Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Ashley and his Sports Direct United can get to fuck, along with our hopeless "fans" who go to "support the team, not the regime" whilst simultaneously booing Perez for every misplaced pass. It's all a massive crock of shit and I can't be fucked with it any more.

Merry Christmas

To me this is a simple case of "know your enemy".

In our case it's about understanding Ashley and what his motivations are towards NUFC.  I think this is fairly simple to understand, Ashley wants NUFC to advertise Sports Direct to a global audience.  This means he needs NUFC in the Premiership, but that is all he needs.

This is why we see minimal investment in the club and only when relegation directly threatens, or if we've been relegated it results in investment for an immediate promotion back to the top league.

So what does this all mean?  It means the way to get rid of Ashley is to poison the marketing value of the club.  The supporters need to make it marketing poison for Sports Direct to be associated with NUFC.

We've seen some evidence already to support this, because every time the fans start protesting outside of SD stores Ashley uses his media cronies to drop stories about potential transfers and/or club sales.

Steve Howey saying something about he’s heard the prem league have been informed of a potential takeover and that there was an announcement originally planned prior to the Man Utd match.

Well let's see what happens after the transfer window.