Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

Either way, and this is f***ing sad I know, I’m not arsed because I’m pretty much done with NUFC, Rafa or no Rafa, takeover or no takeover, and indeed football. I just can’t be arsed to invest time, money, emotion, passion and whatever else into a club and sport that I no longer harbour any real feelings towards. It’s probably more me than anything else. For me unless I’m passionate about something I just can’t get into it enough to be bothered. My passion is my family, cars, my businesses and err, cooking, my new hobby :D I do love this forum though which is what keeps me f***ing ‘interested’ in NUFC. You set of c***s!

Bet you wish you never took your kid to that FA Cup game that made him fall in love with NUFC just over a week ago.

It was kind of me wanting to find out where I sit exactly with NUFC and football too as much as wanting to introduce the boys to it all. I’ll continue to take my boys if they want to go, but in the same way I take them to soft play, trampolining etc. A day of doing something. I would never not want them to not like football and enjoy NUFC even, because as a kid, it’s the best. It’s only when you become older and a bit bitter, a bit too intense and into it massively, can it warp you.

When I first got into football thanks to KK man, not much beats it. Even today as a 38 year old with knackered knees I love playing football, absolutely love it, I love watching it too, not in its current guise, but just watching a 5 aside match or a kids’ game where it’s all about the sheer fun and hell of it. You can’t beat it.

It’s kind of sad really because I fucking loved NUFC and got quite emotional taking the bairns to the match, every bloke’s dream and right of passage and all that shit. But... well Mike Ashley? Fucking... a player with 6 months on his contract at the centre of a 35m/250k a week tug of war? Fuck that.

Either way, and this is f***ing sad I know, I’m not arsed because I’m pretty much done with NUFC, Rafa or no Rafa, takeover or no takeover, and indeed football. I just can’t be arsed to invest time, money, emotion, passion and whatever else into a club and sport that I no longer harbour any real feelings towards. It’s probably more me than anything else. For me unless I’m passionate about something I just can’t get into it enough to be bothered. My passion is my family, cars, my businesses and err, cooking, my new hobby :D I do love this forum though which is what keeps me f***ing ‘interested’ in NUFC. You set of c***s!

Bet you wish you never took your kid to that FA Cup game that made him fall in love with NUFC just over a week ago.

It was kind of me wanting to find out where I sit exactly with NUFC and football too as much as wanting to introduce the boys to it all. I’ll continue to take my boys if they want to go, but in the same way I take them to soft play, trampolining etc. A day of doing something. I would never not want them to not like football and enjoy NUFC even, because as a kid, it’s the best. It’s only when you become older and a bit bitter, a bit too intense and into it massively, can it warp you.

When I first got into football thanks to KK man, not much beats it. Even today as a 38 year old with knackered knees I love playing football, absolutely love it, I love watching it too, not in its current guise, but just watching a 5 aside match or a kids’ game where it’s all about the sheer fun and hell of it. You can’t beat it.

It’s kind of sad really because I f***ing loved NUFC and got quite emotional taking the bairns to the match, every bloke’s dream and right of passage and all that s***. But... well Mike Ashley? f***ing... a player with 6 months on his contract at the centre of a 35m/250k a week tug of war? f*** that.

What an utter fanny.

Seriously if Amanda's bid is only 1. 300m with relegation clause and 2. 250m one-off bid, then I seriously doubt her real intention behind the take over.  To be more precise, this did sounds like what the fat cunt did 10 years ago: buying a sinking ship at a low fee, repair it and then try to decorate and sell on a high one.

Although I am very disappointed, I am not surprised. No way the fat cunt would sell the club at that price. I won't either if I am in his position.

Guest Howaythetoon

It just seems far too far-fetched to suggest we've all been played. I'm sure there's shenanigans of some description, but it can't all be a rouse; what would be the point, for any party?

My theory: PCP contacted the club about possible interest well before the mid October announcement putting the club up for sale officially. We know this to be true because Staveley had been at the Liverpool two weeks earlier, and in the statement there were references made to dilligence periods, so it's fair to assume something was brewing before Ashley showed his hand. I don't think it's therefore hard to imagine how Keith Bishop devised a plan to use the interest to Ashley's advantage regardless of him ever actually being prepared to sell. Let's face it, Ashley had absolutely nothing to lose by doing this. Either it would result in an offer too good to refuse or it would take the heat of him and allow him to get away with spending as little as possible in the January transfer window, which is exactly what seems to be happening. I.e. Amanda Staveley doesn't have to be actually "in" on it - she's probably getting played by Bishop and Ashley like we all are and have been for the past 10 years.

giphy.gif

In August he laid down his cards and pretty much told fans/watching world there would be a minimal spend. This will always be the case and has been as long as Ashley has been, is or will be the owner. I personally don’t think the takeover situation is his way of a ready made excuse regarding transfers as a) he doesn't give a fuck, b) has already said this is the way it is and c) this is the way it always has been.

