Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Those are resolutions passed at the AGM and are similar to those passed in previous years. They expire each year and must be renewed. The disapplication of preemption rights gives the company flexibility to raise new cash through issue of new shares quickly without going through a full public placement- for example if the opportunity arises to buy another business but such a deal must be done within a short timeframe. The AGM notice states no such transaction is currently envisaged in the opinion of the Board (which includes MA).

SD have a rolling share buyback programme, which again must be authorised by shareholders annually.

So it all means very little.

It happened in September 2016 last.

I’m a reflector and I’ve been through everything that’s been published and shared on here and I come to the same conclusion that this is going to happen.

With Ashley at the helm our brand is toxic, and if there was little chance of this happening PCP would have wanted to be disassociated as quickly as possible and the NDA would be dead in the water.

I still think the curry house was the pivotal moment to this happening. If they’ve agreed the high level principles of the deal it will be in the hands of the lawyers to draw up the many contracts etc that will be required. Still reckon this new limited company is part of the process but as has been mentioned on here they’re not going to come out and admit it as that all but confirms the deal is done.

It’s really difficult to predict when this will happen. Having worked on projects before where NDAs are signed sometimes the communication piece can take time due to getting stuff signed off etc.

Either way I doubt we will here a thing till Ashley is back from his jollies. I’d expect any press release to pay tribute to his time at the club etc etc. So we just have to wait I guess. Which is a shame because it consumes so much of my time trawling the internet for the slightest nugget of information.

Someday this wars gonna end ...

It would be nice to know one way or the other tbh, this uncertainty is killing us and could have huge ramifications for the club. If we are stuck with Ashley then lets get on with it,and start bringing in players that fit his ridiculous financial constraints.

I guess in his mind, as long as we are in a comfortable position in the league, waiting this thing out till the end of the season won't be the worst thing in the world. If we can survive, he's then pocketed 100 million, which is almost if not all full profit, since we've spent virtually nothing, spend that's probably easily covered by incoming staged payments of player sales from previous seasons.

It all hinges though for him on if we stay up, he's got nothing to sell if we go down, if he had any sense (which we know he does not) he would listen to Rafa and sanction some modest spend on loans, 2 or 3 experienced players with PL ability, would make the world of difference to this squad.

Buzzing for 6th Jan. The ITK's are certain its happening Saturday. On a match day. On footy focus  :cheesy:

Where did the ITK's say Saturday or the 6th? Must have missed that amid the pantalaimon conquest of the universe...

If you scroll back to page 218 or something like that, some guy put crayons all over his text messages from the standard source "who he trusts and has been right before about certain stuff".

Buzzing for 6th Jan. The ITK's are certain its happening Saturday. On a match day. On footy focus  :cheesy:

Where did the ITK's say Saturday or the 6th? Must have missed that amid the pantalaimon conquest of the universe...

If you scroll back to page 218 or something like that, some guy put crayons all over his text messages from the standard source "who he trusts and has been right before about certain stuff".

:thup: Aye, loads of apparent ITK's have been saying simular over the past month or so. It'll be bull.

In other news

No idea if she knows what shes talking about mind.

:thup: Aye, loads of apparent ITK's have been saying simular over the past month or so. It'll be bull.

In other news

Aye but have you seen her pic?

In other news

Aye but have you seen her pic?

Fucking hell its spreading :lol:

Sports Direct don't own NUFC though do they, it's MASH holdings and Ashley's personal wealth, how can this have any bearing on NUFC at all ?

Because someone from Sports Direct is using personal wealth to buy more shares in Sports Direct. (Is the way I read it anyway)

NPW

Sports Direct don't own NUFC though do they, it's MASH holdings and Ashley's personal wealth, how can this have any bearing on NUFC at all ?

Sports Direct own the rights to our merch store i'm fairly certain.

Sports Direct own the rights to our merch store i'm fairly certain.

I think it’s franchised out. Don’t we pay SD for the stock?

Because someone from Sports Direct is using personal wealth to buy more shares in Sports Direct. (Is the way I read it anyway)

NPW

That's not a buy back though, that's just him buying more shares.  A buy back is when the company repurchases shares.