Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Tbh the main reason he's avoided so much scrutiny is due to our place in the league. Although I have no doubt when the shit hits the fan absolved of any blame during the process just like Pardew was and the scrutiny instead will be thrown at the players "well they have proven they could do it with Rafa in the past and early days Bruce..."

Fucking hell. Had a dream he came back to manage us, Mike released a statement that he has been wrong, investing the money Rafa needs. Rondon coming back too. Woke up excited. Then realized it was a dream.

“As for my work now, I am enjoying it at Dalian Yifang. In my last year at Newcastle, I had some strong interest from other clubs in the Premier League, but I don’t like to leave a job in the middle of the season, not when you’re depended upon and especially if you’re happy there. When I left St James’ Park, I decided I didn’t want to wait around. This was a huge project and a great option, so I will say it again: I’ve seen a bit of speculation, but I will be staying in China, 100 per cent”

[The Athletic]

Breaking News: Wanda Group announced they can not invest Dalian Yifang anymore in the way they have done in the past 2 years. Wanda also said they will attempt to launch their own club instead of the CSL outlet Dalian Yifang, which they have not held any stake yet.

(Preliminary) Interpretation of Wanda's announcement: (1) It seems they have not gained control of Dalian Yifang, which is possibly an asset of the local government (2) It is an ultimatum. If their requirements are not met, they will exit and launch a new club of their own.

What the hell :lol:

Guest covmag

Breaking News: Wanda Group announced they can not invest Dalian Yifang anymore in the way they have done in the past 2 years. Wanda also said they will attempt to launch their own club instead of the CSL outlet Dalian Yifang, which they have not held any stake yet.

(Preliminary) Interpretation of Wanda's announcement: (1) It seems they have not gained control of Dalian Yifang, which is possibly an asset of the local government (2) It is an ultimatum. If their requirements are not met, they will exit and launch a new club of their own.

BHH

Where's that from?  Wanda took full control a few years ago, they had to sell their stake in Atletico(?) to get it done iirc.

Where's that from?  Wanda took full control a few years ago, they had to sell their stake in Atletico(?) to get it done iirc.

Statement is on the Wanda group website.

News sites are now reporting it.

I’m guessing there might be a mutual termination of Rafa Benitez’s contract if the Wanda group pull out the club?