Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If the takeover falls through i want the thread title changed to "The Takeaway Thread" so we can all comfort eat ourselves into fatal obesity. 

I'd prefer to rename it "The Takeout Thread" so we can all plot FMA's assassination.

I thought it was fairly clear that Staveley could effectively fund January by proxy.

Basically, Ashley has to back Rafa, secure our future and she will pay the difference or extra monies in the Summer.

Allowing the club to flounder benefits noone at all and Ashley certainly doesn't have the stomach for another championship season.

btw, the last six teams to get relegated are us, struggling back up in the PL, and the clubs currently 5th, 8th, 16th, 18th, and 23rd in the Championship. We should look upon coming straight back up twice as a miracle. The next relegation would likely to be disastrous.

Re the FA/PL ratification, do they have to make it public when they begin that process or could we theoretically be on day 29 now?

Can't see why it would have to be made public, but i also can't see it not being leaked.

Re the FA/PL ratification, do they have to make it public when they begin that process or could we theoretically be on day 29 now?

Can't see why it would have to be made public, but i also can't see it not being leaked.

Wasn't it mentioned the FA/PL stuff only took a week at max at some point?

Fuck me surely it's not fucking complicated. The longer this goes on the price of the club will tumble. If he doesn't spend in January we will be relegated he will then have to put more money into the club and will never have a chance to get his money back. Honestly man someone needs to go and give their heads a shake.

If Ashley is keen to sell why the hell would he spend £40 million on new players for a club he doesn't want ? Staverly wants us because of our 52000 fans and the current and future TV deal of course a deal will be done before Christmas it was sealed with a curry last week new players will arrive and we will be safe by Easter

Fuck me surely it's not fucking complicated. The longer this goes on the price of the club will tumble. If he doesn't spend in January we will be relegated he will then have to put more money into the club and will never have a chance to get his money back. Honestly man someone needs to go and give their heads a shake.

Ashley has no choice, he HAS to keep Benitez and he HAS to keep us in the Premiership, otherwise he loses the deal and a whole lot of money. He has to spend now and make sure he keeps Rafa happy and keeps us in the Premiership or he's out of pocket serious money and left with a club no one wants that is likely to be relegated and with very little chance of bouncing straight back up with any manager worth his salt not wanting to touch us. He lucked out twice in the championship with two great managers at that level, it won't happen again. Surely he's not that stupid, he must see his back is firmly against the wall.

If Ashley is keen to sell why the hell would he spend £40 million on new players for a club he doesn't want ? Staverly wants us because of our 52000 fans and the current and future TV deal of course a deal will be done before Christmas it was sealed with a curry last week new players will arrive and we will be safe by Easter

Full stop key knackered Chopey ?

The lad on Newcastle Mad Forum who said it was sold before the £300 million bid was announced by the journalists has just posted again and he is adamant it has been sold and everything is ready for January. I really hope so it got to the point today where I couldn't listen to the match on the radio it was just depressing I had to turn it off.

The lad on Newcastle Mad Forum who said it was sold before the £300 million bid was announced by the journalists has just posted again and he is adamant it has been sold and everything is ready for January. I really hope so it got to the point today where I couldn't listen to the match on the radio it was just depressing I had to turn it off.

There'll come a time in the future when we'll look back and tell ourselves that it was obvious that the deal was going to go through eventually. Hopefully that time is sooner rather than later.

However, living through it now is very frustrating and it's testing everyones patience to the limit.

Seemingly lots on there that want Rafa out.

What [emoji38]

They are lunatics on there. That PeterboroughMag or whatever his name, is a Right wind up merchant.