Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It’s worth remembering that Staveley/PCP Partners, and Ashley are not fans of the club. From their point of view they will see a club who are 13th in the league and amongst 12 or so clubs who could go down, but are by no means certain to go down.

Us as fans have a ‘Could the wheels be falling off?’ outlook/fear. A bad result like today just makes us question our safety more as fans, from their point of view it’s probably not all that worrying and is just a performance blip that goes hand in hand with football. The deal to buy the club is not really going to be affected by today’s result. Infact of a deal to buy the club is on course to be completed by Christmas then I’d go as far as saying their is no result between now and then that would have any affect on the deal.

All in all we are just looking for a positive, and the sale of the club at this time would probably be the greatest positive we could have before January comes round and we can strengthen. This just makes us more desperate for the deal to be done.

Maybe this takeover talk is affecting the players too? Knowing possible investment is coming could mean certain players' future in doubt can't help morale can it?

If they had the right mentality it would be affecting them in the right way I'd have thought. Should the takeover go through then their futures are definitely in doubt because they aren't performing to the level they should be. Instead of feeling sorry for themselves you'd think they'd man up and show what they can bring to the table in order to secure their futures here. Yedlin, Ritchie, and Shelvey were practically walking back most of the time today from the looks of it.

Maybe this takeover talk is affecting the players too? Knowing possible investment is coming could mean certain players' future in doubt can't help morale can it?

I definitely agree with this :thup:

I think the future of a fair percentage of the squad is in doubt if it goes through.

Am I the only one that is concerned that our poor form could hinder, rather than help the takeover?

It’ll make PCP want a relegation clause more, whilst Ashley has proven time and time again that he is willing to risk relegation. Could it push the takeover to the end of the season? By which time we could be doomed (although I don’t think we will).

It's definitely easy to think that way given everything he's done, but on the other side of the coin it's just baffling to think he'd want to throw away so much money from an offer he'll likely never see matched. It might sound a bit naive but would he really cut his nose off to spite his face when over 300m is on the line?

No he wouldn't. This is his Freddy Shepherd moment where he wants to look like Billy Big Bollocks and hold out for a slightly better deal, but he knows PCP are representing investors in a different league. He'll get a decent price, probably because £10m here or there isn't going to make that much difference to the type of people who can hire PCP to front their deal.

sorry to ask. but was trying to work it out. Wouldn't it be better for Fat Mike to fuck off now because if he sells after January, and we couldn't spend and end up relegated, he loses more money because of the relegation clause?

Our poor form certainly puts added pressure on him to sell. If a sale doesn’t go through by January and I was the buyer I’d certainly be wanting a relegation clause meaning Ashley would need to spend in January to protect his price. If he sells before January then the spending would be down to the new owner and Ashley could reasonably argue that if we go down then it’s not down to him.

Surely the perfect time for both sides is now. We’ve got tough fixtures coming up.

Let's face it the only thing holding this deal up is Ashley himself, the way he does business one word from him and the club would be sold, he seems to have a lot of property deals going on right now and is also trying to scam sports direct out of £11 million to give to his brother, I think once he's had his fun and scrapped every last penny from the deal he will let us go in the next few weeks.

Fucking inevitable this coming week that the papers will come out with made up shit like "PCP considering to pull out of a deal with concerns over relegation, recent drop of form refusal on R-clause from Ashley" blahfuckingblah..

If there's no realistic chance of a takeover before the January transfer window I'm worried they might pull out. It's highly likely we'll go down with this squad and Ashley won't invest in January and they're probably well aware.

It will happen by the end of next week IMO.

Yip I agree as far as the takeover goes our terrible current form can only be a good thing

I'm really hoping this has already been agreed. The press didn't know anything about the offer at the end of last week all the way until Monday evening.

If this falls through we are so fucked it's unreal. The comedown would be crushing.

Desperate for this to happen in the coming week :lol: Not expecting it, but it would make me go from feeling miserable to fucking ecstatic.

Think it would help the team massively as well, because all the fans would become much much more positive straight away. Now the frustration shows very easily because of all the uncertainty. We need this to happen asap before we start fighting each other.