Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do people expect for a second rung job?! I'm no Ashley apologist, but you're not going to get super money for one step up from minimum wage.

Also, you pay very little income tax on 20k, so it's not like you'll be starving in the streets.

Net pay around £1400 per month.

Note the ad states you can up to £20,000 per year, which is probably on the proviso of unattainable targets.

If the sum includes a hefty chunk of 'bonuses' that are based on 'moon on a stick' type targets, then that is fundamentally wrong.

£1400 per month is not breadline, but I wouldn't want to have a family and a mortgage on that.

By the way, I deleted my original post, because I didn't want it to come across as a sleight at anyone working in that type of job. In my book, anyone who grafts for a living is a friend in my eyes.

What do people expect for a second rung job?! I'm no Ashley apologist, but you're not going to get super money for one step up from minimum wage.

Also, you pay very little income tax on 20k, so it's not like you'll be starving in the streets.

Note the ad states you can up to £20,000 per year, which is probably on the proviso of unattainable targets.

If the sum includes a hefty chunk of 'bonuses' that are based on 'moon on a stick' type targets, then that is fundamentally wrong.

£1400 per month is not breadline, but I wouldn't want to have a family and a mortgage on that.

By the way, I deleted my original post, because I didn't want it to come across as a sleight at anyone working in that type of job. In my book, anyone who grafts for a living is a friend in my eyes.

Fred west was reputably a prolific builder

It might be minimum wage for shop floor staff in the Mike Ashley sector but not in retail in general, plenty of retailers pay £9-£10 per hour for basic floor staff, and more in London.  So £18-19k a year for basic customer assistants at the likes of M&S or Lidl vs £20k (or upto £20k even...) for a supervisory role at one of this cunts stores.

I get double that so whoever gets that job is half a James.

Again can't really beat him with the stick against bonuses either. The SD bonus scheme was achievable and all FT staff made a good few thousand extra a year from it which increased for continuing to beat it. It did actually work well.

It might be minimum wage for shop floor staff in the Mike Ashley sector but not in retail in general, plenty of retailers pay £9-£10 per hour for basic floor staff, and more in London.  So £18-19k a year for basic customer assistants at the likes of M&S or Lidl vs £20k (or upto £20k even...) for a supervisory role at one of this cunts stores.

What a knob.  :lol:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Barry fucking Homeowner

Barry fucking Homeowner

:lol: Loving the increase in Mince references around the forum these days.

Barry fucking Homeowner

Ding dong landlord here

A full knob.

Zany as ever James, you absolute cretin

It might be minimum wage for shop floor staff in the Mike Ashley sector but not in retail in general, plenty of retailers pay £9-£10 per hour for basic floor staff, and more in London.  So £18-19k a year for basic customer assistants at the likes of M&S or Lidl vs £20k (or upto £20k even...) for a supervisory role at one of this c***s stores.

Nice one mate.  I bet you have a 10 inch dick and holiday at Elevenarife too.

Guest reefatoon

Wonder if we are using this international break to sort out the transfer pot for January....

http://i66.tinypic.com/n553tj.jpg