Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

my take on Rafa is this...........

I like the bloke, he get's football fans and our city, he's a bloody nice man, a football man, he's doing his best with very very average footballers.

Is he world class?.............he get's my respect, he makes mistakes like they all do, what  the fuck is world class anyway? he's a fucking good manager, like Klopp, Jose etc

His football on the face of it with us is dire, he's trying to do a job and we get it, we aren't a title contender, we don't challenge for Europe , we arent even a top half club anymore, that's not Rafas fault, that's solely down to the cunt who owns us and his lack of keeping up with the rest.

We shop in the pound shops, the rest shop in the decent shops.

HE'S NOT A MIRACLE WORKER...............the booing off of the team was a fucking disgrace, it's what our fanbase has become though, we don't deserve him .The club is rank, we are still hanging on in there but fuck me its painful.

FUCK ASHLEY  O0

was the booing not aimed at the ref? genuine question, over the pennas etc.

it's possible, but my lad said we booed Mitro at every opportunity and lots booed at the end, either way its a zombie crowd doing it all out of habit.

Funniest thing is the most likely chain of events is nothing happening.

Such a fanciful article from the Mirror.

It's the same paper that happily writes shite about us going in for £20M+ plus players, knowing fine well we will never spend that sort of money.

Would love to know how much ad revenue they make from us compared to other clubs.

He's gone at the end of the season. He's becoming disillusioned with the (home) supporters now which was probably the only reason he's still here. Now the cracks have started to surface in that bond he's probably thinking there's nothing left here for him now and he can move on to a bigger club in the summer.

Yep, I also think its aimed at the fans booing the team off after a draw against Fulham....what the f*** were they expecting? That we should batter teams at home because we're Newcastle? In peoples minds they still expect us to be competing for Europe because thats where we should be, but they're unable to step back and look at the bigger picture as to why we're not very good. I'll give them a hint...its not Rafa and it's not the players' effort or commitment. It's that bloke you're giving your money to.

A home crowd that didn't see a shot on target and has seen us win only twice in 10 games, losing 6.  Can't blame them tbh.

Its pretty tragic all round tbh. The football at home has been shite admittedly, but its clear as day lots of our players aren't very confident and aren't able to ignore the crowds frustrations with them so they shrink. Just seems like a never ending circle  :lol:

No one wins apart from the fat cunt at the top.

Yep, and no ones responsible apart from the fat cunt at the top too.

I suspect Rafa is too afraid of getting the team to attack because on the one hand our attacking quality is so low that we're not likely to make use of more numbers getting forward, and on the other hand if we open up we leave ourselves exposed to counter attacks. Combine the two (shiite attack, open defense) and it's high risk to go gung ho at home.

He’s pragmatic as well, if he feels a win isn’t going to come then he’ll sit on the point and keep the scoreboard ticking over. I imagine the plan against Fulham was to hit them later in the game but the players just couldn’t make it happen.

Won’t be pretty but he’ll get the job done over the season.

I suspect Rafa is too afraid of getting the team to attack because on the one hand our attacking quality is so low that we're not likely to make use of more numbers getting forward, and on the other hand if we open up we leave ourselves exposed to counter attacks. Combine the two (shiite attack, open defense) and it's high risk to go gung ho at home.

Only time Rafa decided to go hit for hit like these moaners want was at home against West Ham and we got ripped to absolute shreds it was like watching a Jokanovic Fulham side.

We’d have absolutely no chance staying up playing that way.

Credit to Ranieri he came up and did a Rafa gameplan on us and got them their first clean sheet they have a semi chance now they’ve ditched the attacking Jokanovic.

I think people struggle a bit with there being a fairly large middle ground between being a bit more ambitious in games and going fully gung ho attacking

Exactly

I may not agree with some of the stuff Rafa does but I know ultimately he’s got far more reasons and stats and experience to back up whatever the fuck he decides to do with the team. So at end of day I always defer to the legend.

I may not agree with some of the stuff Rafa does but I know ultimately he’s got far more reasons and stats and experience to back up whatever the fuck he decides to do with the team. So at end of day I always defer to the legend.

:thup: If you don't believe in the overall plan then I can only assume you've not been watching for the last two seasons. The man gets the job done and he will again this time.

