Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

There's nothing that indicates any of the stumbling blocks have been cleared. Just that they both know what each other wants. It's still very early to be seeing it as any sort of progress.

this will fall apart next week or soon after, they don't want Sky asking questions and talking about him in such a game so a bit of positivity in talks is well timed for them

get the last 2 games over with then go dark until his contract expires :thup:

I totally believe that they’ve had talks and Benitez has liked what he’s heard. I totally believe that he thinks it’s almost ready to sign a new deal and he’s genuinely bullish and optimistic.

Unfortunately I also know exactly what these cunts are like. They lie, they spin, they are duplicitous wankers who are just as capable of bringing it crashing down as soon as the last fan has left tomorrow. Last home game and no chance to protest and kick off if they fuck him off. I trust Benitez 100%, I don’t trust the cunts he works for at all and I never will.

Haven't read on from the rest of the threads so unsure if there's any further comments, but I agree 100% with this. At the same time I'd think Rafa would be wise to those potential tactics and not give us hope like that for no good reason, but it's still an if.

I totally believe that they’ve had talks and Benitez has liked what he’s heard. I totally believe that he thinks it’s almost ready to sign a new deal and he’s genuinely bullish and optimistic.

Unfortunately I also know exactly what these cunts are like. They lie, they spin, they are duplicitous wankers who are just as capable of bringing it crashing down as soon as the last fan has left tomorrow. Last home game and no chance to protest and kick off if they fuck him off. I trust Benitez 100%, I don’t trust the cunts he works for at all and I never will.

I don't think Rafa's anybody's fool mind, he will know exactly what he is dealing with when it comes to those above. I reckon he's built the base of a potentially very decent team and he is reluctant to walk away at this stage. A couple of quality additions and you would have a top 8 side no problem. Let's be honest, if they do fuck him over he can't really say it was unexpected.

Unfortunately I also know exactly what these c***s are like. They lie, they spin, they are duplicitous w*****s who are just as capable of bringing it crashing down as soon as the last fan has left tomorrow. Last home game and no chance to protest and kick off if they f*** him off. I trust Benitez 100%, I don’t trust the c***s he works for at all and I never will.

I don't think Rafa's anybody's fool mind, he will know exactly what he is dealing with when it comes to those above. I reckon he's built the base of a potentially very decent team and he is reluctant to walk away at this stage. A couple of quality additions and you would have a top 8 side no problem. Let's be honest, if they do f*** him over he can't really say it was unexpected.

Yep.

Dubravka

Lascelles

Schar

Lejeune

Longstaff

Almiron

Perez

Rondon

Solid spine of a top 7-9 team that with a few good additions

I actually think we will spend a bit of money. Enough to keep Rafa anyway.

By the end of the window we will have sold a few to "balance the books," mind.

If Charnley has already started making moves for players and shown Rafa his financial plan, that might be enough for Rafa to sign up.

Ultimately, Rafa will walk if hes lied to, and the club know that.

I've said it before but Rafa has spent 3 years turning a mob of players into a finely tuned Rafa machine. Yes we are missing some real quality but Rafa won't want to give up his team that easily.

Guest reefatoon

I would say we are way off what Rafa thinks is his finely tuned machine. We are hard to beat and don’t let in many goals, but he desperately needs the funds to work his magic on the midfield and attack too. If he ever gets that, then I would agree with you. For now though, Rafa is doing what he can to keep us up. Must be so frustrating for him.

I would say we are way off what Rafa thinks is his finely tuned machine. We are hard to beat and don’t let in many goals, but he desperately needs the funds to work his magic on the midfield and attack too. If he ever gets that, then I would agree with you. For now though, Rafa is doing what he can to keep us up. Must be so frustrating for him.

Hes got us playing how he wants, is what I meant, he obviously wants more quality.

Obviously Rafa would prefer a side that would challenge for honours, but he has said recently that Newcastle has the potential to be top 7 like Leicester so I think he would settle for that in the near future. A team that could at least go for a cup win. It's a trade off really, he could go to a side competing for trophies, but he obviously has a soft spot for northern English teams with big fan bases. I think we are as close to Liverpool as he is likely to get and that was always his dream job.

Guest reefatoon

Hes got us playing how he wants, is what I meant, he obviously wants more quality.

See, I don’t really think he even has us playing like he truly wants either. He is doing what is needed to keep us up and safe. I bet he would much prefer to have us more fluid going forward than what we have been. He has done an unbelievable job but he has had to shape a team to try and not get beat, more than playing how he would really want. I am sure he hated having to go into early home games conceding possession and sitting back. Would love a new owner to give him some cash to truly see a Rafa team in action, it would be glorious.

People dreaming of a fluid attacking newcastle under Benitez is doing just that - dreaming. We know what kind of play style he prefers. More quality will help make it look nicer but the fundamentals will still be there. Just look how he approached the championship season. Just because you like the blokedoesnt mean he will start playing entertaining football. It will always remain calculated, cautious and effective

We’ve just scored 2+ goals in 6 of our last 7 home games/wins since Almiron has arrived it seems people haven’t realised :lol:

I reckon the way we’re progressing we’ll be about 10th for goals next season and around 6/7th for defence again which would be the type of balance needed for a projected Top 8 finish.

Rafa statistically is on the right path for that progression.

We’re 7th in the last 27 Premier League games which says it all about our progression.

Goals and shots per a game have both gone up massively since Rafa finally got to spend big on a player with attacking quality.

this will fall apart next week or soon after, they don't want Sky asking questions and talking about him in such a game so a bit of positivity in talks is well timed for them

get the last 2 games over with then go dark until his contract expires :thup:

don't look at life like this, mojo :lol: lord almighty.