Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

So why buy Joselu?

Because he has no money, incompetent people above him and a football club can’t get by with 13 players.

That doesn’t answer the question, he was shite and we and all Stoke fans knew it, so why buy him irrespective of not getting his target.

Well if the question is about one specific signing then it’s not a very interesting one to answer. The bigger picture is he was shopping in bargain corner and with very limited time. Who knows what the options even were?

Having to defend Rafa to NUFC fans is absolutely crazy by the way.

Is Joselu shite ? and who bought him?

So he’s beyond criticism, ever?

What is going on here ? :lol:

I’m pointing out Joselu was a shite Rafa signing, it appears he’s not Rafas fault, btw yous know I love Rafa but he got it wrong at a time when we had 2 much better strikers.

The only players that Rafa has bought and presumably wanted that stand out are Murphy and Muto who are pretty much the most expensive players we have bought recently, and either they were rotten buys, Rafa didn't really want them or someone has fucked up badly. For me they should be starting every game.

So why buy Joselu?

Because he has no money, incompetent people above him and a football club can’t get by with 13 players.

That doesn’t answer the question, he was shite and we and all Stoke fans knew it, so why buy him irrespective of not getting his target.

707.jpg

The same shitty budget bought Dubs, Lejeune, Fernandez, Yedlin, Ki Schar (jury still out I reckon), Ritchie-ish who I would describe as Premiership players. Then there's Diame, Atsu, Clark, Hayden, Lazaar, Manquillo. Joselu etc who I think aren't good enough. Murphy needs game time and confidence, still think there's a player there, same for Muto.

The 2nd lot in the main were bought for getting us out of the Championship, with Rafa thinking he could rebuild again with the money we would get from promotion, yet since that promotion he's been stiffed with no proper budget. Selling hasn't even generated money as the club come out with the bullshit about staggered incoming payments, yet never answer why we don't buy in same way, buying guaranteed against those incoming payments.

Aye he's bought some shite with his limited budget, and hindsight would identify another player for the same money who's shown more for another team but I don't blame him for that, it's hit and miss with budget he has had. I don't think he is faultless at times, for instance I think he reacts too late with his subs sometimes. But I hate the way any tad of criticism like that is pounced on by some on here, obviously some go overboard saying it's all his fault, I just treat that with the contempt it deserves.

Anyhoo I'm just a tit on a keyboard and he's a world class manager and a better man than I'll ever be, and he knows more than any of us will ever know. I just hope he stays, somehow.

The same shitty budget bought Dubs, Lejeune, Fernandez, Yedlin, Ki Schar (jury still out I reckon), Ritchie-ish who I would describe as Premiership players. Then there's Diame, Atsu, Clark, Hayden, Lazaar, Manquillo. Joselu etc who I think aren't good enough. Murphy needs game time and confidence, still think there's a player there, same for Muto.

The 2nd lot in the main were bought for getting us out of the Championship, with Rafa thinking he could rebuild again with the money we would get from promotion, yet since that promotion he's been stiffed with no proper budget. Selling hasn't even generated money as the club come out with the bullshit about staggered incoming payments, yet never answer why we don't buy in same way, buying guaranteed against those incoming payments.

Aye he's bought some shite with his limited budget, and hindsight would identify another player for the same money who's shown more for another team but I don't blame him for that, it's hit and miss with budget he has had. I don't think he is faultless at times, for instance I think he reacts too late with his subs sometimes. But I hate the way any tad of criticism like that is pounced on by some on here, obviously some go overboard saying it's all his fault, I just treat that with the contempt it deserves.

Anyhoo I'm just a tit on a keyboard and he's a world class manager and a better man than I'll ever be, and he knows more than any of us will ever know. I just hope he stays, somehow.

Not only is he forced to buy shite but also I think our wage budget is peanuts compared to most of the other premier league teams. It goes without saying that if youre paying 20m for a player hes not earning 20k a week

There have been plenty of free transfers we should have been in for but no way would we pay these people anywhere near 60 to 100k a week

if you pay peanuts you get monkeys im afraid

Not only is he forced to buy shite but also I think our wage budget is peanuts compared to most of the other premier league teams. It goes without saying that if youre paying 20m for a player hes not earning 20k a week

There have been plenty of free transfers we should have been in for but no way would we pay these people anywhere near 60 to 100k a week

if you pay peanuts you get monkeys im afraid

Aye wages are a big issue too, not individually but as a whole they won't buy unless we sell. No forward thinking at all, no chances taken, no ambition whatsoever.

And yet you blame Rafa at every opportunity.

Is this some sort of epiphany moment?

I blame him for his decisions at times, he isn't completely blameless pllaying Joselu and Hayden is worth criticism alone

But I don't blame him for everything, obviously emotions run high following this basket case of a club at times and things can be said that aren't exactly meant

For sure I 1 million percent want him to stay, the bloke drops bollocks but fuck me some on here can’t have it that he does.

Look at the players he was forced to sell and you get some idea of what he is dealing with. Sissoko, Townsend and Wijnaldum. I know many of our fans were cock-a-hoop when we sold Sissoko and Wijnaldum, but they have done better out of it than us.

PLAN A:  no

PLAN B:  no

PLAN C:  no

PLAN D:  no

PLAN E:  NO

PLAN F:  NO

PLAN G:  NO!

PLAN H:  NO!

PLAN I: Rondon?

PLAN J:  Joselu?  YES!

FYP.

It’s not even that, ruling out each plan on money ground rules out dozens of other similar priced players. Joselu was probably 700th choice.

Aye he's bought some s**** with his limited budget, and hindsight would identify another player for the same money who's shown more for another team but I don't blame him for that, it's hit and miss with budget he has had. I don't think he is faultless at times, for instance I think he reacts too late with his subs sometimes. But I hate the way any tad of criticism like that is pounced on by some on here, obviously some go overboard saying it's all his fault, I just treat that with the contempt it deserves.

Look at the players he was forced to sell and you get some idea of what he is dealing with. Sissoko, Townsend and Wijnaldum. I know many of our fans were cock-a-hoop when we sold Sissoko and Wijnaldum, but they have done better out of it than us.

I felt the same as most others when they were sold - we were getting an excellent price for them, but we knew the money would be pocketed by the FCB and not spent on other transfers.

We got rid of some overrated mercenaries, and replaced them with dog-s*** no-marks.

If the club was run to succeed rather than turn a profit, we could have built up the core of a very good squad for the money we got for Sissoko and Wijnaldum.  Instead, we are left with by far the weakest squad since before KK took over, and it's painful.

I know what he's dealing with it, unless you've lived in cave for the last 2 years who doesn't know.

my point was that i've no doubt Rafa assumed he would get money from promotion to rebuild a proper Premiership team.

We're still using players he would have discarded long ago if he could. He's ruthless in that regard but he can't because he knows he'll not replace them.

As stupid as it sounds, we're in situation where to replace the players we have now it would be with inferior players, and some of ours are bad enough as it is.