Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

is it just me or is the lack of signings down to the world cup?

everyone getting in a twist because we haven't signed or bid for anyone yet?

Maybe they are involved and they want to see i they get injured or have a decent/bad tournament which will affect the price of said players?

is it just me or is the lack of signings down to the world cup?

everyone getting in a twist because we haven't signed or bid for anyone yet?

Maybe they are involved and they want to see i they get injured or have a decent/bad tournament which will affect the price of said players?

Under any other owner I'd go with that too. However....

Guest reefatoon

Have you not witnessed the last decade? It's what we do man. We hate spending money, no excuses for it other than the owner is a cunt.

I'm pretty sure anyone Rafa wants isn't going to be signed on the basis of a world cup performance as they'll already have been scouted for a long time.

I'm 99.9% certain it's the cunts in charge as always.

I'm pretty sure anyone Rafa wants isn't going to be signed on the basis of a world cup performance as they'll already have been scouted for a long time.

clubs will be unwilling to sell said player now though for say £10 million if they are due to play in the tournament

if they have a blinder you can stick another £5-£10 million on their price

If you believe that's why we aren't buying anyone, fair enough.

Ever since Caulkin said the clubs stance is 'it will be hard to sign players if Rafa doesn't commit' (words to that effect), it's been obvious what was coming. 

Yep - Rafa said exactly that recently about signing players off a good tournament!

As ever, it’s the piss-taking wank-splash of an owner

If you believe that's why we aren't buying anyone, fair enough.

Ever since Caulkin said the clubs stance is 'it will be hard to sign players if Rafa doesn't commit' (words to that effect), it's been obvious what was coming. 

It's even harder to sign them if you don't put any bids in. Not that anyone here needs convincing.

There's only going to be a limited time between the world cup finishing and the transfer window closing, meaning we're going to leave it very late to get the players we need in. That and the usual excuses are why people are in a bit of a panic

Perhaps Newcastle are trying for some sort of swap deal with Palace, Mitro for Townsend.

Most pointless transfer ever then. We’d get much more for Mitro than Andros is worth, and you know Mike loves his resale valuations.

Perhaps Newcastle are trying for some sort of swap deal with Palace, Mitro for Townsend.

Most pointless transfer ever then. We’d get much more for Mitro than Andros is worth, and you know Mike loves his resale valuations.

Well perhaps not a straight swap then.

Maybe more of a, "we will sell you Mitrovic if you sell us Townsend".

Always liked Townsend.

Just read that FFS - complete and utter joke yet again.

Just walk Rafa and let the club burn as it deserves to under the current wanker of an owner

Are you going to launch a JustGiving page for the £6m release clause in his contract? He'll be here for next season and unless there is a change at the top, then he'll be gone for sure. He'll see 3 years as a decent stint and will have re-established himself in PL with no shortage of takers when he goes.