Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

look like you I wouldn't believe some random daft fucker on a forum but just wanted to pass on what I was told. To be honest I knew I would get grief but I also knew that I would like to hear things that kept my hope that one day the Fat Controller would leave our club and we will back up where I believe we belong.

Can't imagine she'd have been at the training ground and no one's noticed.

Saying that, the state of some of our journalists they wouldn't know if she came along and patted them on the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing is with our local press they have admitted on Twitter (well Douglas has) about holding things back because they have been asked too. They are desperate to have a link to the club like they had during the Shepherd and Hall era. They could know and have been asked not to say anything.

He has honestly heard this at the training ground. Last thing he told me was that Staveley was at the ground and that was the night before it all came out that she had visited St James park for talks (it was a Tuesday and some London paper ran the Story the next day) so I am holding out hope. If she has been at the ground etc, and it is a big if as it is third hand info,  then she has taken more interest in the club the last 3 weeks than Ashley has in 10 years and that can only be a huge positive.

Can you post up screenshots of your tweets? Not doubting you but as far as I can remember the first mention of Staveley was on the sunday we played Liverpool? Where has this Tuesday thing come from?

Also where has Douglas mentioned holding things back? A t the end of the day I can see them doing so if they've been asked to but haven't seen Douglas mention this anywhere.

That's what I thought surely if she was there on a regular basis then the journalists would pick it up. Not sure but he has told me stuff before that turned out true so just got my fingers crossed. I think she lives in Ripon as well so not that far away.

She was born in Ripon. Don't think she lives there like.

Who's window have I been staring through for the last 3 weeks then  :kasper: :whistle:

I think that's bollocks. Why would she be at the training ground of all places? If she was, how come nobody else is saying anything? It would be public knowledge and she'd have been spotted around Newcastle too.

she obviously dresses up as Peter Beardsley.

Probably a better coach on balance of probability too.

Just noticed this in the latest issue of True Faith:

"We already know the lease on the land at Strawberry Place, previously bought with the club by Ashley has now been snaffled by him for his own benefits. If the new owners are what we hope them to be and which they are rumoured then SJP will have to be extended and the Gallowgate is the only option. Tread carefully with this one Amanda. We know the Staveley side has looked deeply into this."

Still trying not to get my hopes up about this all, but just imagining an extended St James' without the Sports Direct branding is a nice change from normality.

St James without Sports Direct in every corner, would make the place look 100% better. Its just eye cancer at the moment.

The electric Sports Direct hoardings were black & white against Bournemouth, had never noticed that before. Even that would have been something if he'd done it from day one. The red & blue just looks tacky as fuck.

St James without Sports Direct in every corner, would make the place look 100% better. Its just eye cancer at the moment.

The electric Sports Direct hoardings were black & white against Bournemouth, had never noticed that before. Even that would have been something if he'd done it from day one. The red & blue just looks tacky as fuck.

I noticed that as well and thought it was a bit strange. Can't wait for the day it's all gone, especially the big fucking ones he's got next to the clubs name.

Was there for a couple of games at the rugby World Cup last year, and it looked so much better without all the SD shite. Hopefully gone forever very soon.

The electric Sports Direct hoardings were black & white against Bournemouth, had never noticed that before.

Even that would have been something if he'd done it from day one. The red & blue just looks tacky as f***.

I've always thought this.  Obviously a logo and colours are quite important to a company but i think it would've been a reasonable compromise to the crude way he decided to do it.  Even just some black and white signs would've been a lot less antagonistic, which is probably why he's never done it until now.

"We already know the lease on the land at Strawberry Place, previously bought with the club by Ashley has now been snaffled by him for his own benefits. If the new owners are what we hope them to be and which they are rumoured then SJP will have to be extended and the Gallowgate is the only option. Tread carefully with this one Amanda. We know the Staveley side has looked deeply into this."

Still trying not to get my hopes up about this all, but just imagining an extended St James' without the Sports Direct branding is a nice change from normality.

They really need to get that land as well as part of the deal.

They really need to get that land as well as part of the deal.

Ashley's plans (for Strawberry Place) is the tank parked on the lawn of an owner with ambitious plans.

Guest neesy111

Pretty sure it's been shown it can be extended without that land

Yeap, the main hurdle which will make it completely unfeasible is that cost of it will likely to be £50m+ which for another 8k-9k seats makes no commercial sense unless we jack ticket prices up and demand outstrips supply.

Yeap, the main hurdle which will make it completely unfeasible is that cost of it will likely to be £50m+ which for another 8k-9k seats makes no commercial sense unless we jack ticket prices up and demand outstrips supply.

Yeah exactly

Structurally yeah. Gaining the green light to proceed (when it's possible/likely that it would obstruct the natural light of any high density, residential/student blocks) after Ashley has erected his residential towers might be an obstacle though.

Shepherd's plan, to include the Gallowgate extension as part of an overall project to create an entertainment precinct (ie. the hotel complex etc) was probably more feasible.

The latest Etihad expansion had a cost of about £50m for about 7k new seats, the club mentioned that it would take almost ten years to recover the money but after that it was all profit. It did of course mean that there was extra space for corporate hospitality though..

Guest neesy111

The latest Etihad expansion had a cost of about £50m for about 7k new seats, the club mentioned that it would take almost ten years to recover the money but after that it was all profit. It did of course mean that there was extra space for corporate hospitality though..

There's no guarantee we would be able to sell another 8 to 9 thousand extra seats.

There's no guarantee we would be able to sell another 8 to 9 thousand extra seats.

It's all hypothetical, but I want an owner who wants to keep open the possibility, not kill it dead like Ashley has done.