Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It'll probably only kick off at the final home game when everyone realises Rafa is going.

Small pockets of the stadium, sure.. but people hoping for a full on protest or 'revolt' or whatever are gonna be disapponted. Way too many people at the games happy just to be going and seeing Premier League football and see the event of going to the game every week too big/important to turn on Ashley for just because Rafa leaves. There'll be other managers and those people don't or won't see the importance of Rafa.  When I go to home games (maybe 5 per season) I sit all over and those types are everywhere

So how does turning on Ashley stop people from doing that exactly?

It doesn't, but singing a song saying you think he's a cunt and waving a banner isn't going to do anything while you're still there putting money in his pocket :lol: Defeats the whole point of fans turning. Unless the "turn" is actually doing fuck all

this

way too many like this

"I have my routine of going to the match and fuck off if I'm changing it.  Oh and I hate Mike Ashley and want change!!"

It'll probably only kick off at the final home game when everyone realises Rafa is going.

Small pockets of the stadium, sure.. but people hoping for a full on protest or 'revolt' or whatever are gonna be disapponted. Way too many people at the games happy just to be going and seeing Premier League football and see the event of going to the game every week too big/important to turn on Ashley for just because Rafa leaves. There'll be other managers and those people don't or won't see the importance of Rafa.  When I go to home games (maybe 5 per season) I sit all over and those types are everywhere

So how does turning on Ashley stop people from doing that exactly?

It doesn't, but singing a song saying you think he's a cunt and waving a banner isn't going to do anything while you're still there putting money in his pocket :lol: Defeats the whole point of fans turning. Unless the "turn" is actually doing fuck all

this

way too many like this

Absolutely agree with you, plenty in my pre match mob. Half of the 14 have said whey will pack it in when Rafa goes. The other half would accept a flogging if thats what it took to get through the turnstiles.

Guest Howaythetoon

Heard it all before. Hardly anyone will walk away if Rafa goes and those that do will see their seats filled very quickly.

Not so sure myself, certainly all the match goers I know are ready to walk away.

And they will be replaced.

Heard it all before. Hardly anyone will walk away if Rafa goes and those that do will see their seats filled very quickly.

Not so sure myself, certainly all the match goers I know are ready to walk away.

Is the waiting list still 15000?

Possibly if we're still in the PL, drop down to the Championship with some yes man in charge and I think the crowds would fall away massively.

Rafa needs to go.. for the greater good. Because when he does we will sink into utter oblivion and thats the only way Ashley will ever leave.. when it starts hitting his pocket. And if Rafa did go I would hope the stadium does start to empty but i'm not confident. How much can people take of their club being pulled inside out and being constantly lied to?

Everyone loves Rafa, he's connected the supporters and forever told us what most should already know, that Newcastle should be fighting at the right end of the table season in season out. But it's never ever ever going to happen whilst Ashley is about. Its needs to get extremely bad before it ever gets good again.

I think once he’s gone he’s gone as far as this club is concerned, Rafa I mean.

Ashley is here for the long term. This club is the vessel for everything else he has to make money.

Maybe it’s naive to think he had good intentions from the start, but I really think he wanted to be liked.. it was more of a popularity move than a business one.. then once Keegan walked, he never got over the abuse he got.

It was his biggest mistake. He could have done that to any other manager and gotten away with it. Not KK though.

Beginning of the end really, once he became emotionally detached this club has just been his play thing ever since.

I reckon this must be the most stubborn Ashley's ever had to be. His manager is making reasonable demands at a time when the coffers are as weighty as they've ever been, whilst the 19 competitors are all spending large quantities.

He's always been impossibly difficult as an owner because he isn't interested in the club being successful; but it takes some serious mettle to be this logic-defyingly unsupportive. Not only is he destroying the greatest opportunity this club has had for silverware since 1996 (arguably 1969), but he's wilfully plunging us into another unnecessary battle for mere survival.

Even for Ashley, it's genuinely staggering. He must be on extremely hard drugs very, very frequently.

Is Michael Murray the future son-in-law?

That's the one, Head of Elevation. Going down, sir?

About to be paid 5m by SD. That payment is performance based (has advised the company on property transactions for the past 3 years).

I just hope Rafa's tells everyone who offers him a job when he leaves to fuck off, then once Ashley has buggered off he comes back

Now there's wishful thinking :yao:

The only real hope I have for Rafa is that when his contract is up he walks away without taking any silencing payments, and.then proceeds to lay out in public in excruciating detail what a horrendous devious lying ballbag of an owner Ashley is. If nothing else there are sections of the media and our support that really need to hear it.

Ashley is here for the long term. This club is the vessel for everything else he has to make money.

Maybe it’s naive to think he had good intentions from the start, but I really think he wanted to be liked.. it was more of a popularity move than a business one.. then once Keegan walked, he never got over the abuse he got.

It was his biggest mistake. He could have done that to any other manager and gotten away with it. Not KK though.

Beginning of the end really, once he became emotionally detached this club has just been his play thing ever since.

“I was told that the man behind the deal was Mike Ashley and I sat with his representatives over 3 days thrashing out a deal. I was keen to know why they wanted the club and they were quite honest. They wanted to market their sports goods in the Far East and would use the club to help do this.”

Sir John Hall.

Cheers to him for looking after out best interests, eh?

“I was told that the man behind the deal was Mike Ashley and I sat with his representatives over 3 days thrashing out a deal. I was keen to know why they wanted the club and they were quite honest. They wanted to market their sports goods in the Far East and would use the club to help do this.”

Sir John Hall.

I knew that, he said those things much later though. In an interview, things had already gone to shit. At the time of the takeover it was only Freddie Shepperd who called him out for being a snake.

And for the most part I remember we were so excited about a “billionaire” buying the club we laughed off his comments.

I never subscribed the notion the club would have gone the way of Leeds, we never spent as much as them. We had one marquee signing each summer, or as good as. In 2000 Robert was only 9.5m and Bellamy about 6, did we sign Carl Cort that summer too? (That one always baffled me)

Hall took the money and ran in the end. He had an obligation to do due diligence on the buyer..

Dick heads like him are, obviously not the main part, but a fuckin massive part of our problem.  Just willing to eat whatever shit they're fed.

I fucked my ticket off early doors in Mclarens last season as I just couldn't bring myself to going and found myself spending the first half whinging about him and ashley, then leaving at half time regardless of the score.  It's not as hard as I thought to keep away.  I admit I was sorely tempted to get it back when Rafa stayed for the Championship, but since then, fuck them...it's always been heading one way with this CUNT.

Sir John Hall.

He didn't even meet Mike Ashley himself.  :lol: SJH sold the club down the river.

Guest ElCid

[tweet]1020185420276039680[/tweet]

cunt

These are the exact support the team not the regime people I call sheep. We all know Ashley is ultimately to blame but the attitude of some of our support is just moronic. We saw what happened at West Ham and it went media frenzy as a result and low and behold looks what’s happening there this summer in terms of money being spent. Yes it was probably a bit too much but something has to put pressure on the fat cunt. Well it probably won’t or should I say certainly because you have too many people in our support like this total idiot.