Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i mean this sounds ridiculous like but i'd be fucking gutted if we were bought by the saudi's man :lol:

It is like, I mean if Ashley could get away with murder he would, only difference between the two is Ashley's a stingy small time scruff.

howay man, the house of saud has done slightly more than just "get away with murder" :lol:

Most people will not care who takes us over if they came in poured money in and made us successful.

It will be a choice of a morally corrupt institution or Mike Ashley.

No-one will be taking us over for the good of us or the club. They will rack the prices up and debts up Glazers style.

the question will be are you prepared to pay the price of success?

NUFC fans being picky now over who runs the club  :lol: :lol:

I was thinking that.  Personally i couldn’t give a fuck if they took the club forward. As someone already pointed out, most owners are vile so we might aswell have a vile one that wants to win some trophies.

Yes they all are bombing kids in Yemen. It’s not being picky ffs. It’s a false dichotomy anyway, they’ll be others who aren’t killers

I was thinking that.  Personally i couldn’t give a fuck if they took the club forward. As someone already pointed out, most owners are vile so we might aswell have a vile one that wants to win some trophies.

Yes they all are bombing kids in Yemen. It’s not being picky ffs.

No, but you’d be naive to not think that almost everyone with that kind of money doesn’t benefit from innocent people’s deaths somewhere along the line. 

No, but you’d be naive to not think that almost everyone with that kind of money doesn’t benefit from innocent people’s deaths somewhere along the line.

I guess, with trickle down economics, we're all culpable. Oh that's such a weight off my shoulders.

Not the 1st stop on the line I’ll bet.

Guest firetotheworks

What's funny like Chuckles? Us wanting Ashley out is pickiness by that measure then. 

Is it that much better if they (probably knowingly) indirectly make millions from things like slave labour, human trafficking, the drug trade, deliberately neglectful unsafe working conditions, child sex trade etc?  I’m not sure it is.

The likes of the Saudis wouldn’t be anywhere near my first choice, but people saying they’d go and support another club n that? Howay man  :lol:  I wish them luck in finding a club as good as ours who’s billionaire owner made his fortune from recycling and saving dying puppies in North Korea.

Guest firetotheworks

That's a very sweeping, baseless kop out like. :lol: No one's going to be perfect, but that doesn't mean that they're all benefiting from death or that they're all doing things as barbaric as the Saudis.

Is it that much better if they (probably knowingly) indirectly make millions from things like slave labour, human trafficking, the drug trade, deliberately neglectful unsafe working conditions, child sex trade etc?  I’m not sure it is.

The likes of the Saudis wouldn’t be anywhere near my first choice, but people saying they’d go and support another club n that? Howay man  :lol:  I wish them luck in finding a club as good as ours who’s billionaire owner made his fortune from recycling and saving dying puppies in North Korea.

Ignoring your ridiculous last sentence, you’re fine lumping all billionaires in with the likes of the Saudis? There’s a spectrum of tolerable ethics like. I won’t support other clubs, but fuck me it’ll have me questioning my love for the game. Eroded as it is.

Ignoring your ridiculous last sentence, you’re fine lumping all billionaires in with the likes of the Saudis? There’s a spectrum of tolerable ethics like. I won’t support other clubs, but fuck me it’ll have me questioning my love for the game. Eroded as it is.

Read my first reply to you, i’m not lumping everyone in with the Saudis.  Just pointing out that these kind of people are ruthless in different ways but they all have the same goal - more money.

Guest firetotheworks

Read my first reply to you, i’m not lumping everyone in with the Saudis.  Just pointing out that these kind of people are ruthless in different ways but they all have the same goal - more money.

Big difference between not paying tax, for example, and murder though. That's the distinction, not whether they do or don't want to make more money.

I mentioned this a while back in the politics thread, but it certainly makes you realise how people are able to vote for terrible things if there's even the slightest vested interest. Look at this situation, it's over something as small as football and there are people overlooking or underplaying  the reprehensible shit that the Saudis have done for even the chance of getting what they want. It makes things like the American south voting for Trump seem all the more obvious, people are desperate and therefore easier to manipulate.

I wouldn't support another team like, because that's a mad conclusion to jump to imo, but I'd be the same as I am now with it really, not funding them and wanting them gone.