Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

:lol: The Chronicle is awful, like. s**** journalists, s**** articles and the Twitter account is aids.

Unpopular opinion: I actually quite like them, they seem genuine to me, there website is aids but other then that the people seem decent.

I imagine Rafa walking in, eager to get things sorted. Charnley will be sat in his little office (imagine Darren Lamb in Extras). Kinnear sat by his side, picking dog shit out of his shoe while singing Mustang Sally.

He was smiling lads, the takeover is back on and loads of signings are incoming.

He is always smiling wouldn't read too much into that. He won't be after he leaves having sat through an hour of Lee Charnley's holiday snaps as that is the only update from the summer so far.

I do suspect our lack of activity hasn't come as a great shock to Rafa.

Let's hope this meeting is a chance to kick them up the arse.

if you were being hopeful you'd like to think it's something to do with finances and july and that he's fairly relaxed about their plans

won't be that though

I imagine Rafa walking in, eager to get things sorted. Charnley will be sat in his little office (imagine Darren Lamb in Extras). Kinnear sat by his side, picking dog shit out of his shoe while singing Mustang Sally.

:lol: :lol: the phone was unplugged for three whole days, nobody noticed

Were you masturbating?

I imagine Rafa walking in, eager to get things sorted. Charnley will be sat in his little office (imagine Darren Lamb in Extras). Kinnear sat by his side, picking dog s*** out of his shoe while singing Mustang Sally.

??? those lads didn’t half take the piss out of themselves.. Keith Chegwin with the “my sister buried me today” line is a personal fave. Still his best work (Gervais/Extras)

This apparent meeting he had with the hierarchy must've cleared the logjam a tad I assume: Ki, the Townsend, Kenedy and to a lesser extent Sturaro links gathering a bit of pace. Absolutely ridiculous he had to come back and tell the club to start signing players instead of them just doing it of their own accord. But y'knar.

Guest Howaythetoon

Why the fuck should the transfer budget be decided by the manager signing a contract.

I can see why even if I don’t agree with it why they would want Rafa to do it before spending anything because the club’s business model going forward relies on us being a PL club and if Rafa were to get a wad of money and not sign, that business model can be compromised. It shows the lack of trust the powers that be have in people though, it’s a cynical lack of trust based on zero merit because if Rafa thought he could keep building a competitive squad he’d sign up straight away. Just give him some money and watch the club grow and finish high and maybe win something and watch the revenue rise as well.

The fat man's trying his hardest to bribe him isn't he..

Christ; finish your broccoli and you can have some pudding! Its a time served tactic with 8 year olds, the first steps in teaching kids about emotional blackmail.

Shouldn't think Rafa will fall for it without his team getting some cast iron guarantees which means a protratced (like they're not lengthy enough already) process puting all the trnsfers in jeapordy and running them right to the wire.

Why the f*** should the transfer budget be decided by the manager signing a contract.

Correct. As he already has a contract with the club, as the club have repeatedly pointed out.