chastising members on here and on other messageboards for not attending 'enough' NUFC games.

Erm you have evidence ?

Guest The Little Waster

Everyday, yes.

Ok , why am i wrong ? What is it about my prognostication thats untrue ?