He will get flack regardless if we don’t spend or spend so little. That for me actually helps my own opinion that he does want out because he cannot and will not, his own words, bank roll a spending spree. The longer he stays as owner he is faced with two choices to safeguard his inevestmemt and that’s spend or do the bare minimum. He will do the bare minimum just to survive, but even he knows that will not be enough. Not enough to fill the stadium week in week out, keep us up without fail and indeed keep Rafa so it’s kind of lose lose and counter productive.

If he stays and spends the bare minimum to keep us up all it does is stave off the inevitable which is losing Rafa, seeing crowds decrease and relegation. He cannot afford another relegation, but likewise he cannot afford to keep us going.

For him a sale has to happen. He just so happens to want x amount of money without any clauses or instalments despite him claiming he’d be happy to accept instalments. And in the meantime he doesn't want to spend anymore than the bare minimum to keep us going, in fact he doesn’t want to spend anything and as such we will only see loan deals incoming unless we sell players to finance outright buys.

The ball for me, is in the buyer’s court now. Ashley will sit on this believing Rafa with a few loan deals will keep us up. But does he dare go into another season with minimum spending? Doing so would see Rafa leave, fan unrest and his asset devalued more. The buyer may well wait until safety and be happy to pay the asking price based on that. They run the risk of the volatile MA changing his mind or others entering the fray.

I believe he would take 300m cash for the club tomorrow with no clauses and a compromise will be met based on that and that we will go for 300m. The best thing we can do is be safe by May which may be the optimum time for both parties to conclude a deal.

In the meantime fans will have to wait and no doubt have to read a tonne more of shit by so called people in the know within the media.

#wait

It just seems far too far-fetched to suggest we've all been played. I'm sure there's shenanigans of some description, but it can't all be a rouse; what would be the point, for any party?

My theory: PCP contacted the club about possible interest well before the mid October announcement putting the club up for sale officially. We know this to be true because Staveley had been at the Liverpool two weeks earlier, and in the statement there were references made to dilligence periods, so it's fair to assume something was brewing before Ashley showed his hand. I don't think it's therefore hard to imagine how Keith Bishop devised a plan to use the interest to Ashley's advantage regardless of him ever actually being prepared to sell. Let's face it, Ashley had absolutely nothing to lose by doing this. Either it would result in an offer too good to refuse or it would take the heat of him and allow him to get away with spending as little as possible in the January transfer window, which is exactly what seems to be happening. I.e. Amanda Staveley doesn't have to be actually "in" on it - she's probably getting played by Bishop and Ashley like we all are and have been for the past 10 years.

Who's letting Ashley get away with spending as little as possible due to the potential takeover like?, who are these people?  I'm not, I don't see anyone here who is apart from the occasional loon.  Also if this is the aim why has he ended it with 15 days of the transfer window remaining?  As a plan to allow him not to spend during this window its not only ridiculously over elaborate but incredibly pointless/ineffective.  It also ignores the fact that he really just doesn't give a fucking shit about what we think of him.

Who's letting Ashley get away with spending as little as possible due to the potential takeover like?, who are these people?  I'm not, I don't see anyone here who is apart from the occasional loon.  Also if this is the aim why has he ended it with 15 days of the transfer window remaining?  As a plan to allow him not to spend during this window its not only ridiculously over elaborate but incredibly pointless/ineffective.  It also ignores the fact that he really just doesn't give a f***ing s*** about what we think of him.

Media - most of the talk has been about takeover and it's 'impact' on this window.  If it wasn't happening all the focus would have been on Ashley/Rafa's lack of funds.

Who's letting Ashley get away with spending as little as possible due to the potential takeover like?, who are these people?  I'm not, I don't see anyone here who is apart from the occasional loon.  Also if this is the aim why has he ended it with 15 days of the transfer window remaining?  As a plan to allow him not to spend during this window its not only ridiculously over elaborate but incredibly pointless/ineffective.  It also ignores the fact that he really just doesn't give a f***ing s*** about what we think of him.

There hasn't been an anti-Ashley song of note in the past one and a half year, let alone any form of organised protest and as duo suggests above there has barely been any media scrutiny on his lack of investment recently. The club is in a status quo position as long as Rafa is here, and Ashley knows full well that he can't maintain the status quo by doing what he's always done as that will just see Rafa walk away and the club in likely freefall once more. As ever though he's trying to get away with doing the absolute bare minimum to keep things ticking over at the club.

As for Ashley not giving a f***ing s*** about what we think of him; I beg to differ, a lot. He's a bully who can't handle being bullied at all.

Guest Howaythetoon

Seriously, do people actually believe this is dead in the water and or that this is a conspiracy by Ashley regarding not spending or not really wanting to sell?

Seriously, do people actually believe this is dead in the water and or that this is a conspiracy by Ashley regarding not spending or not really wanting to sell?

This is the ultimatum that unless PCP meet his asking price, every thing will be run like the deal is dead, and more likely his asking price would change after his further "investments".

Guest Howaythetoon

Saying the deal's off removes his excuse of not investing. Like it matters anyway, with him :lol:

He got his excuses in back in August and it’s not like he doesn’t have previous...

