Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I genuinely don't think we would play better football (or more entertaining football to be precise) if Rafa is backed.  You are talking about something that he has never done throughout his career, no matter in Valencia and Liverpool.

Are you saying his Liverpool team weren't more entertaining than us like? :lol:

If you sign better players you will play better football, naturally, even if the coach is defensive, which i don't think he is with good players, he's balanced.

I genuinely don't think we would play better football (or more entertaining football to be precise) if Rafa is backed.  You are talking about something that he has never done throughout his career, no matter in Valencia and Liverpool.

Are you saying his Liverpool team weren't more entertaining than us like? :lol:

If you sign better players you will play better football, naturally, even if the coach is defensive, which i don't think he is with good players, he's balanced.

I was thinking that, my memory of Liverpool under Rafa was they looked pretty fucking good like. :lol:

They really parked the bus that time his Liverpool side beat us 5-1 at SJP, though Rafa was in the Directors' Box with Sammy Lee on the touchline so maybe that was why they played like that.

Liverpool were a ridiculous price that day too – 5/4 rings a bell!

Guest firetotheworks

Liverpool were mint to watch in 08/09 imo. They thrashed us, Man United, and Villa, and I remember being really impressed with the Man United win in-particular. That season aside I never liked Liverpool's huff and puff style of play. I said this early on when Rafa became our manager though, it's a completely different feeling when it's your own team doing the huffing and puffing. I'm sure a lot of people think we're absolutely awful to watch, including the Championship, but I've largely enjoyed us being no one's whipping boys and looking well-organised, it would be a really solid base to push on if we weren't being deliberately hamstrung by the person so petty that he's standing in the way of his own financial gains.

Liverpool were mint to watch in 08/09 imo. They thrashed us, Man United, and Villa, and I remember being really impressed with the Man United win in-particular. That season aside I never liked Liverpool's huff and puff style of play. I said this early on when Rafa became our manager though, it's a completely different feeling when it's your own team doing the huffing and puffing. I'm sure a lot of people think we're absolutely awful to watch, including the Championship, but I've largely enjoyed us being no one's whipping boys and looking well-organised, it would be a really solid base to push on if we weren't being deliberately hamstrung by the person so petty that he's standing in the way of his own financial gains.

I give some of the defenders stick for not being able to bring the ball out, and we do suffer from poor technique in those areas, but you have to feel for them too. There's no easy out ball like there was with the Dyers, Roberts and even Ba. Must be a bit grim having to defend constantly because we don't have the class in forward positions to offer some relief. Kenedy made a big difference last season, but he's looked fed up this time round.

Guest firetotheworks

Eh? :lol: What did he even say?

It sums the F.A up that they'd do this right in the middle of people calling for the club to be investigated for its potentially dodgy dealings like.

:lol:

:lol:

I hate Zaha, and his comments were clearly aimed at influencing the referee. Rafa's comments are responding to Zaha's, and basically just saying that the referee shouldn't be influenced by Zaha's shite.

So yeah when is Zaha getting charged?