Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Putting a number on it is kind of pointless as it's complete conjecture. However two things are fact in the time Ashley's owned NUFC: Sports Direct has flourished and our commercial income has fallen miles behind the competition. In my opinion the two are inextricably linked.

Putting a number on it is kind of pointless as it's complete conjecture. However two things are fact in the time Ashley's owned NUFC: Sports Direct has flourished and our commercial income has fallen miles behind the competition. In my opinion the two are inextricably linked.

:thup:

With advanced analytics you can be sure that Mike Ashley is very well informed of just how valuable all that free advertising is.

A win for him will be a deal where he can keep the existing advertising arrangement for at least another few years.

We tend to be televised a lot so our hoarding would be worth a huge amount to any prospective new owners.

If they cut a deal where Ashley gets to keep all his perks for another few years, I’d have huge doubts about the level of funding coming in.

Havewebeentakenoveryet?

Havewebeentakenoveryet?

Havewebeentakenoveryet?

Havewebeentakenoveryet?

Havewebeentakenoveryet?

Havewebeentakenoveryet?

Fatcuntstakingusdoon

Scaredwellloserafa

Havewebeentakenoveryet?

Havewebeentakenoveryet?

Havewebeentakenoveryet?

Speaking of info, does anyone know the actual figure that we could potentially spend in January and not fall foul of the financial fair play rules? I've been seeing all sorts of random amounts being thrown out by the media.

I think your first time falling foul you get a "warning" anyway, so we might as well go balls to the wall.

Worst case you get banned from the CL/EL for a season, and it's unlikely we'd qualify this season anyway even if we splurged £200 million in January.

Speaking of info, does anyone know the actual figure that we could potentially spend in January and not fall foul of the financial fair play rules? I've been seeing all sorts of random amounts being thrown out by the media.

Haven't Man Citeh and PSG proved that if you have money the rules can be shimmied round ?

I don't really see why we'd need to anyway.  You're allowed £150m losses over three years iirc and two out of the last three years we've made a profit.  Even calling that profit zero and assuming a loss of £30m last season we should still have north of £100m to play with. 

Getting rid of FMA's stupid plan of paying everything up front will be like have an extra £50m in the kitty anyway (like a new signing, Jeff).

I imagine Mike Ashley's valuation of a relegated NUFC would be more than anyone would be willing to pay. He doesn't seem happy with a £300m (which is a profit on the £250m he's supposedly put in) valuation. He'd be offered half that for a Champion club. He'd probably prefer to bankroll the team in the Championship under the assumption that NUFC would be promoted again. He does like to gamble like that. If we got promoted again he'd be straight back to wanting an unrealistic fee for the club while not being willing to invest in the squad.

I imagine Mike Ashley's valuation of a relegated NUFC would be more than anyone would be willing to pay. He doesn't seem happy with a £300m (which is a profit on the £250m he's supposedly put in) valuation. He'd be offered half that for a Champion club. He'd probably prefer to bankroll the team in the Championship under the assumption that NUFC would be promoted again. He does like to gamble like that. If we got promoted again he'd be straight back to wanting an unrealistic fee for the club while not being willing to invest in the squad.

Spot on. He'll no doubt think promotion is very easy as well, based on the last two times.

Spot on. He'll no doubt think promotion is very easy as well, based on the last two times.

I don’t think he’s got the stomach for another relegation, personally. He was squirming when he spoke about it with his mate on Sky.

I don’t think he’s got the stomach for another relegation, personally. He was squirming when he spoke about it with his mate on Sky.

Needs to stop being such a massive cunt in that case, and pretty quickly.

Relax lads. There'll be an announcement in the next few days, money to spend in January and everything will be sweet as a nut.

Just have a mince pie and a pint and stop carrying on like a bunch of fannys.

Relax lads. There'll be an announcement in the next few days, money to spend in January and everything will be sweet as a nut.

Just have a mince pie and a pint and stop carrying on like a bunch of fannys.

:lol: If only NUFC was simple and good things happened.