Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Look at it this way, which journo out there would hold their hands up and say "You know what? You're right, well played on beating us to the punch". They're too competitive to do that, otherwise they probably wouldn't be in that field in the first place.

Caulkin has tweeted in reply to someone that it's been categorically denied that the new company is anything to do with NUFC. None of this 'sources suggest' clickbait the others have gone for.

Was nice to hope it was close. Still think it'll happen anyway.

Negative Luke acting like he knew all along

2 points on his tweet.

Firstly didn’t the previous Man City owner own them outright so why create a holding company then?

Secondly yes there are no shares at the moment but if Staveley is an investor with someone else richer they will each own a percentage of the club therefore shares.

Actually there are shares in Newcastle United - 133,000,000 of them

Edwards' tweet about "no shares to control" is utter bollocks. Fatty owns 100% of the shares in the holding co that owns the shares in the football club company, so if he sells those holding co shares to you then you own it . That's how a takeover works.

Unbelievable that a journalist doesn't understand this. Or maybe not...

Edwards' tweet about "no shares to control" is utter bollocks. Fatty owns 100% of the shares in the holding co that owns the shares in the football club company, so if he sells those holding co shares to you then you own it . That's how a takeover works.

Unbelievable that a journalist doesn't understand this. Or maybe not...

This.

Negative Luke acting like he knew all along

2 points on his tweet.

Firstly didn’t the previous Man City owner own them outright so why create a holding company then?

Secondly yes there are no shares at the moment but if Staveley is an investor with someone else richer they will each own a percentage of the club therefore shares.

Actually there are shares in Newcastle United - 133,000,000 of them

Of course, how else if Mike Ashley would sell part of the club would something like that work?

This whole thing is ridiculous at this point. Understandably people are desperate for him to fuck off, but that's not going to make the announcement come any quicker.

All of this would have been agreed at that curry house.. at least a deal in principal over certain terms and conditions.

Say for example, if we'd lost all of the games over Christmas.. that would certainly have an impact on the price. But we've done quite well and have come out looking a bit safer.

So hypothetically this could have reverted to Plan A once more, say 300m or whatever the price is.

So after we beat Stoke she knew what she had to do and what the price was going to be.. sets up holding company and waits for the saudi dolla to transfer over.

In the meantime Rafa can go about his business in terms of convincing targets to join us but probably has to keep them on ice for a few days just in case there's any last minute hitches.

My guess at this point would be that any announcement would come after the FA Cup game. No point in any big distractions for the players, some of whom could be looking for a new club when this is all done.

Guest Howaythetoon

Just because something has been categorically denied doesn't make it untrue. Why would anyone let a journalist know something anyway? I don't doubt Caulkin or his sources in terms of their credibility, but I do doubt he knows anyone so close to all of this. Certainly no one who will be willing to even hint at anything at this stage. So in short, he knows nowt, no-one does but the very people involved in this namely Ashley and only his closest advisers and Stavely and her people.

Guest firetotheworks

Just because something has been categorically denied doesn't make it untrue. Why would anyone let a journalist know something anyway? I don't doubt Caulkin or his sources in terms of their credibility, but I do doubt he knows anyone so close to all of this. Certainly no one who will be willing to even hint at anything at this stage. So in short, he knows nowt, no-one does but the very people involved in this namely Ashley and only his closest advisers and Stavely and her people.

How can you claim that no one knows anything when you were the one that was ITK? :lol:

Question for anyone who knows what they're talking about in terms of business acquisitions etc...

Say the company is for us, if lets say a Saudi prince transferred £300 million to it, and then it paid that to Ashley, would any of this have to be in the public domain? Or not?

Question for anyone who knows what they're talking about in terms of business acquisitions etc...

Say the company is for us, if lets say a Saudi prince transferred £300 million to it, and then it paid that to Ashley, would any of this have to be in the public domain? Or not?

Kind of

There would be no need for a public announcement, but the change in ownership will be on public record.

