Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm just so so pissed off at what Ashley has done to this club and fanbase and how much he is killed something I've been passionate about and it enrages me hardly anybody even seems bothered that's all

I mean this just isn’t true. It’s overdue but not absent.

Not on here it isn't. Everyone gets it on here but I mean in general they don't

I'm just so so pissed off at what Ashley has done to this club and fanbase and how much he is killed something I've been passionate about and it enrages me hardly anybody even seems bothered that's all

I mean this just isn’t true. It’s overdue but not absent.

It is overdue but like I said before more action is being taken now than ever before, bar when Keegan left and we're seeing a change in attitudes from fans and media alike. It's just the waiting game now which is the frustrating part. Rafa is playing part of the game but he's no patsy. We need to keep the pressure on Ashley, any focus moved on to Rafa or anyone else for that matter is only detracting from the ultimate goal.

I just want and need some genuine reason to get behind the team on the pitch again and something to look towards, as it just seems a waste of time and money to go to games singing rafas name just to aim for 17th, then he leaves in May then it all comes to an end anyhow. I just think I'm mentally preparing and accepting it's over now rather than go through this long slow death and wait until May

I just want and need some genuine reason to get behind the team on the pitch again and something to look towards, as it just seems a waste of time and money to go to games singing rafas name just to aim for 17th, then he leaves in May then it all comes to an end anyhow. I just think I'm mentally preparing and accepting it's over now rather than go through this long slow death and wait until May

I’m the same mate. I think the season beyond the same ol up is a massive waste of time. Our players seem nice lads and have some talent and are doing their best and it could end tomorrow for me the enjoyment I get from the football side. I also love something explosive to set a spark up all our beleaguered, apathy riddled arses too as a fan base. Unfortunately you’re just lashing out without rationale.

I’m the same mate. I think the season beyond the same ol up is a massive waste of time. Our players seem nice lads and have some talent and are doing their best and it could end tomorrow for me the enjoyment I get from the football side. I also love something explosive to set a spark up all our beleaguered, apathy riddled arses too as a fan base. Unfortunately you’re just lashing out without rationale.

True. I just don't know where to go from here though and need an outlet for my passion and anger. I think seeing people looking forward to matches an that on here makes me wonder how, but it was only 12 months ago I was going to Swansea and Southampton and loving it and there will have been people then like I am now so suppose everyone has different breaking points

who's aim is 17th, show me the quote? show me where he leaves in May?

you won't be able to because its just your opinion, coming on here moaning about it day in day out is a bit weary and in truth you need to let it go and go do the shopping or something rather than spending a depressing afternoon slagging off everything nufc. bore off

Seriously? You're not even looking what's going on yet typing out shit as fact. THAT'S enraging.

Others work their arses off to actually do something through building an online presence, organising marches, demos, shirts etc etc. A fucking lot of people are working their arses off.

Stop throwing your baseless shit around. It'll do more harm if people get sucked in by it. People are working damn hard despite what you say.

In between your flawed insulting of the fanbase and manager you make good points. Points we all feel. We're fans from long before this era. But stop spreading cancerous, baseless, damaging shite.

:clap:

This was posted on newsnow by the Star on friday, cant access the it now though.

"Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez told to leave club: Mike Ashley centre of job decision"

Probably shiite but makes you wonder about his appearance.

No, the article is just Jamie Carragher advising Rafa to leave the club if Ashley stays: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/731429/Newcastle-Rafa-Benitez-job-contract-Mike-Ashley-Jamie-Carragher-news

This was posted on newsnow by the Star on friday, cant access the it now though.

"Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez told to leave club: Mike Ashley centre of job decision"

Probably shiite but makes you wonder about his appearance.

No, the article is just Jamie Carragher advising Rafa to leave the club if Ashley stays: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/731429/Newcastle-Rafa-Benitez-job-contract-Mike-Ashley-Jamie-Carragher-news

Ah I see click bate shiite.

I mean, I get where Tubes is coming from in some ways. If there was another Pards-esque manager then they would be another target as with the Bishop or Charnley. That would turn the stadium toxic (crying Pards  :lol:) increasing the pressure and media awareness. Respect for Rafa is muting that avenue of 'attack'.

However, implying Rafa is staying for selfish reasons is probably off the mark and repeating it incessantly everywhere rather grating  :lol:

I mean, I get where Tubes is coming from in some ways. If there was another Pards-esque manager then they would be another target as with the Bishop or Charnley. That would turn the stadium toxic (crying Pards  [emoji38]) increasing the pressure and media awareness. Respect for Rafa is muting that avenue of 'attack'.

However, implying Rafa is staying for selfish reasons is probably off the mark and repeating it incessantly everywhere rather grating  [emoji38]

I disagree, having a patsy in charge would no doubt raise the anger in the stands and cause more vitriol, however it would be for the wrong reasons and detract from the real issue. We saw it with Pardew, everyone turned on the slimy lickspit and quite rightly but it was a distraction from Ashley. The consensus then was Pardew first, then Ashley, Pardew played his part perfectly keeping the heat off Ashley whilst numbing a fan base and destroying hope.

This way, with a manager such as Rafa in charge, it makes the media listen. Why are the supporters up in arms when they have a manager of such esteem? Why is a manager of Rafa's stature being treated this way? It's not as hostile and vocal in the stands, no, but there's plenty more going on outside the stadium and people are waking up from a hopeless coma. Just because no one is screaming at everyone at the club, it doesn't mean things aren't changing.

Someone posted saying it was a Pards esque performance. Was unable to quote it as for some reason I can't qoute posts on mobile.

No worries, didn't see it so I was a bit blagged. Nowhere near a Pards performance, he wouldn't have had us organised as well as that, we'd have let our hair down after a tough start and got mullered 4-0.

Anyone comparing Rafa to Pardew deserves shot with shit.

Pardew's biggest problem was he had no conviction, he didn't really know what he was doing so his tactics would change after every defeat or stinging criticism. Absolute opposite of Rafa who just doesn't give a shit about other people's opinions how to play the game.

He has us so tight like, wonder how many times we have conceded more than 2 goals under him in a league game? I can't think of many at all, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea once I think?

All last season.

Man United (a)

Watford (h)

Chelsea (a)

Leicester (h)

Man City (a)

Championship:

Norwich (h)

Fulham (h)

Ipswich (a)

Guest firetotheworks

He has us so tight like, wonder how many times we have conceded more than 2 goals under him in a league game? I can't think of many at all, Man City, Liverpool, manure away, Chelsea once I think? Norwich home in the pub league. Barely a handful in around 100 league games

Pretty sure only Man United is right out of those. Them and Watford were the only league games we've lost by more than 2 under Rafa.