Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hmmm, so the opening offer from PCP is reportedly £300m or less (depending what you read/believe), and then Ashley allegedly lowers his asking price to £350m.... so PCP (accordingly to Jim Whites red face) come back with an offer of £360m?

:whistle:

Not saying I believe Jim White, but could be he wants £350m with no clauses all up front and this is £360m with clauses/some delayed payments.

Nah in reality of course Jim Whites made it up.

I notice Rafa casually said today that he hasn't been talking about the takeover with the players but they were talking about the Europa League. :lol:

This was my thought at first as well, but they were talking about which game one and another were watching.

I notice Rafa casually said today that he hasn't been talking about the takeover with the players but they were talking about the Europa League. :lol:

This was my thought at first as well, but they were talking about which game one and another were watching.

Ah. :thup:

I'm sure you all have heard/read Rafa playing down a possible transfer war chest (sorry couldn't resist :lol: ), saying that the money will be more or less the same no matter what, ffp rules and all that. You reckon he's doing this to bring our expectations down, or any other reason? Make it easier signing new players without paying 40% extra because of other clubs knowing we have mucho dinero? (IF that is).

Guest neesy111

If we get taken over, any club will know we have money to spend so whether Rafa says it or not makes no difference in terms of transfer fees.

I've said it for years, Pardew was a fucking idiot when he advertised that some our players were available for transfer, it immediately lowered their fee by a few million. Benitez is just a lot more shrewd when it comes to interviews, I'd read not into it. Imagine man "Yes, we've got 250 million to spend" - every club would instantly add 5 - 10 million onto the valuation of every player when we came knocking.

Keep your cards close to your chest.