Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Hasta luego N-O  :hello:

I’m out of here and NUFC until the day returns when I can feel proud of who we are.

Just taking the decision to walk away from the club (as long as CUNT remains) is reason to be proud. Don't walk away from each other. Newcastle should still remain united.

It may be the football that brought us together,but there is no need to disband just because the fotball is over.

Possibly but if he’s said he’s not staying early on, I can’t see him being too shocked if we announce it, or heaven forbid, had we announced a manager.

Yeah fair enough.  I think I recall that maybe they did even send him an email but he saw it after someone told him it was on Sky. That would tie in with the remember you’re under contract line in the mail article.

Hasta luego N-O  :hello:

I’m out of here and NUFC until the day returns when I can feel proud of who we are.

Just taking the decision to walk away from the club (as long as CUNT remains) is reason to be proud. Don't walk away from each other. Newcastle should still remain united.

It may be the football that brought us together,but there is no need to disband just because the fotball is over.

I’m actually in two minds whether to do the same.  Try to avoid here, Twitter, even not watch the games on sky. I love Newcastle.  I moved from the area in my teens and that just made it stronger as (with the accent etc) it made it part of my identity when surrounded by southerners. In twenty five years since there’s probably only been a handful of games I’ve either not watched, listened to, followers here or on ceefax!  Every day I’ve looked for Newcastle news. I’m not religious but this is my closest thing, my tribe.  Basically the same as most of us on this board.  But now it just brings anger and stress. It’s just not worth it.

I’m actually in two minds whether to do the same.  Try to avoid here, Twitter, even not watch the games on sky. I love Newcastle.  I moved from the area in my teens and that just made it stronger as (with the accent etc) it made it part of my identity when surrounded by southerners. In twenty five years since there’s probably only been a handful of games I’ve either not watched, listened to, followers here or on ceefax!  Every day I’ve looked for Newcastle news. I’m not religious but this is my closest thing, my tribe.  Basically the same as most of us on this board.  But now it just brings anger and stress. It’s just not worth it.

Don't move away from here. This is such a good place. It doesn't support Mike Ashley in any way and is a great place to share your frustrations with like minded souls.

Don't move away from here. This is such a good place. It doesn't support Mike Ashley in any way and is a great place to share your frustrations with like minded souls.

👍🏻

Well if Ashley knew two months ago Rafa was off, a suspicious mind would think leaving the replacement hunt until after June, would be a ploy so the new manager gets no real time to spend money.

Nah, they wouldn't do that would they.

Rafa is a political animal - it’s no surprise that the fans can also be played a little by those politics.

I do think he had a connection with us and with the scousers - but I also think that he uses that at times.

If I was being really cynical, I would presume that his daughter has now graduated from Durham?

Either way, he was still the best thing at this club since 2005.

Guest chopey

I just think he wasn't going to be taken for a ride, Ashley is used to yes men like Charnley that will do anything he asks even if it compromises their own beliefs.

Rafa is a political animal - it’s no surprise that the fans can also be played a little by those politics.

I do think he had a connection with us and with the scousers - but I also think that he uses that at times.

If I was being really cynical, I would presume that his daughter has now graduated from Durham?

Either way, he was still the best thing at this club since 2005.

I think he just wanted a chance to win things and work with top players again. I assumed that even when he turned up here, that there would come a point when he would want to see genuine progress or he would be off. Nothing that political about it.

So if the club have known for 8 weeks that Rafa was going, have they simply made no effort to get a manager or is the position so toxic that no-one wants to touch it?

So if the club have known for 8 weeks that Rafa was going, have they simply made no effort to get a manager or is the position so toxic that no-one wants to touch it?

Hopefully the toxic thing.

Guest Gonzo

There will always be someone who wants it. Rafa got what we get about Mike Ashley and his cronies and tried to use his popularity to make change but ultimately couldn’t.

You’d be amazed by how many people in and around football think that the situation at Newcastle is normal and would want a crack at the job. They don’t get it until they’ve been on the receiving end of the Ashley lies and then at that point the PR machine is against them so nobody outside of the knowledgeable fans take them seriously.

Fully expect a decent manager to get the job, one or two half decent signings and all to be forgiven by the time the season kicks off.

There will always be someone who wants it. Rafa got what we get about Mike Ashley and his cronies and tried to use his popularity to make change but ultimately couldn’t.

You’d be amazed by how many people in and around football think that the situation at Newcastle is normal and would want a crack at the job. They don’t get it until they’ve been on the receiving end of the Ashley lies and then at that point the PR machine is against them so nobody outside of the knowledgeable fans take them seriously.

Fully expect a decent manager to get the job, one or two half decent signings and all to be forgiven by the time the season kicks off.

We need to buy in 40 goals to stave off relegation. That won't come cheap.

Bastard Bet365 wanting a wager before showing me the game.

Think you just need money in ur account. Deposit £10 then withdraw it after. Back in your bank in an hour