Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Bet he didn't own that scarf unlike local lad Steve Bruce who brought his own cause he loves the toon and always dreamed of managing the club.

Plus Steve's dad was a Geordie

Crikey. Bit sensitive some folk. Would have been cracking to see RB stay on and be given everything he had asked for from MA & LC but that was never going to happen - what could have been and all that etc.

But all this, "it's just too hard" talk and a load of unhappy emojis on the anniversary of his appointment? Meh..

Is this going to be a yearly thing?

Feel sorry for those that still aren't unhappy and aggrieved by what happened with Rafa. The calibre of the man is unparalleled in football and you won't be seeing a coach of his quality lowering themselves to rescue us from the shit ever again.

I intend to stay angry about it for a very long time tbph.

Feel sorry for those that still aren't unhappy and aggrieved by what happened with Rafa. The calibre of the man is unparalleled in football and you won't be seeing a coach of his quality lowering themselves to rescue us from the shit ever again.

Aye its annoying but not worth having a yearly cry over.

Oh yes it is. Every time I see or hear Bruce.

Just think, we got rid of Rafa for Bruce......

Oh yes it is. Every time I see or hear Bruce.

Just think, we got rid of Rafa for Bruce......

Yep. Humongous downgrade. Definitely a case of "what could have been" had we kept RB and all - or the majority - of his demands were met.

Its over with, nothing can be done about it. Re. what Optimistic Nut said about me never wanting to speak about past managers or players again: not what I'm getting at. Just find it odd to keep twisting/crying/getting upset or however you want to put it over his departure. Benitez falls under a long list of club favourites hugely mishandled by Ashley/Charnley/Llambias.

If we had an owner who gave a toss about the club and for whatever reason didn't keep Benitez on, then aye - fair fucks, I could understand twisting.

Benitez just falls in line with Shearer and Keegan who were mistreat by the club. He's not the first, won't be the last. There's just an empty feeling now whenever the club makes a stupid decision. Tiresome crying over them. Changes nowt.

But it's not over with, is it?

Yes it is, Rafa Benitez does not manage Newcastle United anymore. No point twisting about it. Just twist about Bruce, Joelinton and Shelvey & Ritchie's new contracts instead - that's current.

What's stopping you twisting on about all of them? Rafa and Keegan were representative of the fans ambition and belief that we deserve a club that aims high. Both of them should be remembered for as long as Ashley and his pet poodles are still here.

Yes it is, Rafa Benitez does not manage Newcastle United anymore. No point twisting about it. Just twist about Bruce, Joelinton and Shelvey & Ritchie's new contracts instead - that's current.

What's stopping you twisting on about all of them? Rafa and Keegan were representative of the fans ambition and belief that we deserve a club that aims high. Both of them should be remembered for as long as Ashley and his pet poodles are still here.

"What's stopping you twisting on about all of them?" - Becuase I dont want to.

"Rafa and Keegan were representative of the fans ambition and belief that we deserve a club that aims high." - Yes they were - as mentioned in my previous post: "Benitez just falls in line with Shearer and Keegan who were mistreat by the club." I'm not going to keep crying on about them either.

Up to you lot like if you wanna have a yearly cry/twist/moan over Benitez on his anniversary. Each to their own.

What are we allowed to twist/moan about in your world then?

"What's stopping you twisting on about all of them?" - Becuase I dont want to.

"Rafa and Keegan were representative of the fans ambition and belief that we deserve a club that aims high." - Yes they were - as mentioned in my previous post: "Benitez just falls in line with Shearer and Keegan who were mistreat by the club." I'm not going to keep crying on about them either.

Up to you lot like if you wanna have a yearly cry/twist/moan over Benitez on his anniversary. Each to their own.

Date Registered:Tuesday 3 March 2020, 02:44:28 PM

If you are new, wind your neck in man.  You're not new though.

What are we allowed to twist/moan about in your world then?

You can whinge about whoever and whatever you want. Im saying i wont be whinging about Benitez not being here anymore