I doubt a deal of this size or in football in general would escape the news cycles even if the parties tried to keep it quiet

Guest Howaythetoon

How can you claim that no one knows anything when you were the one that was ITK? :lol:

Not ITK in the slightest and never claimed to be. I have been told by someone I trust that the sale has been done for a long time now and that its basically in the hands of the PL/FA etc. and I really do believe that is where we are at right now hence much of what I'v posted on here with regards to that. That person, however, will know nothing of any finer details such as when it will happen, how and who is actually buying us just like anyone else in all of this so...

Kind of

There would be no need for a public announcement, but the change in ownership will be on public record.

I doubt a deal of this size or in football in general would escape the news cycles even if the parties tried to keep it quiet

Cheers. My gut feeling is that the journalists only know what people close to the deal want them to know - hence them all running the "close to a breakthrough" story a month ago. Just gonna hope for the best.

Guest Howaythetoon

NUFC will not be owned by any one individual like now, it will be held in a holding company much like MASH Holdings or whatever its called, but money paid for the ownership of NUFC will come from various sources and not one man like Ashley that do not have to become public knowledge and may never. I imagine Stavely will be the Director of the holding company and NUFC will get a board with the real owners never fully becoming known. Basically the club will become an investment vehicle held by a company being fed by investors. Its all a bit shady, but not illegal. The higher up the business chain the more myriad it can be for tax reasons, to protect individuals and how they invest, why and whom to or what. Mike Ashley owns us now, but after the takeover no-one will own us. There will be no shareholders, just investors getting rid of money...

NUFC will not be owned by any one individual like now, it will be held in a holding company much like MASH Holdings or whatever its called, but money paid for the ownership of NUFC will come from various sources and not one man like Ashley that do not have to become public knowledge and may never. I imagine Stavely will be the Director of the holding company and NUFC will get a board with the real owners never fully becoming known. Basically the club will become an investment vehicle held by a company being fed by investors. Its all a bit shady, but not illegal. The higher up the business chain the more myriad it can be for tax reasons, to protect individuals and how they invest, why and whom to or what. Mike Ashley owns us now, but after the takeover no-one will own us. There will be no shareholders, just investors getting rid of money...

Thanks, so the answer as to what needs to be made public and when is? When money gets paid to the holding company? (Guessing not), when they pay money to Ashley to purchase the club? (guessing this bit may need to be public as its a PLC?) or what stage things would need to be out there.

I am hopeful but I think a lot of people are counting their chickens. When the deal is done signed and delivered it will be announced, I doubt there will be prolonged keeping it secret and Ashley is quite capable of pulling out for barely any decent reason right up till the last signature. I still think it'll go through but when it's a done deal we'll know.

Guest Howaythetoon

Thanks, so the answer as to what needs to be made public and when is? When money gets paid to the holding company? (Guessing not), when they pay money to Ashley to purchase the club? (guessing this bit may need to be public as its a PLC?) or what stage things would need to be out there.

Holding company is fed money from PCP's partners who in turn gives Mike Ashley his money with the holding company, well holding NUFC and all its assets on behalf of PCP's partners or rather investors.

Holding company is fed money from PCP's partners who in turn gives Mike Ashley his money with the holding company, well holding NUFC and all its assets on behalf of PCP's partners or rather investors.

Can this all be done without any sort of business announcement being made? I know if we were on the stock exchange etc then an announcement would be needed, just not sure under our current ownership structure if legally something has to be said?

Guest Howaythetoon

Can this all be done without any sort of business announcement being made? I know if we were on the stock exchange etc then an announcement would be needed, just not sure under our current ownership structure if legally something has to be said?

A record at companies house will have to be made that MASH no longer has any controlling interest in NUFC with the name of the new holding company named in the records. That is all that is needed pretty much.

You wont see the head of the Saudi family down as a director or anything for example :lol:

It will be AS the director of the holding company along with her bloke and then its anyone's guess as to who owns us really...

A record at companies house will have to be made that MASH no longer has any controlling interest in NUFC with the name of the new holding company named in the records. That is all that is needed pretty much.

You wont see the head of the Saudi family down as a director or anything for example :lol:

It will be AS the director of the holding company along with her bloke and then its anyone's guess as to who owns us really...

:thup: