Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Can't believe people are expecting things to have happened already. It's Mike Ashley FFS, it will drag on for weeks.

From what we have been led to believe, one of Rafa's major gripes has been our slow movement in the transfer market which means he can't prep the squad properly pre-season. If he's serious about wanting that put right, then we would be signing players asap so can't see him letting the process drag on for too long unless he's just desperate to stay at any cost.

Honestly couldn't care less. Him leaving would be catastrophic for the team in the short term but him staying would be catastrophic for the club as Ashley extends his reign by a few years.

Either way will be another battle to avoid the drop. Ho hum.

God. Glad I’m not this miserable.

Guest chopey

I don't know how negotiations can take this long obviously Ashley is not bothered about Rafa staying its just a smoke screen to say he tried

I feel like the time being taken isn't a bad thing. I mean ... there isn't really a major rush in reality. Important that if we do keep Rafa it's because everything has been discussed thoroughly and they've come to a genuine understanding and agreement.

If this takes time and they ultimately come to an agreement it will be a really good sign I think.

Oh boy ... here comes the 'don't do it to yourself!' gang.

Your gang are the ones who get too emotional about all this stuff. Stop projecting!

The grown ups are just talking pal. Settle down.

Rafas bound by his contract not to speak publicly that he is not/unable to renew his contract.  It's got all the hallmarks of the FCB controlling what we hear from all sources.

This is nonsense.