Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I despise the fat cunt more than most but can't help but think from his point of view he's done the right thing. Why should he accept £250 million if he thinks the club is valued at £350 million, especially when the rumored collective wealth of the group is 30 billion?

I think this is his way of giving them an ultimatum, I just fear he's pissed them off to the point of no return. Fingers crossed there's other interested groups out there.

I despise the fat c*** more than most but can't help but think from his point of view he's done the right thing. Why should he accept £250 million if he thinks the club is valued at £350 million, especially when the rumored collective wealth of the group is 30 billion?

I think this is his way of giving them an ultimatum, I just fear he's p*ssed them off to the point of no return. Fingers crossed there's other interested groups out there.

Because, due to Mike Ashley's lack of investment, we are looking reasonably likely for relegation, which would hugely wipe the value of the club. Also, rumoured wealth of 30 billion? Where has that come from?

How much are we still in debt to Ashley?

£18m loan from last season. We have £49m guaranteed income at the end of the season, £24m of that will be banked right now. If Ashley uses that £24m to pay off that loan, that leaves £6m. Which is probably Rafa's transfer budget.

Unsure about the earlier larger interest free loans.

There's a tiny slither of hope it's brinkmanship with all these different account of events coming out. I'm in denial that the scumbag is here forever.

It’s not denial, the scumbag is here forever.

Nope, he's got a price, and it's not up for negotiation.

Unfortunately the price in his head will forever be about 50mil more than any whatever anyone bids.

Why should he accept £250 million if he thinks the club is valued at £350 million

It's seen said a million times but its because the value is likely to drop massively due to the way he's running it.

It'll not be worth £ 350 million in the Championship.

Again, been said a million times, but this could likely be his best chance to make a profit on it because I cannot see anyone of any quality coming in for a long, long time. Rafa was a miracle. I cannot see it happening again.

take out Jamal, our squad is barely worth £30. on top of that we are favourites for relegation.

who in their right mind would risk even £250m on the club, especially after the transfer window.

the club is worth nothing near that unless we stay up. if we do escape relegation, i'm sure ashley will hike up his price to over £400 in the summer.

I don't think the wealth of the buyer is relevant at all, you might as well say Ashley should sell cheap because he's rich as fuck. Both are business people who will try to get the most advantageous deal they can.

It's clear that Ashley isn't a motivated seller in the sense that he wants out and will take a reduced price. I guess mainly because his ego/arrogance is more important than anything else to him, and he'd rather take a loss on relegation than be outdone by someone in a business deal.

take out Jamal, our squad is barely worth £30. on top of that we are favourites for relegation.

who in their right mind would risk even £250m on the club, especially after the transfer window.

the club is worth nothing near that unless we stay up. if we do escape relegation, i'm sure ashley will hike up his price to over £400 in the summer.

We're nowhere near favourites for relegation are we?

Guest neesy111

I'd say after failing to sell the club for the 3rd time, he as always is asking for too much money.  NUFC's reputation and brand has been smashed during his tenure which has vastly reduced the earning potential of the club, never mind the lack of assets on the pitch.

I'd say after failing to sell the club for the 3rd time, he as always is asking for too much money.  NUFC's reputation and brand has been smashed during his tenure which has vastly reduced the earning potential of the club, never mind the lack of assets on the pitch.

Explaining that to an objective observer is one thing, try selling it to Mike.

Have you seen the table? We are in the mix along with several teams who you can see trying to strengthen their squad. Will we?

Given what we know of how Ashley operates, it seems reasonable to assume he's playing a game of brinkmanship and is happy to walk away and risk relegation if he doesn't get a great deal. He's done the same with countless transfer windows, and even two relegations don't seem to have taught him anything. Both times the club bounced back and he probably thinks we can just do it again.

It's a risky investment for a buyer. Whoever takes over has the imminent threat of relegation and will have to reverse a decade of under-investment in facilities and players. Is Ashley factoring that into the price? I doubt it. He's getting global free TV advertising of his main business - he knows he's got a good thing going. If we stay up, he'll probably raise the asking price.

Have you seen the table? We are in the mix along with several teams who you can see trying to strengthen their squad. Will we?

I know all that, but we're not favourites.

Seems these lot called it from the off:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/sport/newcastle-uniteds-no-sale-always-cards-heres/17/01/

"It is an eventuality we predicted back in November, when a source close to the club told us that ownership speculation would simply serve to prevent Ashley having to put his hand in his pocket."

He will have to spend though. And if he does it on the cheap its goodnight.

He must know poor investment in the squad is a massive risk.

We will go down in my opinion, bit thats if he disregards what matters.

Its all on him.

we have the poorest squad - and the others around us will be trying to strengthen.

remember we need THREE teams to be worse than us for us to escape relegation.

think us and swansea are nailed on.

Guest firetotheworks

We have zero debt to Mike Ashley. The cunt has been advertising his grubby little shop without paying a penny for the last ten years for a start.

We have the poorest squad in the league. Only Swansea's is probably worse. Only a select few clubs have better managers than us.

We'll stay up. Just.

I think we will too. What we lack in quality we make in for with a positive team mentality & the right manager to guide them. Those two factors are more important than individual players imo. As we have first hand experience of, good players don't keep you up single-handedly, you need a team, we have that now more than in years gone by.

Explaining that to an objective observer is one thing, try selling it to Mike.

:thup: every seller is entitled to set their price and wait, but the fact he's gone on record to say he wants out and will sell, sets an aspirational price, fails to get more than 1 bid in within his timeline and then throws a fit when it doesn't go his way is absolutely mental. I'm fucking sick of trying to explain this to people.

YES the potential of this club is that it could be valued well north of 300m, but today's position in the table and the state of the club's facilities are a direct result of the poor ownership of Mike Ashley over 10 years coupled with the lack of parties interested surely is common fucking sense that he's overvalued the club.

A lot of people seem convinced that Ashley's comments will have put Staveley and her backers off.  This is a £300m business deal, not some chump buying a bike off ebay.

Most of the deal would be done through solicitors anyway so they're not going to sit over the table and tell each other about their hurt feelings. More importantly, if an investor with multiple £billions behind them really wants to buy something, they wouldn't give a shit what the incumbent owner says about them. It's not the playing school playground!