Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NUFC fans being picky now over who runs the club  :lol: :lol:

I was thinking that.  Personally i couldn’t give a fuck if they took the club forward. As someone already pointed out, most owners are vile so we might aswell have a vile one that wants to win some trophies.

Yes they all are bombing kids in Yemen. It’s not being picky ffs.

No, but you’d be naive to not think that almost everyone with that kind of money doesn’t benefit from innocent people’s deaths somewhere along the line. 

I was thinking that.  Personally i couldn’t give a fuck if they took the club forward. As someone already pointed out, most owners are vile so we might aswell have a vile one that wants to win some trophies.

No, but you’d be naive to not think that almost everyone with that kind of money doesn’t benefit from innocent people’s deaths somewhere along the line. 

Not the 1st stop on the line I’ll bet.

Is it that much better if they (probably knowingly) indirectly make millions from things like slave labour, human trafficking, the drug trade, deliberately neglectful unsafe working conditions, child sex trade etc?  I’m not sure it is.

The likes of the Saudis wouldn’t be anywhere near my first choice, but people saying they’d go and support another club n that? Howay man  :lol:  I wish them luck in finding a club as good as ours who’s billionaire owner made his fortune from recycling and saving dying puppies in North Korea.

Ignoring your ridiculous last sentence, you’re fine lumping all billionaires in with the likes of the Saudis? There’s a spectrum of tolerable ethics like. I won’t support other clubs, but fuck me it’ll have me questioning my love for the game. Eroded as it is.

Read my first reply to you, i’m not lumping everyone in with the Saudis.  Just pointing out that these kind of people are ruthless in different ways but they all have the same goal - more money.

Big difference between not paying tax, for example, and murder though. That's the distinction, not whether they do or don't want to make more money.

There’s a big difference because you deliberately picked one of the least offensive/morally wrong examples though.  Some of the other examples i mentioned are almost or just as bad. 

Guest neesy111

Honestly anyone trying to defend us being taken over by the Saudi's in charge instead of Ashley really should take a long look a themselves.

What ashley is doing us is relatively nothing, compared to what that regime does in terms of human rights, womens rights, state sponsored terrorism etc.

Guest firetotheworks

Is it that much better if they (probably knowingly) indirectly make millions from things like slave labour, human trafficking, the drug trade, deliberately neglectful unsafe working conditions, child sex trade etc?  I’m not sure it is.

The likes of the Saudis wouldn’t be anywhere near my first choice, but people saying they’d go and support another club n that? Howay man  :lol:  I wish them luck in finding a club as good as ours who’s billionaire owner made his fortune from recycling and saving dying puppies in North Korea.

Ignoring your ridiculous last sentence, you’re fine lumping all billionaires in with the likes of the Saudis? There’s a spectrum of tolerable ethics like. I won’t support other clubs, but fuck me it’ll have me questioning my love for the game. Eroded as it is.

Read my first reply to you, i’m not lumping everyone in with the Saudis.  Just pointing out that these kind of people are ruthless in different ways but they all have the same goal - more money.

Big difference between not paying tax, for example, and murder though. That's the distinction, not whether they do or don't want to make more money.

There’s a big difference because you deliberately picked one of the least offensive/morally wrong examples though.  Some of the other examples i mentioned are almost or just as bad. 

Such as?

And it was to make the point that it's not about money, it's obviously a lot easier to make that point by choosing the two examples at opposite ends of the scale.

The list of sins against Ashley are absolutely nothing in comparison to the Saudis man, howeh.

Such as?

The list of sins against Ashley are absolutely nothing in comparison to the Saudis man, howeh.

Not sure if you’re confusing me with another poster but you seem to think i’m comparing Ashley to the Saudis?  I’ve never done that if you read my posts, i haven’t even mentioned Ashley’s name.  My original comments were saying that a lot of billionaires benefit from innocent people’s deaths, the Saudi’s wouldn’t be the first Premier League owners to fall into that category.

One thing I despise about the media is when they say he runs the club like a business.

No, He runs SD like a business. There's not free promotion of Newcastle United at SD.

He runs Newcastle United as a marketing tool for his wealth generating business - Sports Direct. He doesn't go out looking for the biggest best deals for the club. Arsenal is run like a business. Manchester United is run like a business.

This is just meant to generate enough revenue to survive to do its primary job of marketing. While keeping costs low.

Guest firetotheworks

Such as?

