Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

TalkSport this morning continuing the propaganda that Rafa went for money only. Allardyce also saying that Rafa got more patience than Bruce after a difficult start because of Rafa’s PR skills.

Had to turn it off.

Aye got this on in the office and tried to zone it out but felt pangs of rage. Didn't big fat cunt Sam slate Ashley around the time of his sacking?

Another day, another dig from Luke

So stupid. Just look at Rafa’s history of injuries at Liverpool. If you read Rafa’s  website he talks about not pushing players to more than 85%, specifically to prevent injuries and fatigue. This is important to Rafa, because he likes a small squad.

I decided to finally listen to the TF podcast post Arsenal that had Luke Edwards as the featured guest. So let me say this first and foremost, most of us are not privy to the off the record stuff the local press hears, so I can understand that there are interpretations of those comments, body language etc. but one thing I can’t seem to understand guys like Edwards can’t get their head around is that Rafa has ultimately said one of the main reasons he left for his Chinese club is that the owner, chairman etc all absolutely wanted Rafa and his staff and spent ages courting him. They paid whatever it took to get him, they listen to him, they have ambitious plans for their club that a self professed football addict like Rafa would love, they consult him on those long and short term plans, and most importantly they trust and value him as the elite world class football manager that he has proven to be over his illustrious career.

So compare that to the Championship season January transfer window and onwards; fucked about on Andros, Ashley pulls 30m out of the club, slow transfers and not much to spend each window, fucked about on Rondon, ages to sign Almiron - supposed control he had looks like only words on a paper. He can only essentially veto deals but can’t push his targets through. Wage structure piss poor. Sees colleagues in the PL getting more than he does in terms of football investment. He says he needs improvements to academy and training ground - it’s not up to standards of a football club like NUFC in the PL and he’s told it’s adequate. This is from a glorified accountant turned Chairman and an owner of a horrendous retail umbrella company.  There is no trust. There is no value. There is no respect for one of UEFA’s elite coaches, there is no gratitude that this man has got you PL football back and turns profits on your speculative acquisitions. Each summer we don’t invest into the first team we’re losing ground, Rafa thought. He wanted this club to fly high and be a top 6 club again and had a plan to get it there over a few years....yet Rafa is to blame for going for “money?” Ha!

Another day, another dig from Luke

So stupid. Just look at Rafa’s history of injuries at Liverpool. If you read Rafa’s  website he talks about not pushing players to more than 85%, specifically to prevent injuries and fatigue. This is important to Rafa, because he likes a small squad.

Also when players don’t believe in what they’re doing, and they’re losing a lot, they will declare themselves injured a lot more often.

Guest chopey

Just on reading the Peter Crouch book and he's basically said the same as most players that have worked under Rafa, 100% professional, every time you went on the pitch you felt totally prepared, not much fun but a football master.

I decided to finally listen to the TF podcast post Arsenal that had Luke Edwards as the featured guest. So let me say this first and foremost, most of us are not privy to the off the record stuff the local press hears, so I can understand that there are interpretations of those comments, body language etc. but one thing I can’t seem to understand guys like Edwards can’t get their head around is that Rafa has ultimately said one of the main reasons he left for his Chinese club is that the owner, chairman etc all absolutely wanted Rafa and his staff and spent ages courting him. They paid whatever it took to get him,they listen to him, they have ambitious plans for their club that a self professed football addict like Rafa would love, they consult him on those long and short term plans, and most importantly they trust and value him as the elite world class football manager that he has proven to be over his illustrious career.

So compare that to the Championship season January transfer window and onwards; fucked about on Andros, Ashley pulls 30m out of the club, slow transfers and not much to spend each window, fucked about on Rondon, ages to sign Almiron - supposed control he had looks like only words on a paper. He can only essentially veto deals but can’t push his targets through. Wage structure piss poor. Sees colleagues in the PL getting more than he does in terms of football investment. He says he needs improvements to academy and training ground - it’s not up to standards of a football club like NUFC in the PL and he’s told it’s adequate. This is from a glorified accountant turned Chairman and an owner of a horrendous retail umbrella company.  There is no trust. There is no value. There is no respect for one of UEFA’s elite coaches, there is no gratitude that this man has got you PL football back and turns profits on your speculative acquisitions. Each summer we don’t invest into the first team we’re losing ground, Rafa thought. He wanted this club to fly high and be a top 6 club again and had a plan to get it there over a few years.... yet Rafa is to blame for going for “money?” Ha!

:clap:

Why do people still listen to Talksport FFS?! It is literally a wind up radio station for people with IQs under 40.

As I like to masturbate when I hear Natalie Sawyer talk.

d5YjYqn.jpg

I decided to finally listen to the TF podcast post Arsenal that had Luke Edwards as the featured guest. So let me say this first and foremost, most of us are not privy to the off the record stuff the local press hears, so I can understand that there are interpretations of those comments, body language etc. but one thing I can’t seem to understand guys like Edwards can’t get their head around is that Rafa has ultimately said one of the main reasons he left for his Chinese club is that the owner, chairman etc all absolutely wanted Rafa and his staff and spent ages courting him. They paid whatever it took to get him, they listen to him, they have ambitious plans for their club that a self professed football addict like Rafa would love, they consult him on those long and short term plans, and most importantly they trust and value him as the elite world class football manager that he has proven to be over his illustrious career.

