Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest reefatoon

You are always wanting people to die Stiffs.

I never said I wanted him to die, I just said that he’s probably suicidal right now.

I’m just busting your chops fella after the needless abuse you got the last time.

You'd have to assume it's been pretty tough for him being the other side of the world to his family with all of the travel restrictions for so long. Would be surprised if that wasn't a big factor in this.

That's what he said:

"The pandemic is still here, for all of us, and supporting our families has been a priority when making this decision."

You'd have to assume it's been pretty tough for him being the other side of the world to his family with all of the travel restrictions for so long. Would be surprised if that wasn't a big factor in this.

Aye it will be like, and in reality I think any theory that he's left Dalian cos our takeover is nearly completed is a big stretch. But he's available now and he won't want to be out of work for long. So if the takeover is anywhere near to completion and Staveley is still front and centre of any ownership, it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility that he ends up back here.

That's what he said:

"The pandemic is still here, for all of us, and supporting our families has been a priority when making this decision."

:thup: aha cheers

I’m not wholly convinced by his reasons being COVID. Ok maybe a oart if that comes into play, however the pandemic has been going on in China for over a year now. They had to stop their League and he came back across for a while. Meanwhile the rest of the world got hit by the pandemic. He’s went back out there and finished the season off and been back for about 2 months now.

You would have thought that he would probably have quit sooner if it was only just about the Pandemic.