:thup: If you don't believe in the overall plan then I can only assume you've not been watching for the last two seasons. The man gets the job done and he will again this time.

It won’t be pretty but he’ll work every last minute to do that FOR US. If he didn’t care as much for us he’d walk on his contract or negotiate a way to get it bought out etc by whoever has been courting him. Yet some of his critics don’t seem to think about any of that.

I think people struggle a bit with there being a fairly large middle ground between being a bit more ambitious in games and going fully gung ho attacking

"I suspect Rafa is too afraid of getting the team to attack because on the one hand our attacking quality is so low that we're not likely to make use of more numbers getting forward, and on the other hand if we open up we leave ourselves exposed to counter attacks. Combine the two (shiite attack, open defense) and it's high risk to go gung ho be a bit more ambitious at home."

Happy?

"I suspect Rafa is too afraid of getting the team to attack because on the one hand our attacking quality is so low that we're not likely to make use of more numbers getting forward, and on the other hand if we open up we leave ourselves exposed to counter attacks. Combine the two (shiite attack, open defense) and it's high risk to go gung ho be a bit more ambitious at home."

Happy?

Nobody can make excuses for having no shots on target at home against the worse defence in the league - 7 points out of 27 prove it's not working something has to change either the way we play or replacing personnel who are fixtures in the team despite offering virtually nothing. Was it high risk last year when we competed with Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea by taking a more ambitious approach in those games - were we gung ho then?

Guest neesy111

Happy?

Nobody can make excuses for having no shots on target at home against the worse defence in the league - 7 points out of 27 prove it's not working something has to change either the way we play or replacing personnel who are fixtures in the team despite offering virtually nothing. Was it high risk last year when we competed with Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea by taking a more ambitious approach in those games - were we gung ho then?

God you talk some shite

Happy?

Bang on.

Exactly

I think Rafa might not struggle with the concept, but realises even slightly more attacking and we'd probably be worse off for it. Or maybe he doesn't really have a a clue eh.

Happy?

We were able to risk it a bit more v Arsenal and Chelsea because the former had a Europa League QF in Moscow the Thursday prior and was prioritising that and so rested players, Chelsea had next to nothing to play for and were playing under a manager who everyone knew was gone. Man Utd, admittedly, we were more ambitious against, though I can only remember 3 chances; our goal, the free kick early on and the pen that we didn't get in the first half. You've got to look at individual results and performances last season objectively. I agree with not having a shot on target against a tragic Fulham side is poor, but the players are poor and we had results like this last season: Swansea 1-1, Brighton 0-0. The latter especially. Saturday was almost a carbon copy of it.

Anyway, merry Christmas. Santa'll be here soon.

Happy?

God you talk some shite

Happy?

God you talk some shite

Where am I talking shite please let me know you’re vast knowledge of football to put me right.

Happy?

We were able to risk it a bit more v Arsenal and Chelsea because the former had a Europa League QF in Moscow the Thursday prior and was prioritising that and so rested players, Chelsea had next to nothing to play for and were playing under a manager who everyone knew was gone. Man Utd, admittedly, we were more ambitious against, though I can only remember 3 chances; our goal, the free kick early on and the pen that we didn't get in the first half. You've got to look at individual results and performances last season objectively. I agree with not having a shot on target against a tragic Fulham side is poor, but the players are poor and we had results like this last season: Swansea 1-1, Brighton 0-0. The latter especially. Saturday was almost a carbon copy of it.

Anyway, merry Christmas. Santa'll be here soon.

Disagree about the Arsenal part as they played just about their first team with both key strikers in their line up and also Chelsea still had the possibility of getting champions league football although a long shot. There were poor performances I agree but neither of the games you mention had zero shots on target either and let’s be fair there wasn’t really any shots off target either. Merry Xmas to you also

Exactly

I think Rafa might not struggle with the concept, but realises even slightly more attacking and we'd probably be worse off for it. Or maybe he doesn't really have a a clue eh.

He’s not a god you know he does get things wrong.

We didn't have a shot on target but we had 9 shots to Fulham's 4, it's not Rafa's fault they couldn't hit the target.

So change it with the 9.5 million pound striker sitting on the bench then and yes I suppose a couple of shots 10 - 20 yards from the goal are classed as shots off target.