So compare that to the Championship season January transfer window and onwards; fucked about on Andros, Ashley pulls 30m out of the club, slow transfers and not much to spend each window, fucked about on Rondon, ages to sign Almiron - supposed control he had looks like only words on a paper. He can only essentially veto deals but can’t push his targets through. Wage structure piss poor. Sees colleagues in the PL getting more than he does in terms of football investment. He says he needs improvements to academy and training ground - it’s not up to standards of a football club like NUFC in the PL and he’s told it’s adequate. This is from a glorified accountant turned Chairman and an owner of a horrendous retail umbrella company.  There is no trust. There is no value. There is no respect for one of UEFA’s elite coaches, there is no gratitude that this man has got you PL football back and turns profits on your speculative acquisitions. Each summer we don’t invest into the first team we’re losing ground, Rafa thought. He wanted this club to fly high and be a top 6 club again and had a plan to get it there over a few years....yet Rafa is to blame for going for “money?” Ha!

Great post, K :thup:

Magnificent post this but gut-wrenching at the same time  :'( :'( :'(

I decided to finally listen to the TF podcast post Arsenal that had Luke Edwards as the featured guest. So let me say this first and foremost, most of us are not privy to the off the record stuff the local press hears, so I can understand that there are interpretations of those comments, body language etc. but one thing I can’t seem to understand guys like Edwards can’t get their head around is that Rafa has ultimately said one of the main reasons he left for his Chinese club is that the owner, chairman etc all absolutely wanted Rafa and his staff and spent ages courting him. They paid whatever it took to get him,they listen to him, they have ambitious plans for their club that a self professed football addict like Rafa would love, they consult him on those long and short term plans, and most importantly they trust and value him as the elite world class football manager that he has proven to be over his illustrious career.

So compare that to the Championship season January transfer window and onwards; fucked about on Andros, Ashley pulls 30m out of the club, slow transfers and not much to spend each window, fucked about on Rondon, ages to sign Almiron - supposed control he had looks like only words on a paper. He can only essentially veto deals but can’t push his targets through. Wage structure piss poor. Sees colleagues in the PL getting more than he does in terms of football investment. He says he needs improvements to academy and training ground - it’s not up to standards of a football club like NUFC in the PL and he’s told it’s adequate. This is from a glorified accountant turned Chairman and an owner of a horrendous retail umbrella company.  There is no trust. There is no value. There is no respect for one of UEFA’s elite coaches, there is no gratitude that this man has got you PL football back and turns profits on your speculative acquisitions. Each summer we don’t invest into the first team we’re losing ground, Rafa thought. He wanted this club to fly high and be a top 6 club again and had a plan to get it there over a few years.... yet Rafa is to blame for going for “money?” Ha!

:clap:

This should be framed and put in front of SJP

Should be sent to every shit media outlet out there who peddle their usual shite about NUFC, It's fans and Rafa.

Why do people still listen to Talksport FFS?! It is literally a wind up radio station for people with IQs under 40.

As I like to masturbate when I hear Natalie Sawyer talk.

d5YjYqn.jpg

ac50416ac107fa6c21eccb4b896dfd78.jpg

Ah mean come on, even if she whispered in my ear I've lost my job, house and kids forever I'd still be on the vinegar stroke before I even undid my zip.

Should be sent to every shit media outlet out there who peddle their usual shite about NUFC, It's fans and Rafa.

Simon Jordan slams former Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez when discussing hypocrisy in football

Former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan has launched another attack on former Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez.

Jordan, who now works as a pundit for TalkSPORT, has been outspoken on his thoughts about Benitez throughout the summer.

The 51-year-old has claimed in the past he felt Benitez merely did his job by keeping Newcastle in the Premier League insisting he does not 'subscribe to the view that Benitez walks on water'.

He has also criticised his motives in moving to China and felt he was always using Newcastle as a 'stepping stone' for a bigger job.

And in his column for the Sun, Jordan has spoken about 'hypocrite managers' with Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola and Benitez his focus.

And he has once again criticised the Spaniard while also discussing the 'hypocrisies' of football fans.

"Fans who have sided with Benitez, the boss who had been appointed by . . . yep, Mike Ashley — a man who can do no right, albeit is sometimes justifiably criticised," Jordan said.

"And Rafa has been able to use that by peddling the mantra, having been paid a king’s ransom over three years on Tyneside by the owner, that he left because of trust issues with the club.

"A boss who opted to snap up a £12m-a-year role in the backwater of Chinese football, having endlessly and incessantly broken that trust he was supposed to have with his boss by constantly briefing against him in the media.

"His sole focus was to advance his own opportunities, whether it was for a bigger job or more money.

"One of the biggest hypocrisies of all is the expectation of the fans themselves, demanding owners must come through the door, give them exactly what they want in terms of elite players, without caring less about who they are or where they got their money from.

"And the fans — who having seen money splashed out on their sides — then complain about the owner having no value for club and that the culture has changed from what it used to be.

"Fans who scream their demands for more signings to be made and new deals be handed out to good players, and then moan when the price of the season ticket has gone up as a result.

"Are any of these hypocrisies? My guess is that if it walks, talks and eats like a duck, then yes it’s a duck."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/simon-jordan-slams-former-newcastle-16789357

Guest chopey

Another rent a quote pundit speaking the party line, if I hear someone mentions expectation and Newcastle in the same sentence again I think I'll scream.