Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

There's nothing actually wrong with his game plan, but it does need a ruthless goal scorer to make it work, not strikers who would struggle to score in the championship. He's absolutely hamstrung with this squad.

Rafa biting his lip in the interview there, basically saying we need to take our chances without blaming the lack of quality up front, but you can tell he must be thinking it. Feel so sorry for the bloke, he doesn't deserve this.

Rafa - "Not good enough in final third - players gave everything though. Plenty possession and chances, but not clinical. Has confidence that things will improve as we are creating chances."

He sounds very downbeat.

I haven't seen the footage but he deserves an Olivier award if he's delivered that convincingly.

It's just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic and I'll be amazed if he lasts the season, walked or sacked it doesn't really matter.

Rafa biting his lip in the interview there, basically saying we need to take our chances without blaming the lack of quality up front, but you can tell he must be thinking it. Feel so sorry for the bloke, he doesn't deserve this.

For everything he has tried to do for this club, he deserves so so much better.

My hope now is that Ashley sacks him, he gets his pay out and gets as far away from this clusterfuck as possible. Then, and maybe then, some of the pisspot zombies in the crowd might finally wake up and do something about their club.

I'm not holding my breath mind.

There's nothing actually wrong with his game plan, but it does need a ruthless goal scorer to make it work, not strikers who would struggle to score in the championship. He's absolutely hamstrung with this squad

This ^

We can’t score enough goals, we don’t have the quality. Rafa is getting it wrong against the lesser sides, Cardiff scored 4 at home today, we were 1 down at HT and got worse. Ashley is the disease but Rafa’s tactics at home have been questionable for well over a year now. We should have won today with what was available.

We can’t score enough goals, we don’t have the quality. Rafa is getting it wrong against the lesser sides, Cardiff scored 4 at home today, we were 1 down at HT and got worse. Ashley is the disease but Rafa’s tactics at home have been questionable for well over a year now. We should have won today with what was available.

I don't know Cardiff's squad that well, but it looks like they got the good Murphy. Don't know who was responsible for that debacle but they want shooting with shit.

I don't know Cardiff's squad that well, but it looks like they got the good Murphy. Don't know who was responsible for that debacle but they want shooting with shit.

Josh couldn't consistently get in the Norwich side the season before we bought Jacob. He only played the equivalent of about 11 games that season. Could have been injured though, not sure

Josh couldn't consistently get in the Norwich side the season before we bought Jacob. He only played the equivalent of about 11 games that season. Could have been injured though, not sure

Looks like an odd transfer for us to spend £12mil on a Championship winger when we're known for penny pinching

He just looks so much tougher mentally than our Murphy with all the other attributes. Really weird.

Guest firetotheworks

How many more games does Rafa get?

You gonna answer my question in the match thread? Who would you replace him with?

How many more games does Rafa get?

Who's gonna replace him and do better?

Better than bottom with 2 points? Is that what you mean?

Who do you honestly believe, with the exact players under the exact same constraints, will do a better job? Seriously, it genuinely fucking baffles me and makes me believe posts and tweets seriously questioning Rafa and wanting him out are from utter WUMs. It's like having a go at a surgeon for performing shit operations when only having knife and fork to operate with.

Guest firetotheworks

It's been nearly over two seasons of CG being asked the same thing and he hasn't once answered. He's a coward.