Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

If this takeover completed he is the odds on favorite to be a manager.

Yeah I’ve always thought he’s ideal for the new project. I always got the impression he knew a takeover could be on the cards and was just doing anything to keep the club in league in case it happened - he'll know exactly what’s needed moving forwards and that takes masses of pressure of the new people coming in to run the club, Staveley will know that. He could potentially be here for years too.

Think players would prefer Poch.

So do I, but not necessarily because he would be the right man. Rafa is notoriously distant from players, but most of them do realise he's also a great manager, just maybe not the type that players love in the same way they would a Keegan. But that is Rafa's philosophy, and you can't really argue with the trophy count.

Guest chopey

My mind is made up I want the Saudis, Ribena boys, sexy Amanda and Rafa to take over my club.

The restructuring of the club from the ground up is the job in hand ,rafa is certainly the only man i want to see given that task

For a complete restructuring of the club from the Academy upwards there's nobody I would trust more than Rafael Benitez with his attention to detail in everything he does.

Guest chopey

I think I read last week that he is going back to China because his Visa has come through but his backroom staff can't go with him.

I think I read last week that he is going back to China because his Visa has come through but his backroom staff can't go with him.

Aye he posted on Instagram he was on way back, must’ve been going via Stockholm as he posted some photos from there.

• 1 month later...
Guest reefatoon
:lol: that was some strop on the sidelines. Looked like a kid in a huff because he couldn’t have any sweets.

Guest reefatoon

He's obviously pissed off the takeover deal has collapsed. He knew he was coming home. Someone get him to sign the petition.

• 2 weeks later...