Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Apparently Wenger could be persuaded to take the gig.

Now we know Wenger hates spending big money and loves using younger players.

Not to mention Mike's preference for dealing with his French agent contacts.

Thoughts?

Wild rumours.

Transfer rumours left, right and centre, changes to academy staff and pre season friendlies announced yet no one knows what’s happening with the manager. Total farce

Wenger comes into the category of manager that would be terrible without great players.

A manager that would only look great in a league like the French League with PSG or a Big 6 club in England with great players.

Rafa Benitez over Wenger every day of the week for me.

Not that Arsene would ever take on that type of challenge of his managerial skills :laugh:

Wenger comes into the category of manager that would be terrible without great players.

A manager that would only look great in a league like the French League with PSG or a Big 6 club in England with great players.

Not that Arsene would ever take on that type of challenge of his managerial skills :laugh:

He got Monaco from finishing 5th the previous season to 1st in his first season there and would have probably won more but for Marseille's cheating there. He also got some pretty poor Arsenal teams finishing comfortably in the top 4

"Not like Arsene would ever take on that type of challenge of his managerial skills" I don't understand this argument. Why would someone go to a shite team when they have the chance of managing a good team?

Same script as the Summer of Shearer. Only difference being that come July 1st we should get some sort of message from Rafa.  Most likely that he's heard nowt and moves on with a heavy heart and hopes supporters get what they deserve..... etc etc.

We wish.

I'm sorry but I disagree with you on almost every point. Wenger did seriously well with a very average Monaco side, and some of his Arsenal teams weren't exactly awesome in their skill level.

How do you know he would be terrible without great players??

He definitely has (had?) the ability to spot young talent and make them into very good players, and in my humble opinion, that makes him a very good manager.

Whether his coaching is still as good as it was when he was younger, he has the gravitas, style, experience, appreciation of NUFC and ability to coach average players to achieve better things (in many ways he is very similar to Rafa)

I would lose so much if Rafa did leave, but Arsene would be an amazing alternative. (If, massive if, he could be persuaded to come and work for our FCB....)

He got Monaco from finishing 5th the previous season to 1st in his first season there and would have probably won more but for Marseille's cheating there. He also got some pretty poor Arsenal teams finishing comfortably in the top 4

"Not like Arsene would ever take on that type of challenge of his managerial skills" I don't understand this argument. Why would someone go to a shite team when they have the chance of managing a good team?

To challenge your managerial skills like Rafa :coolsmiley:

Most of them know they’d fail without great players and without big money come and try play that way with rubbish players :azn:

I’d love to see these brave “Total football” managers with bottom 3 squads let’s see how that would go in the Premier League oh we already saw how that went down with Jokanovic.

And Potter next season.

Guardiola would get massively exposed great manager for a club like £City or Messi F.C. though.

"Not like Arsene would ever take on that type of challenge of his managerial skills" I don't understand this argument. Why would someone go to a s**** team when they have the chance of managing a good team?

To challenge your managerial skills like Rafa :coolsmiley:

Most of them know they’d fail without great players and without big money come and try play that way with rubbish players :azn:

I’d love to see these brave “Total football” managers with bottom 3 squads let’s see how that would go in the Premier League oh we already saw how that went down with Jokanovic.

And Potter next season.

Guardiola would get massively exposed great manager for a club like £City or Messi F.C. though.

Rafa came to us because he wanted a job in  England and was unlikely to get one at a top 6 club, the same reason he's likely to stay with us now IMO.

You do realise Brendan Rodgers(who I actually think is a good manager) has kept teams in the PL easily playing possession football? I think Pep and the rest would figure it out somehow if Rodgers could. You keep mentioning Jokanovic as an example when that was only one manager, your favourite Eddie Howe also keeps Bournemouth safely in the league each season despite not being a defensive coach

Watch how “Potter Ball” does next season just watch I said the same would happen with Jokanovic last summer :lol:

Brighton and Bournemouth will finish 18th/17th next season playing “Total right way football” :rolleyes:

With Bournemouth conceding over 70 goals again.

IF Rafa goes though we’ll automatically be 18/17th next season becuase we’ll join that silly can’t defend but Skysports absolutely love us association.

What was your post in the summer telling us Fulham would go down with Jokanovic?

You keep mentioning how you said it in the summer so would be interested to see the post

Gallowgate, I'm sorry to make a habit of disagreeing with you, but I rate Potter, as did the significant majority of Swansea fans.

Just watch how “Potter Ball :icon_puke_r:” does next season I’ll gladly put my hands up if I’m wrong :thup:

Reported.