Not sure if you’re confusing me with another poster but you seem to think i’m comparing Ashley to the Saudis?  I’ve never done that if you read my posts, i haven’t even mentioned Ashley’s name.  My original comments were saying that a lot of billionaires benefit from innocent people’s deaths, the Saudi’s wouldn’t be the first Premier League owners to fall into that category.

Eh? So you don't still believe this -

We definitely can't compare Ashley to the Saudi's, because Ashley has limits on his actions.  What kind of shit would he be prepared to do if he didn't though?, anyone's guess.  He's already happy to enslave children in countries were he can get away with it.  Or actively torment tens of thousands of people by deliberately destroying something they love simply because some of them called him fat.

There's a whole heap of stuff that could be aimed at the Man City owners too but, at this point, I just want to enjoy my football team again and I'd take the moral dilemma to see us with an Aguero up front rather than a Joselu......

I wonder how many Chelsea fans would trade their Abromovich days for what went before given his very dubious links? Not many I'd guess.

What's funny like Chuckles? Us wanting Ashley out is pickiness by that measure then. 

Calm down cheesecake and put yourself back in that monstrous coffin thing you bought.  It was a joke.  The chances of us being bought by the Saud's is minimal when they are apparently sniffing about clubs like Man Utd.  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

There's a whole heap of stuff that could be aimed at the Man City owners too but, at this point, I just want to enjoy my football team again and I'd take the moral dilemma to see us with an Aguero up front rather than a Joselu......

I wonder how many Chelsea fans would trade their Abromovich days for what went before given his very dubious links? Not many I'd guess.

Everyone has their own line. Some might not like dubious links, others may not like the Man City owners, for stronger reasons but others will be more willing to overlook it. My line would be the Saudis, absolutely no doubt in my mind. You're talking about overlooking mass murder for a football team.

It’s not a race to the bottom though just as much as it’s not a moral SJW crusade.

Guest firetotheworks

What's funny like Chuckles? Us wanting Ashley out is pickiness by that measure then. 

Calm down cheesecake and put yourself back in that monstrous coffin thing you bought.  It was a joke.  The chances of us being bought by the Saud's is minimal when they are apparently sniffing about clubs like Man Utd.  :lol:

Calm down? I was asking a question. What you said still has nothing to do with who else they're looking at, you were on about being picky.

We definitely can't compare Ashley to the Saudi's, because Ashley has limits on his actions.  What kind of shit would he be prepared to do if he didn't though?, anyone's guess.  He's already happy to enslave children in countries were he can get away with it.

Look, I hate Ashley but this is facile. There is nothing to suggest he would want to carpet bomb countries or murder people, you can't work on hypotheticals like that. The fact is he hasn't , and hasn't expressed any desire to do so.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6BsnhhvZ9KY/UWCpt47lahI/AAAAAAAACQw/xNUZZkj4kd8/s1600/tumblr_meq97dnp2Z1rne776o1_400.gif

ASHLEYITE!

I dont want the saudi's but is that fuck going to get me to pipe down and accept Ashley. If we get someone else bad, so be it, I'll keep up the effort of not paying them and trying to make it difficult. "Careful what you wish for" is what they told us with Pardew. We now have Rafa. Fight until we have someone worthy, dont stop because someone out there might be worse than Ashley.

Everyone has their own line. Some might not like dubious links, others may not like the Man City owners, for stronger reasons but others will be more willing to overlook it. My line would be the Saudis, absolutely no doubt in my mind. You're talking about overlooking mass murder for a football team.

:thup: Think you nailed it in the first sentence. Can't argue with that.

As I said earlier, a vote in here would be interesting just to see where the majority would stand on the issue.

With regards to new ownership, I see posts here wondering if ashley is dead yet, strongly wishing for his death etc.

What would actually happen to the club in the event that this is the way he leaves Newcastle?

With regards to new ownership, I see posts here wondering if ashley is dead yet, strongly wishing for his death etc.

What would actually happen to the club in the event that this is the way he leaves Newcastle?

He’s no doubt bequeathed the club in his will to the city of Sunderland as one final fuck you.

He's probably written it into his will to leave it to Dennis Wise or someone equally detestable, if there is anyone that detestable.

They are important trade partners for Britain all the same, if our govt is prepared to overlook mass murder, human rights etc, seems a bit self defeating for us to pull the drawbridge up. We are aiding and abetting that regime whether we like it or not regardless of whether they pump money into our football team. I'd take their money at this point, might as well have a successful football club if we're going to be side by side with evil regimes.