Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I’m certain that exclusivity was mentioned before Christmas like.

Then the deal was off a fortnight ago when we started talks with others.

I’ve specifically looked for that term since this whole shitshow started and not seen it.

Yeah, I’ve just done some searching and it looks like the wording was along the lines of, “now that a bid had been received, the next logical step would be to grant a period of exclusivity.” I’m not entirely sure that period was ever granted now.

:thup:

I’ve specifically looked for that term since this whole shitshow started and not seen it.

You are right, Exclusivity has never been mentioned before and it is hugely important, but wouldn't it only come into consideration had the parties verbally agreed a fee ? And the Ashley camp are the ones stating there was either never a bid or only a bid that fell short of their valuation. Why give exclusivity to someone who hasn't met you price when others potentially could, would be ludicrous.

You are right, Exclusivity has never been mentioned before and it is hugely important, but wouldn't it only come into consideration had the parties verbally agreed a fee ? And the Ashley camp are the ones stating there was either never a bid or only a bid that fell short of their valuation. Why give exclusivity to someone who hasn't met you price when others potentially could, would be ludicrous.

Pretty much and that’s why exclusivity was always so important and I was eagle eyed for it.

And in one fell swoop Ashley, the fat, cretinous, utter wanker of a shit stain confirms what we all thought would probably happen. Greed, stupidity, arrogance and the ability to string people along for his own twisted amusement takes the fore for him again. I don't see the point in supporting this club while he owns it anymore, I mean it was stretched before but the hope that having Rafa in charge and 'something' might change kept it going. Words just don't describe how much I despise the odious scumbag that Ashley is.

Pretty much and that’s why exclusivity was always so important and I was eagle eyed for it.

Just mixing up due diligence IMO.

And in one fell swoop Ashley, the fat, cretinous, utter wanker of a shit stain confirms what we all thought would probably happen. Greed, stupidity, arrogance and the ability to string people along for his own twisted amusement takes the fore for him again. I don't see the point in supporting this club while he owns it anymore, I mean it was stretched before but the hope that having Rafa in charge and 'something' might change kept it going. Words just don't describe how much I despise the odious scumbag that Ashley is.

Tend to agree. I was basically switching off before Rafa came anyway, getting used to the idea of not being a serious fan anymore.

I'd love to know what time Ashley thinks he's wasted by the way. He's been on holiday and there's nobody else he's actively negotiating with.

The only possible argument you could make is time wasted in the transfer window due to uncertainty over the available funds, and I think we all know that's bollocks.

It just seems far too far-fetched to suggest we've all been played. I'm sure there's shenanigans of some description, but it can't all be a rouse; what would be the point, for any party?

My theory: PCP contacted the club about possible interest well before the mid October announcement putting the club up for sale officially. We know this to be true because Staveley had been at the Liverpool two weeks earlier, and in the statement there were references made to dilligence periods, so it's fair to assume something was brewing before Ashley showed his hand. I don't think it's therefore hard to imagine how Keith Bishop devised a plan to use the interest to Ashley's advantage regardless of him ever actually being prepared to sell. Let's face it, Ashley had absolutely nothing to lose by doing this. Either it would result in an offer too good to refuse or it would take the heat of him and allow him to get away with spending as little as possible in the January transfer window, which is exactly what seems to be happening. I.e. Amanda Staveley doesn't have to be actually "in" on it - she's probably getting played by Bishop and Ashley like we all are and have been for the past 10 years.

FWIW, I have serious doubts about PCP's takeover credentials now anyway. You would have to think by now, they would either have paid a bit more to get the deal done with or walked away. Why would they be pissed about by someone like Ashley if this is the way he thinks negotiations are done?

FWIW, I have serious doubts about PCP's takeover credentials now anyway. You would have to think by now, they would either have paid a bit more to get the deal done with or walked away. Why would they be pissed about by someone like Ashley if this is the way he thinks negotiations are done?

They won’t pay more because of the high possibility of relegation

According to Caulkin they made two offers:

- The first was meeting the asking price of £300m but was to be paid in instalments and had conditions (e.g relegation)

- The second was a take it or leave it £250m cash upfront.

Both reasonable given the circumstances.

FWIW, I have serious doubts about PCP's takeover credentials now anyway. You would have to think by now, they would either have paid a bit more to get the deal done with or walked away. Why would they be p*ssed about by someone like Ashley if this is the way he thinks negotiations are done?

For christ sake don't badmouth PCP on here you'll get lynched

We've seen Ashley be an unprofessional prick on numerous occasions before, fucking off people that were attempting to be professional with him. While I'm upset by this news it's not unexpected, I just feel despondent about supporting the club as a whole now, I mean what's the point? Let's face it, Rafa will be off the first chance he gets, we'll continue to hang around the bottom of the prem (if we're lucky), just so that fat heinous cunt can nab the tv money and get free advertising for his pikey rag shop.

I do wonder if this bid was ever serious, everyone on here could have told her 250m would never be enough yet thats (allegedly) the highest offer that was made?

Caulkin has just tweeted the asking price was met but included clauses and instalments

The clauses were perfectly understandable, instalments, not so much if true.

Ashley fucking offered installments didn't he? 100% that was reported when the sale shit went public.

To be honest there is nothing to suggest that they are pissed. If we are taking what the media are saying is true then she's devastated that Ashley thinks the deal is dead but she's still confident a deal could be true. Again though that is if we are taking what the people in the medians true, that applies not just on what she thinks of today's developments, but if Ashley has even said what SSN are saying he has. Again it all comes down to if anyone has any real information or not, lets not forget the fact that the day started with reports of the bid being upped to over £300m.

You wouldn’t pay the asking price on an £80,000 Bentley if you were told that it might break down in 6 months months and need substantial work. Even if you were filthy rich, you’d want assurances or a more reasonable price.

You wouldn’t pay the asking price on an £80,000 Bentley if you were told that it might break down in 6 months months and need substantial work. Even if you were filthy rich, you’d want assurances or a more reasonable price.

Yeah but Man City are really rich and they just pay anything to get what they want. Like Alexis Sanchez, for example.