Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

All I know, that meal does not take place if things were still in the balance. We all want MA’s time here to end yesterday, but we just have to be patient and ride it out. I have hope because a) he wants to sell, b) there is a buyer and c) and this is maybe the most tell tale sign, Rafa seems at ease.

I’ve said all along I don’t think we’ll spend much if at all in January takeover or not and that to me is because Ashley won’t spend money that’s now not his and the new owners cannot spend money because they don’t officially own us yet. They could loan the club money and do any number of things to make it OK, but this is a big transaction, a long-term thing.

Rafa will use his contacts and whatnot to get in a few loan deals and even if not, he will be more than confident of keeping us up with the squad he has. If Ashley was the owner and going to be the owner until whenever, he would be doing what he did in the summer, using his contacts and whatnot to kick up a storm over transfers.

I’m of the opinion that to get this far, a fee surely must have been agreed if not exactly accepted, which of all the crap said and wrote, stands out as one big huge fucking red flag as a logical thing, surely?

So with that in mind, what’s the hold up? The legality of it all.

I’ll tell you about when I had my own company professionally valued and things like van leases were a big issue in terms of price, sale etc. You cannot just sell a business to someone and everything in that business gets transferred over to the new owners. Contracts are between people when it’s comes to business as much as the business itself. If there is a signature, that person is often liable for such a contract within the confines of a business.

With NUFC we are talking about player contracts, vehicle leasing, land maybe, catering, merchandise, agents, sponsorship, future deals and contracts, everything down to where we get bibs and balls from to vending machines and PDQ machines all the way to who the club banks with.

So for me, again, the hold up is with the legality of it all and that’s before we mention the FA and Premier League who have to ratify it.

It’s happening, it may take days, weeks, months or even until the end of the season, but Mike Ashley knows and knows well that his time at Newcastle United is at an end. He cannot afford the bad publicity, more fan pressure nor to give up what he can currently get from the club which is circa 50m plus profit. Ideal for someone who wants to buy more shares in his own company, buy more of a department store or buy into other retail opportunities. He cannot just use SDs money to buy up stuff, not unles she owns even more of it...

One thing that seems to have been forgotten or not mentioned is possible land issues... that could be a hold up as well. Land around SJP MA has earmarked for redevelopment. New owners may want that land or will have to engage whoever now owns it or has bids in for it etc.

Anyway this is all IMO and I could be talking shite as usual :lol:

I’m sticking by my prediction that we WILL be sold, it’s just a case of when and not if. Hopefully the sooner the better.

I’ll tell you about when I had my own company professionally valued and things like van leases were a big issue in terms of price, sale etc. You cannot just sell a business to someone and everything in that business gets transferred over to the new owners. Contracts are between people when it’s comes to business as much as the business itself. If there is a signature, that person is often liable for such a contract within the confines of a business.

With NUFC we are talking about player contracts, vehicle leasing, land maybe, catering, merchandise, agents, sponsorship, future deals and contracts, everything down to where we get bibs and balls from to vending machines and PDQ machines all the way to who the club banks with.

wot :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

wot :lol:

You need help reading?

Ashley is just selling the shares in NUFC etc, unless all those contracts have change of control provisions then they shouldn’t have any issues. One of the reasons it’s handy to have a holding company.

As for Benbow’s latest drivel, he concludes that Ashley will buy more shares because Sports Direct can buy more back. It’s just daft.

Guest Howaythetoon

Howay man, there's a bit of difference between yourself and a company the size of NUFC. Absolutely no way MA holds any liability for stuff like that. :lol:

I’m not saying HE personally does, and in no way saying my own business is comparable :lol:, what I’m trying to stress is that when you sell a business it’s not a case of giving the owner lots of money and that’s it. Deal done. So many variables. Again, we were told to pay off van leases for example, we had 4 at the time on lease until purchase and although that would have meant less cash in the bank it wasn’t about cash in the bank, more about assets, less debt, easier transferable things etc. Apparently that would make us worth more and make us more attractive. Fuck knows.

Now times that god knows how much with NUFC where they have what, 40 or so PDQ machines? We have 4 and they are all on contract. We cannot just terminate or transfer. And that just PDQ machines. Vending machines for example are on contract. Cars, land, players, sponsorship, the list is endless.

By the way in terms of profit to turnover my few companies are more profitable than NUFC and my wages to turnover ratio... therefore ME = better businessman than Ashley and I didn’t have to rename my warehouse or need funding from my parents :lol:

And I doubt he drives a fucking AMG.

Just the helicopter, yacht, 5m home, limos etc.