I don’t believe the deal is dead but the gambler that Nuke Ashley is is playing a high risk game if PCP are the only game in town

Pissing off your only buyer or worse sending a message to any potential buyer that this is the Mong you’re dealing with

NUFC is little more to him that an advertising vehicle for his tat emporium, free advertising for 10years has seen what growth in SD?

He cares not a jot about us a club and less about the fans, our opinion doesn’t matter to him- he has one interest and one interest only....$$$$$$......the greedy fat c... will invest as little as possible in an attempt to stay in the PL....if he could buy 17th each season on the cheap he no doubt would

Conspiracy by Ashley to up the asking price that has left a deal with PCP dead in the water.

Basically the last offer on the table is still the one-off 250m bid.  Does people really think this is fair?  I understand the hatred towards the fat cunt but seriously you have to question Amanda's intention as well.

This is actually hilarious.  PCP have called Ashley’s bluff and he’s spat his dummy out big time.  I think he wrongly assumed that PCP were more desperate to buy than he was desperate to sell.  He expected to get a very generous price for the club and for it all to be done with minimal transfer outlay from himself either before Christmas or early in the new year, but obviously it hasn’t worked out that way.

PCP weren’t willing to fork out while there was a significant threat of relegation (mainly caused by Ashley not backing Rafa) and knew Ashley would have to spend in January to protect his investment, therefore it was easier for them to sit back and see what develops. 

My guess is that Ashley will probably sanction a reasonable amount of money for Rafa to strengthen the squad and PCP will be back with another bid if/when we’re safe from relegation.  Business is business, they won’t be bothered about Ashley’s snidey comments about them being time wasters if they really want the club, which i think they do. 

His comments absolutely stink of a spoilt, fat, little c*** who didn’t get his cake for once.  He knows he f***ed up and has responded the only way he knows how - by hoying his toys out the pram!

So basically i think the takeover will still happen.

Basically the last offer on the table is still the one-off 250m bid.  Does people really think this is fair?  I understand the hatred towards the fat cunt but seriously you have to question Amanda's intention as well.

If it wasn’t a fair offer (taking into consideration the clubs current chances of relegation) then why haven’t other bodders came in to offer the same if not more? Even Ashley’s made up 2nd bidder is waiting until the has garaunteed survival.

I think its time for Rafa to walk now and I think he will have our blessing and thanks.

He must have had enough of the fat Twats promises and lies.

Thanks for your time at Newcastle Rafa, you will always be remembered.

And now watch us fall into oblivion and watch Ashley's investment go down the toilet.

If this is the only way to get rid of him then so be it. :rant:

HTT, let’s say your we’re taking over a rival firm. Let’s say you have made a bid which you think is reasonable, but the owner of the other firm did what Ashley has done and publically denied that you have made and bid and said that dealing with you is a waste of time etc, would you still be willing to make a deal with them when there is a few other businesses that you could take over instead, or that taking over another business isn’t something that is essential?

Just been watching this on SSN for the first time. It sounds silly and may just because I have calmed down a bit since the news first broke, but what they say on there doesn’t sound as over as the tweets and articles have said.

Anyone agree?

Just my opinion  but did Ashley not put it on the market for àbout 400 million ? If 250 million is the bid . Then maybe he thinks that the bid was not serious  hence him saying they was no bid on the table

Business People trying to buy it will never work. Only way we ever get rid of him is if someone who's mad about Newcastle becomes a multi-billionaire. Or one of them out there develops some weird love for the club. Failing that, not likely. We need someone who doesn't care about "Value" to pay his price if we are to be free.

That comment on SSN just doesnt make sense. Never a deal on the table but there was curry night and even the club's or Fat Mike's lawyer talking to SSN themselves about how long the process would take? The comment has BS all over it.

If Ashley has rejected the 250m bid and PCP didn't come up another offer (which is kinda consistent with the story that the 250m bid is take it or leave it) then to Ashley there is no bid on the table.

As someone stated above, obviously the fat c*** wrongly think PCP is desperate to buy and play hardball on everything including transfer embargo and now finally realised he is pushing the club towards relegation and he is the only one who takes the loss, and thus quickly allowed Rafa to make 3 signings (amount unknown though) and then spat furiously through media.

Some interesting tweets by this guy, who seems quite well connected based on the people that follow him.

@mrmojorisin1975 If what I have been told is correct, it is not just/necessarily the current owner who is responsible for the impasse.

— Prof Simon Chadwick (@Prof_Chadwick) January 16, 2018

Wor mojo getting about :lol:

If the reports of the £300m bid are true then I reckon that's a fair enough price considering the danger we're in at the moment.  Like fuck would I accept a relegation clause if I was Ashley, though, the £300m already reflects a discounted price factoring in the possibility of relegation in his eyes.  He'd be assuming a big chunk of riskfor what would no longer be an asset he has an interest in, it's all downside for him.

He'd probably take £300m in installments without the relegation clause, hopefully there's still some way to get this done even if it means PCP taking on the relegation risk themselves.  Some decent results on the pitch might help too.