Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Personally I’d prefer the most crass, ludicrously laughable appointment possible

You're unlikely to be disappointed.

Big Sam or Pardew swaggering up to St James from Eldon Sq.

Just woke up to this news and I’m numb, can’t get out of bed. I think this may be me done with football. It feels like a kick in the gut by the coldest of boots.

Same. The mrs woke is up to tell me, thought she was taking the piss. Its yet another sad day for us under that utter pisstaking bastard.

Sigh

Followed the NY Knicks forever.  When Dolan let Donnie Walsh walk away I swore I'd never watch them play until Dolan was gone.

Same goes for Ashley and NUFC.

:lol: 'Sup fam.

CFlan[/member] 

:lol: you don’t know what you’ve been missing.

It’s pretty crazy, I was just waiting on the news of Rafa staying before I booked my tickets to England, hoping to catch a game at St. James’ again. Ashley has no idea what he has in his hands, never did, and continues to destroy it in every way possible.

They did say on true faith apparently Rafa told them their first offer had to be their best offer coz there was no trust and he was fed up of the back and forth which would tie in with that he’s saying there

Edwards saying that he doesn't think Rafa is a saint in all this, and maybe he'd actually had enough and wanted to leave??!! :idiot2: He does follow it up by saying that NUFC could have done more to keep him. 

Mike Ashley couldn't persuade Rafa because he's a cheap fucking cunt who only cares about his company and don't give two fucks about the club. That's all we in the end need to take from this.

Can't see it mentioned yet but this in the club statement pissed me off:

"We would like to thank Rafa and his coaching team for their efforts over the last three years and their significant contribution to what has been collectively achieved."

More "Please give us credit for doing the absolute bare imaginable minimum" bullshit from the club.

Our (modest) achievements over the last few years have been despite the club, not because of it.  No collective about it.  Fuck off.

"We would like to thank Rafa and his coaching team for their efforts over the last three years and their significant contribution to what has been collectively achieved."

More "Please give us credit for doing the absolute bare imaginable minimum" bullshit from the club.

Our (modest) achievements over the last few years have been despite the club, not because of it.  No collective about it.  Fuck off.

Aye I was enjoying it until that bit.

Chuck in the 'and will not be' in the statement, bunch of classless petty childish arseholes.

Ashley and Charnley know the price of everything and the value of nothing, pair of tossers.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-takeover-transfer-news-16474362

Claims that Lee Charnley is going for a former MLS manager

This form TEAMtalk

Charnley will speak to one head coach contender today via Skype and that man is Anthony Hudson.

The highly-rated 38-year-old has recently left MLS club Colorado Rapids, before which he was head coach of New Zealand.

:yao:

They’re one of the worst teams in the league. And I’ve never heard it claimed that he’s a particularly talented manager either.

Another pathetic thing on the back of the Luke Edwards interview: If communications have broken down, he isn't looking like he's going to sign or talk to them further and his camp hasn't anticipated it will go public why on earth have the club brought this to the media if they don't even have a shortlist for his replacement. What awful crisis management as well as every other aspect of the club. If things are this shit at least try and have some sort of plan in place.

What I’ll hate the most will be the revisionist history that gets written about Rafa’s time here. “He *only* managed to get them 10th.” “His W-L record was subpar.” “Spent too much money on guff.” It’ll be complete and utter bullshit all of it and it’s going to be the narrative going forward.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-takeover-transfer-news-16474362

Claims that Lee Charnley is going for a former MLS manager

This form TEAMtalk

Charnley will speak to one head coach contender today via Skype and that man is Anthony Hudson.

The highly-rated 38-year-old has recently left MLS club Colorado Rapids, before which he was head coach of New Zealand.

:yao:

They’re one of the worst teams in the league. And I’ve never heard it claimed that he’s a particularly talented manager either.

Get him in.