THE CUNT.

Meh, I really don’t think the legality or complexity is causing this holdup anymore, not after what’s effectively been weeks and weeks of waiting. A deal has simply not been agreed, and my money based on his previous is on Ashley being an akward if not downright unwilling seller (unless he gets what he peceives as a gold plated offer).

Guest Howaythetoon

As for Benbow’s latest drivel, he concludes that Ashley will buy more shares because Sports Direct can buy more back. It’s just daft.

:thup:

Is it though if he can actually buy so much more back? You obviously know more than me. I just wouldn’t poo poo his postings as drivel. He’s probably well intentioned just like this drivel spouting gob shite ;)

Guest Howaythetoon

Meh, I really don’t think the legality or complexity is causing this holdup anymore, not after what’s effectively been weeks and weeks of waiting. A deal has simply not been agreed, and my money based on his previous is on Ashley being an akward if not downright unwilling seller (unless he gets what he peceives as a gold plated offer).

They strike me as the type to walk away if they were to be lead up a garden path? Again to get this far, surely a fee must have been agreed, even if in principle? MA I want 400m. Let’s do DD first. Nah, we value it at 280m after DD. Nah replies MA, it’s worth at least 350m. OK let’s have a curry and then talk about it. Hmmm, lovely scran. Nah, still not on though. OK then let’s just, well, let’s just just...

What?

An impasse over valuation?

So you enter talks and go to all these lengths with no real idea of what to pay for something?

Either way it needs to happen soon for all our sanity :D

"Legality and complexity" (i.e. bickering over specific contract terms) is the majority of the work in any M&A project.  The actual valuation/bickering over price stuff doesn't take as long as you'd think.

Doesn’t matter if you are a selfemployed window cleaning business buying a rival, Disney buying someone like Fox, or Staveley buying NUFC. If you are 3/4 months into negotiations then you have pretty much agreed a deal. If you are that far in, that far down the line with due diligence, NDA’s, etc then you are pretty much closing the deal as both sides would have been to a heck of lot trouble (and financial expense) to get this far.

Doesn’t matter if you are a selfemployed window cleaning business buying a rival, Disney buying someone like Fox, or Staveley buying NUFC. If you are 3/4 months into negotiations then you have pretty much agreed a deal. If you are that far in, that far down the line with due diligence, NDA’s, etc then you are pretty much closing the deal as both sides would have been to a heck of lot trouble (and financial expense) to get this far.

Isn't the Disney and Fox deal supposedly going to take up to two year? ???

It’ll take a loooong time :lol: Stifler using a horrible example there.

Mostly because of investigations to make sure it’s not creating a monopoly on the market, not because of talks to over the structure/price of the deal.

"Legality and complexity" (i.e. bickering over specific contract terms) is the majority of the work in any M&A project.  The actual valuation/bickering over price stuff doesn't take as long as you'd think.

I don’t doubt it. The point is never has it been reported that a price had been agreed in principle and we all know how Ashley operates. He’s not a rational, professional human being who can be trusted to behave in a predictable fashion. He’s previously stood up potential buyers after flying over to the middle east to meet them. I genuinely believe it’s more about how any deal makes him feel powerful and like he’s “won” than even strictly a magic number he has in mind as a minimum price he can agree to. People have focused mainly on there being an apparantly eager buyer who could transform the coub’s fortunes rather than on the man child at the other side of the table who’s just out to push people around at his behest like he always does. I for one wouldn’t be at all surprised if Ashley calls this off out of the blue if PCP don’t bend over backwards far enough to accomodate his idiocies.

I'd be very surprised to see window cleaners signing NDAs stiffy

Mostly because of investigations to make sure it’s not creating a monopoly on the market, not because of talks to over the structure/price of the deal.

:lol: Wrong!

Not re set price, but structure.

Been trying to find out some info about Canterville Ltd and one name keeps cropping up in relation to Staveley, Craig Farquah Eadie

He seems to have been a director at a few of her companies including Amanda Staverley Foundation & PCP Capital Partners LLP, however he resigned as a director from PCP Capital Partners LLP on 1st December 2017 but it looks as though she has used his company Penhallow Company Services Ltd as an agent to set up Canterville Ltd. He was also involved with Staveley when she was arranging the Barclays/Abu Dhabi investment back in 2013

When doing some digging on Craig Eadie it appears he is an Oxford graduate solicitor who has worked in corporate finance and he has been directly involved in principal transactions for PCP Capital Partners previously.

Is Craig Eadie involved behind the scenes in representing her do we know?

Wife and daughter asleep so yes I have too much time on my hands :D