Manchester United 4-1 Newcastle United - 18/11/2017 - post match wallowing p26

Disco

Guest Howaythetoon

Think its time for Ritchie to stop being an ever present now.

Yep! He did nothing yesterday of any note. I like him, he's been a good player for us and has never let us down, but he's limited and is one player I'd like us to upgrade on. He'd be a good player from the bench for us.

The BBC are calling it a thrashing, which on paper it is, but the scoreline flatters them. They were fortunate to go in ahead at half time, but it's true that at 3-1 we never really looked like staging a fightback. Ultimately the goal right on half time killed us and we were beaten by a more clinical team with better forwards.

The game emphasised what we already know: Manquillo was targeted all game, Lascelles proved a big miss against a team willing to put constant high balls into the box, and we didn't have the strikers to punish a dodgy Man Utd defence.

On a more positive note, I think Rafa has accepted that none of our forwards are good enough to play the lone front role, and that we'll probably need to score more goals than we are to avoid relegation. It's better to win 1 and lose 1 than to draw 2, so it's better to have a go more often than not. Maybe he could have parked the bus, but with some better finishing on our side, this game could have gone very differently. It was always going to be a huge ask. I hope he sticks with the 4-4-2 for Watford and West Brom.

Guest Howaythetoon

It was the least thrashing we've had of all their thrashings of us, that's all I'll say about that.

The key for me and what fills me with pride is that we went there to win, we attacked them. We just couldn't hold out.

Its sad mind that I feel pride that we went to OT to try and win or at least compete.

Guest firetotheworks

Dropping Ritchie. [emoji38] There's been so much shit posted since yesterday's match like. Honestly don't know what some people expect or whether they realise the alternatives.

Match aside, my hatred of Man Utd has returned and came back with vengeance.

A ground full of tourists, be them from the Far East or even armchair fans from the UK. Massive queues to get into their club store, portable urinals outside of people’s home where people can have an audience whilst pissing. A seller every 10 yards selling half and half scarfs. Inside the ground (which looks shabby in most parts) no one chants, or cheers. The only noise they made was when they scored and a couple of big name substitutes came on.

Calling Man Utd a football club is like saying Sea World is an ocean. It’s a tourist attraction using football as a mask. I hope one day we can go there and stuff them and send all their ‘fans’ home disappointed that they never won their once in a lifetime matchday experience.

A ground full of tourists, be them from the Far East or even armchair fans from the UK. Massive question to get into their club store, portable urinals outside of people’s home where people can have an audience whilst pissing. A seller every 10 yards selling half and half scarfs. Inside the ground (which looks shabby in most parts) no one chants, or cheers. The only noise they made was when they scored and a couple of big name substitutes came on.

Calling Man Utd a football club is like saying Sea World is an ocean. It’s a tourist attraction using football as a make. I hope one day we can go there and stuff them and send all their ‘fans’ home disappointed that they never won their once in a lifetime matchday experience.

Wow, quite the analogy. Shame if true. Never been to Old Trafford, although all the Asian students from my course when I was at university organised a day trip there and took photos of seats, adidas badges and the likes. Probably says it all....

A ground full of tourists, be them from the Far East or even armchair fans from the UK. Massive question to get into their club store, portable urinals outside of people’s home where people can have an audience whilst pissing. A seller every 10 yards selling half and half scarfs. Inside the ground (which looks shabby in most parts) no one chants, or cheers. The only noise they made was when they scored and a couple of big name substitutes came on.

Calling Man Utd a football club is like saying Sea World is an ocean. It’s a tourist attraction using football as a make. I hope one day we can go there and stuff them and send all their ‘fans’ home disappointed that they never won their once in a lifetime matchday experience.

Something like "What are the likely consequences of Brexit on the operations of the Man United club shop?" That's quite a big question.

Dropping Ritchie. [emoji38] There's been so much s*** posted since yesterday's match like. Honestly don't know what some people expect or whether they realise the alternatives.

Absolute nonsense.  He's had a couple of quiet games, but he's still assisted more of our goals than anyone else this season. And who exactly is going to take his place? Aarons? Perez?