Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With regards to new ownership, I see posts here wondering if ashley is dead yet, strongly wishing for his death etc.

What would actually happen to the club in the event that this is the way he leaves Newcastle?

He's probably written it into his will to leave it to Dennis Wise or someone equally detestable, if there is anyone that detestable.

25% will be granted to Pardew, on completing a brand new 8 year contract as our new manager.

25% will be granted to Kinnear, for taking on a lifelong position as DOF.

25% will be granted to Bishop, for keeping the fake news rolling.

25% will be granted to Wise, for taking on a lifelong position as Chief (YT) Scout.

1. Leak some news about some takeover interest but this time, let’s pick some truly diabolical people.

2. Sit back and let the planted seed grow.

3. Actually observe Newcastle supporters comment that Ashley isn’t the worst.

I bet Keith Bishop is reading this thread right now and laughing away like some master troll.

There is no Saudi interest.

Let’s stop being played like a fucking orchestra and get back to the job at hand.

1. Leak some news about some takeover interest but this time, let’s pick some truly diabolical people.

I bet Keith Bishop is reading this thread right now and laughing away like some master troll.

Let’s stop being played like a fucking orchestra and get back to the job at hand.

It was on the beeb this morning about them being interested in a premier club, man united were cited. I doubt bishop is that calculated tbh :lol: He couldn’t play a record.

Let’s stop being played like a f***ing orchestra and get back to the job at hand.

It was on the beeb this morning about them being interested in a premier club, man united were cited. I doubt bishop is that calculated tbh :lol: He couldn’t play a record.

I believe the original tweet that started this was to deny that Osama Bin Salami has an interest in buying Man Utd.

But to suggest that some Saudi investment group were looking at us.

Total bollocks.

Guest firetotheworks

There's a whole heap of stuff that could be aimed at the Man City owners too but, at this point, I just want to enjoy my football team again and I'd take the moral dilemma to see us with an Aguero up front rather than a Joselu......

I wonder how many Chelsea fans would trade their Abromovich days for what went before given his very dubious links? Not many I'd guess.

Everyone has their own line. Some might not like dubious links, others may not like the Man City owners, for stronger reasons but others will be more willing to overlook it. My line would be the Saudis, absolutely no doubt in my mind. You're talking about overlooking mass murder for a football team.

They are important trade partners for Britain all the same, if our govt is prepared to overlook mass murder, human rights etc, seems a bit self defeating for us to pull the drawbridge up. We are aiding and abetting that regime whether we like it or not regardless of whether they pump money into our football team. I'd take their money at this point, might as well have a successful football club if we're going to be side by side with evil regimes.

There's no we in that at all, we have no choice whatsoever about paying taxes to a government that funds the Saudis, we do have the choice about whether we directly fund it through a football club.

There's a whole heap of stuff that could be aimed at the Man City owners too but, at this point, I just want to enjoy my football team again and I'd take the moral dilemma to see us with an Aguero up front rather than a Joselu......

I wonder how many Chelsea fans would trade their Abromovich days for what went before given his very dubious links? Not many I'd guess.

Everyone has their own line. Some might not like dubious links, others may not like the Man City owners, for stronger reasons but others will be more willing to overlook it. My line would be the Saudis, absolutely no doubt in my mind. You're talking about overlooking mass murder for a football team.

They are important trade partners for Britain all the same, if our govt is prepared to overlook mass murder, human rights etc, seems a bit self defeating for us to pull the drawbridge up. We are aiding and abetting that regime whether we like it or not regardless of whether they pump money into our football team. I'd take their money at this point, might as well have a successful football club if we're going to be side by side with evil regimes.

There's no we in that at all, we have no choice whatsoever about paying taxes to a government that funds the Saudis, we do have the choice about whether we directly fund it through a football club.

You could choose not to vote, or vote for a party which refuses to deal with the Saudi govt. I'm sure there would be plenty of supporters who would refuse to go to the football matches if we got bought out by the Saudis, equally there would be plenty who would jump on the bandwagon if we started buying the best players in the world a la City. It will be an individual choice at the end of the day. I would think Chelsea supporters would be conflicted with the Abramovic ownership as well to some degree, but my guess would be a very large section of them would still consider him a hero regardless of his history.

Guest firetotheworks

You could choose not to vote, or vote for a party which refuses to deal with the Saudi govt. I'm sure there would be plenty of supporters who would refuse to go to the football matches if we got bought out by the Saudis, equally there would be plenty who would jump on the bandwagon if we started buying the best players in the world a la City. It will be an individual choice at the end of the day. I would think Chelsea supporters would be conflicted with the Abramovic ownership as well to some degree, but my guess would be a very large section of them would still consider him a hero regardless of his history.

I did. I hardly voted for the fucking Tories, did I? :lol:

You've basically said that everyone has their own line, there. That was the original point I made.

I dont want the saudi's but is that fuck going to get me to pipe down and accept Ashley. If we get someone else bad, so be it, I'll keep up the effort of not paying them and trying to make it difficult. "Careful what you wish for" is what they told us with Pardew. We now have Rafa. Fight until we have someone worthy, dont stop because someone out there might be worse than Ashley.

Yeah, no one thinks that is a good idea

Was mostly because I'd seen Douglas tweeting to someone saying it telling them they were making a good point.

All the journalists I've heard on things like the TF podcast and the live talk-ins seem to think Bishop is a bit of a joke amongst the press, and that he doesn't influence much at all.

The Joe Kinnear of the PR business I heard.

I did. I hardly voted for the fucking Tories, did I? :lol:

You've basically said that everyone has their own line, there. That was the original point I made.

The only choice would be to not vote at all. That takes all power away from them. A bit like a 52,000 boycott it will never happen. Regardless of party politics the Saudis exist and behave as they do because they have an approval rating from powerful people in various govts who are happy for them to do the things they cannot.

And as to Darth Crooks comment a couple of pages back regarding bombing children... anyone who lobs a bomb anywhere risks killing kids. The UK and US govts are masters at it. Collateral damage even has acceptable limits in politic-speak. Let's not demonise the Saudis to the exclusion of every other country when they're all the same but for platitudes, media spin and personal perspective.

Guest reefatoon

See Schroders have tweeted about their engagement with Sports Direct. Seems they are responding to all the anti Ashley stuff they have been receiving recently. Cracking work to all involved.

Not that they are remotely interested in NUFC but they deserve demonising. As far as I know, our royal family or government aren’t interested in buying a football club. Two wrongs and all that.

They do deserve demonising, but only if we apply those same standards to everyone and admit our own Govt has done some pretty shady shit and will do again at every opportunity it suits them.

As you say, let's focus on Ashley.