Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I've been in the good ship 'fuck going while Ashley's still there' for a long time now, Rafa tempted me but no. He definitely made me take interest again but I've always felt it would go full circle and back to square one.  Looks like that's the way we're heading again and I'll probably lose all interest again.

I can understand (sort of) those who still go while Rafa's here, but those still turning up and complaining when we have some nacka in the dugout? No excuse/fucking idiots.

How anyone can follow the club after Rafa leaves is beyond me.

Turning up for the first game will be the most depressing experience ever.

A lot less depressing than an afternoon with the wife.

Guest alijmitchell

How anyone can follow the club after Rafa leaves is beyond me.

Turning up for the first game will be the most depressing experience ever.

A lot less depressing than an afternoon with the wife.

You spooky fucking night-time creeper

Just asked the lass at work (season ticket holder) 'looking forward to Rafa's last home game tomorrow?'

'Wellll, I'm not really bothered, more bothered about who will replace him as I'm 50/50 with him'

To which another lass pitched in 'aye well he's just kept us up, that's it, hasn't got us any higher'

:kinnear:

Spun back round on my chair, give me strength.

This is basically what we're dealing with, and why Mike Ashley can do whatever he wants.  Baffling.

Guest chopey

I can give examples of people who think Pardew is better, and in 20 years when you look at the stats and finishing positions people will argue the same.

I can give examples of people who think Pardew is better, and in 20 years when you look at the stats and finishing positions people will argue the same.

I can only wish these people illness & and untimely death

Constant argument I have at work. There's two or three idiots who think Rafa is doing a worse job than "Pards". Won a twenty quid bet off one of them, who at Christmas, said that "the useless Spanish twat" will get us relegated.

Wish I didn't sometimes.  I'm usually very accepting of others opinions, each to their own and all that.  But fuck me, when it comes to Rafa I want to just scream at people..YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG!

hard to imagine he would say something so positive if signing on wasn't VERY close ... he would not want to give fan false hope ...

That’s my thoughts too. Pretty much as close to saying he’s staying without saying so. Miles away from what he was saying a few weeks back.