Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumblings on twitter that somethings going on and rumours doing the rounds that a resignation letter's gone in .

If that's true, then we might look at Rafa going for constructive dismissal. If that's the case, then his people must feel they have a good shot at it.

If they are using £10k to hit Sports Direct by holding protests outside the distribution centre so they can’t do deliveries then it’s a good idea. If it’s £10k to produce a few ‘cockney mafia out banners’ then they can forget it.

If they are using £10k to hit Sports Direct by holding protests outside the distribution centre so they can’t do deliveries then it’s a good idea. If it’s £10k to produce a few ‘cockney mafia out banners’ then they can forget it.

Would that work though? Would it not just end up with arrests? There would be publicity. I think he would be most upset about the practises of Sports Direct, being constantly brought to media attention. He didn't like the documentary (was it Panorama?). The thing that has to be kept in mind is, whatever our fans do, it's not gonna stop your average mother from buying her bairn a cheap paid of football boots. No banners or protesting will make someone pay a tenner extra to go to JD. If its directed at Sports Direct, it's got to be something that goes deeper than Mike Ashley treats us like mugs.

This is great a thing to do, but why do i fear it'll make Ashley turn nastier and even more vindictive than he already is being.

Not saying it should stop by the way, everything should be thrown at the utter wanker now.

Fuck it! Surely we’re past the point of no return now?

It’s either a case of settling for supporting a club under the Ashley regime or do absolutely everything in our power to get him out. If that means Ashley sabotaging his own investment/advertising vehicle by taking it down to league 2 then so be it.

There is literally no point in supporting an NUFC owned by Ashley that merely exists to exist. Enough is enough!

Totally agree, enough is enough.

Guest Howaythetoon

There is only one real and totally justifiable way to loosen his grip on NUFC and that is to stop spending your money on NUFC in totality, matches, shirts, scran, everything. That’s the only thing that would work. Attacking SD I’d be game for, but given how many people it employs I’d be concerned the effect it may have on that side of things. Sadly if everyone boycotted NUFC people would lose their jobs too, but this isn’t s a retailer selling goods, this is a sporting institution that we all have a sharehold in if you like. Turning up and buying stuff is like a vote of confidence. Don’t!

Guest chopey

Who thinks this utter shite up?

What shite would that be?

Just let him be. He's the village lunatic who's mainly talking to himself.

If Crumpy's against it I'm defiantly in

Don't want to see any protests with coffins unless Ashley is in it.

Would that work though? Would it not just end up with arrests? There would be publicity. I think he would be most upset about the practises of Sports Direct, being constantly brought to media attention. He didn't like the documentary (was it Panorama?). The thing that has to be kept in mind is, whatever our fans do, it's not gonna stop your average mother from buying her bairn a cheap paid of football boots. No banners or protesting will make someone pay a tenner extra to go to JD. If its directed at Sports Direct, it's got to be something that goes deeper than Mike Ashley treats us like mugs.

if not, and people organise it, I'm in :lol:

As much as I hate seeing stores close on the high street - I would love to see people stop buying from the Sports Direct store - it's free and it's a statement.

10k is the going rate to hire a Hit Man or so I'm told.

So that's what they're doing

If the land outside of the SD distribution centre is public land then you have a legal right to protest, so long as it’s peaceful (or designed to be), and the authorities are informed. It’s how the likes of the EDL get away with their marches, the right to protest.

If you block off their distribution centre then they can’t get deliveries out, either for internet orders or direct to stores. Of course it would have to last a few days to have a severe impact, but they wouldn’t be too happy about it. With Black Friday and Christmas around the corner then there is a chance to severely impact them, and closer to now we have the Premier League to start with people buying new kits off them which could delay their deliveries.

:lol:

If the land outside of the SD distribution centre is public land then you have a legal right to protest, so long as it’s peaceful (or designed to be), and the authorities are informed. It’s how the likes of the EDL get away with their marches, the right to protest.

If you block off their distribution centre then they can’t get deliveries out, either for internet orders or direct to stores. Of course it would have to last a few days to have a severe impact, but they wouldn’t be too happy about it. With Black Friday and Christmas around the corner then there is a chance to severely impact them, and closer to now we have the Premier League to start with people buying new kits off them which could delay their deliveries.

I had a look (seriously :lol: ) and you can't block public highways, if you do the police can remove you apparently

I had a look (seriously :lol: ) and you can't block public highways, if you do the police can remove you apparently

You can’t but you can organise go slows on them. Truckers, taxi drivers, movement marches etc all do it frequently. If you have some cars moving very slowly and not allowing the trucks out of the depot (who have to give way to the on coming traffic) then you are fine.

Guest chopey

Takes me back to my days working in my next door neighbours converted ambulance hot dog van during the miners strikes .......................scaaaaaabbbb!!!

There is only one real and totally justifiable way to loosen his grip on NUFC and that is to stop spending your money on NUFC in totality, matches, shirts, scran, everything. That’s the only thing that would work. Attacking SD I’d be game for, but given how many people it employs I’d be concerned the effect it may have on that side of things. Sadly if everyone boycotted NUFC people would lose their jobs too, but this isn’t s a retailer selling goods, this is a sporting institution that we all have a sharehold in if you like. Turning up and buying stuff is like a vote of confidence. Don’t!

I wouldn't worry about the affect it would have on peoples jobs. SD is a shitty employer, if their stores close down, someone else moves in and it ends up having a positive impact on peoples employment situation overall. Attacking SD is the best way of getting rid of Ashley -- publicity for SD is literally the only reason he owns the club, he doesn't care about anything else, if the fans can make using the club as a sponsorship vehicle for SD more hassle than it's worth, that's the day he fucks off.

ugh least we'll know who the cunts in our support are when they're the only ones left in the stadium

Except the fat cunt keeps making it abundantly clear that it's HIS club, not yours. You fucking dipshit.

Obviously not directed at you, SB.