Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think the takeover will be announced this evening.

I'm not itk, not even gonna pretend I am. So it's not based on information as I don't have any. It's just a feeling, which could just as easy be wind.

Unfortunately, I can't see why the Staveley consortium would want to buy, if the threat of relegation was still there. And I can't see how a deal can be struck whereby Ashley compensates them if relegation happens.

Basically if we stay up, we're sold. If we go down, we're not.

Guest reefatoon

This month will be telling. If we have brought nobody in by the time the window closes, then there won't be a takeover before the season ends/or if we are safe. There is no way this is going to go through with relegation being a possibility and no strengthening of the team.

All speculation like, but if we choose not to invest and tow the line of relegation, Ashley must be very open to the idea of not selling the club to the supposed interested party. It would suggest somewhat of an indifference to the sale of the club this time round rather than a thing he actively wants to happen. Strange gentleman, perhaps the most indecisive ruthless billionaire we could have been blessed with.

That said, if I was putting a camera up for sale, I would likely be content to wait to get the best price possible, rather than just accepting the first offer that came my way; however, I would also be very cautious of continuing to use the camera in the meantime incase of potential damage and therefore decreasing the value all together. I think that's where we potentially might be come February/the end of the season. Damaged goods. The silver lining is we have a good manager and a group of players who want to, and will work very hard for him. I have more faith in this group of players to keep us up than I did in the squads of years gone by, despite them being higher in quality.