Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

lets hope its not going to be like one of those builders prank videos where all seems quite benign till some fat bloke drops squats over him and rubs his crease in his pyet.

Fuck signing any contract (Or extension), I`ll judge this when the window closes & there`s the usual 3rd choice gambles making up a squad of limited talent as it is.

I realise how pessimistic I am, but to be really genuinely positive about the short term & intermediate prospects for the club, Ashley will have had to have had a sea change in attitude towards the financial running of the club. I would simply ask, where is the evidence of that in the last year or so?

Guest neesy111

Really don't know how anyone can say he's definitely saying after that comment. 

Can’t look at that comment any other way. There must have been a massive buckling in terms of his demands.

Fantastic news and well timed before the weekend, we needed a lift.

Aye, are people reading something different to me?  Still don’t believe he’s staying, and even if he does he’ll still have the fat man, Barnes, Charnley and all the other c***s hoying spanners in the works.

Yes, he is all but confirming he's staying ffs  :lol:

Urgh. Horrible timing for those comments, right before a game such as this with the world watching. He'd have been signed if it was happening imo. They'll have bullshitted this week to avoid the chances of protests tomorrow. Expect next week it'll all fall apart.

Rafa isn't the type of person to make comments like that without him being absolutely sure. I understand the pessimism but him coming out in public like that pretty much confirms he's staying.

He's not some sleazy bullshitter like Pardew, he doesn't say things like that without there being some significant chances he's going to stay.

Guest neesy111

Rafa isn't the type of person to make comments like that without him being absolutely sure. I understand the pessimism but him coming out in public like that pretty much confirms he's staying.

He's not some sleazy bullshitter like Pardew, he doesn't say things like that without there being some significant chances he's going to stay.

He hasn't said he's staying though, he's just commented that talks are progressing well and FURTHER talks are happening which I suspect will probably include ashley as he won't be involved throughout the whole process.

:thup:

He wouldn't get our hopes up, he's staying and it's fucking mint.

Just seen patriot Crumpy burning Chinese made flammable Spain flags outside the ground wearing his GEROGE MICHAEL DIED OF AIDS IDEMT shirt. He looked very perturbed.

He hasn't said he's staying though, he's just commented that talks are progressing well and FURTHER talks are happening which I suspect will probably include ashley as he won't be involved throughout the whole process.

He wouldn't go as far as this if he wasn't tbh, he just wouldn't say anything at all. :lol: Rafa usually just keeps things quiet, if it was like how you say he would just wouldn't say anything.

It's pretty obvious this is much further along than it seems if Rafa is confident to say what he has said.

Guest neesy111

He wouldn't go as far as this if he wasn't tbh, he just wouldn't say anything at all. :lol: Rafa usually just keeps things quiet, if it was like how you say he would just wouldn't say anything.

It's pretty obvious this is much further along than it seems if Rafa is confident to say what he has said.

Sorry, but I completely disagree based on the fact he's been saying for weeks talks were happening so he wasn't exactly not going to comment on them.

Sorry, but I completely disagree based on the fact he's been saying for weeks talks were happening so he wasn't exactly not going to comment on them.

He had no need to say "positive", could just say talks are ongoing.

He initiated it himself in the presser  :lol:

Downie and the others were taken aback by how positive he was talking.

Would love him to stay but for his own sanity would only want him to stay if they give him a bit more of what he wants. So basically sort out the academy/training ground and actually sign the players he wants.