Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question for anyone who knows what they're talking about in terms of business acquisitions etc...

Say the company is for us, if lets say a Saudi prince transferred £300 million to it, and then it paid that to Ashley, would any of this have to be in the public domain? Or not?

NUFC will not be owned by any one individual like now, it will be held in a holding company much like MASH Holdings or whatever its called, but money paid for the ownership of NUFC will come from various sources and not one man like Ashley that do not have to become public knowledge and may never. I imagine Stavely will be the Director of the holding company and NUFC will get a board with the real owners never fully becoming known. Basically the club will become an investment vehicle held by a company being fed by investors. Its all a bit shady, but not illegal. The higher up the business chain the more myriad it can be for tax reasons, to protect individuals and how they invest, why and whom to or what. Mike Ashley owns us now, but after the takeover no-one will own us. There will be no shareholders, just investors getting rid of money...

Thanks, so the answer as to what needs to be made public and when is? When money gets paid to the holding company? (Guessing not), when they pay money to Ashley to purchase the club? (guessing this bit may need to be public as its a PLC?) or what stage things would need to be out there.

Holding company is fed money from PCP's partners who in turn gives Mike Ashley his money with the holding company, well holding NUFC and all its assets on behalf of PCP's partners or rather investors.

Can this all be done without any sort of business announcement being made? I know if we were on the stock exchange etc then an announcement would be needed, just not sure under our current ownership structure if legally something has to be said?

A record at companies house will have to be made that MASH no longer has any controlling interest in NUFC with the name of the new holding company named in the records. That is all that is needed pretty much.

You wont see the head of the Saudi family down as a director or anything for example [emoji38]

It will be AS the director of the holding company along with her bloke and then its anyone's guess as to who owns us really...

MASH no longer has any controlling interest in NUFC. control was moved to St James's holdings a while back mike's vehicle for buying & selling Newcastle United.

The ultimate beneficial owners are subject to the fit & proper tests so their identity will be known to the FA at least and I doubt it could be kept quiet for that long.

As for if we'll ever find out how much cash actually changes hands- possibly if it's all done via MASH Holdings for example, as that info would appear in their next set of accounts (that could be up to 18 months to be filed and public). At present, the full chain from NUFC to Ashley is all UK-registered and the amount would be material to the accounts of MASH.

epiphany

ɪˈpɪf(ə)ni,ɛˈpɪf(ə)ni/

noun

the manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi (Matthew 2:1–12).

a moment of sudden and great revelation or realization.

Unsure what the Magi bit is? Ill take it as its part of my user name  :lol:

Guest The Little Waster

epiphany

ɪˈpɪf(ə)ni,ɛˈpɪf(ə)ni/

noun

the manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi (Matthew 2:1–12).

a moment of sudden and great revelation or realization.

Unsure what the Magi bit is? Ill take it as its part of my user name  :lol:

The manifestation of Christ to the Geordies as represented by a Magpie

Ace when you log on and see this thread has moved on 17+ pages.

Has it happened yet?

Errrr, well... not exactly... but, well, no. No. It hasn’t

... but let’s face it, that doesn’t usually stop us. We have got used to making our own entertainment.

6th is a Saturday. All hell will break loose in the city if it happens or announced before or after that Luton game.

FA Cup 3rd round replay at SJP against Stoke, KK came home.

FA Cup 3rd round at SJP again, Ashley fucked off home?

Question for anyone who knows what they're talking about in terms of business acquisitions etc...

Say the company is for us, if lets say a Saudi prince transferred £300 million to it, and then it paid that to Ashley, would any of this have to be in the public domain? Or not?

Kind of

There would be no need for a public announcement, but the change in ownership will be on public record.

I doubt a deal of this size or in football in general would escape the news cycles even if the parties tried to keep it quiet

Cheers. My gut feeling is that the journalists only know what people close to the deal want them to know - hence them all running the "close to a breakthrough" story a month ago. Just gonna hope for the best.

Thing is I wouldn’t have thought they would tell any journalist that this is for the takeover as it would result in a mass media outpouring and the media harassing then non stop for information. There is no way they are going to say anything is done until it was announced and any reporter would be told no at this stage. Hey this might or might not be happening does seem a bit coincidental I have to say. Caulkin is just reporting what he was told but every reporter would be told the same as they would not risk the media frenzy at this stage.

Guest The Little Waster

I've been disappointed for 10 year

Only 10 ? In the old days we wouldve seen that as promotion