Newcastle United vs. AFC Bournemouth - 04/11/17 @ 3pm

HaydnNUFC

How/why would Joselu be in the #10 role? ???

It can only be Gayle off Joselu IMO.

Will be surprised if it is not Joselu in Perez’s role. He’ll cover the ground well and harry, hold the ball-up (hopefully when indicated) and play through to Gayle or off to Midfield joining. Also a more useful presence for dead ball kicks.

Joselu looks fairly decent technically (for our squad anyway) and seems willing to work hard. He'll obviously be shite there but due to lack of options I'm assuming he'd be expected to just do what Perez has done only be better in possession. Gayle could probably do that too like, but I'd much prefer him trying to get in behind.

Joselu looks fairly decent technically (for our squad anyway) and seems willing to work hard. He'll obviously be s**** there but due to lack of options I'm assuming he'd be expected to just do what Perez has done only be better in possession. Gayle could probably do that too like, but I'd much prefer him trying to get in behind.

From what i have seen of Gayle i really doubt he could tbh, he should be touching the ball outside the box as little as humanly possible.

4-5-1 without the ball. 4-4-2 with.

The system won’t have changed much. He trusts his back line now so this is probably the perfect game to bring more positivity in..

Hate making predictions but I think we’ll be ok today.. like West Ham, 3-0

Wonder how this will pan out for Ritchie? Extra special (Townsend-like) performance against former team? Or well marshalled as they know his strengths and weaknesses so well? Hope it’s the former as we won’t play well if he isn’t influential.

Wonder how this will pan out for Ritchie? Extra special (Townsend-like) performance against former team? Or well marshalled as they know his strengths and weaknesses so well? If it’s the former as we won’t play well if he isn’t influential.

Interesting, I hadn't thought about the fact this is Ritchie's first game since leaving them... seems like the type of character to get well up for it. He's radge as out.