Manchester United 4-1 Newcastle United - 18/11/2017 - post match wallowing p26

Disco

My only issue tonight is the fact we persevere with Joselu over Mitro, don’t think it’d have changed the scoreline drastically but it’s the only thing that really makes me angry.

I sort of agree as I want to see Mitrovic playing for us, but Joselu done some really good things linking play up in the first half. It's easy to go unnoticed but he was important to our good play in the first half hour. Was particularly poor in the second but we weren't showing much by then other than the odd good moment from Murphy.

My only issue tonight is the fact we persevere with Joselu over Mitro, don’t think it’d have changed the scoreline drastically but it’s the only thing that really makes me angry.

Thought Joselu was alreet in the first half tbh, his hold up play was decent. Don't think any of our strikers would've made much difference in the second half. I do want to see Mitrovic given a start at some point, mind.

I thought we started quite brightly and moved the ball around well, especially with our goal. We were defending ok until they scored and things went a bit down hill from there.  Their second goal right at half time killed us, tho we did have that great chance at the end of the first half.  The second half we were all over the place at times.  We need investment in jan regardless if the club is sold or not. 

I'm not disappointed today - we started well, gave it a good go but were bulldozered by a side with infinite better resources than we presently have. It shows how much Rafa was fucked over by the owner, in the summer. Any anger should be directed at Mike Ashley. The takeover is desperately needed for us to get a fighting chance to compete in the PL.

I'm usually a miserable overreacting bastard, but I feel okey now tbh. Some positives at least :thup: Only thing that annoyed the fuck out of me was Helium fucking Elliott for that first one we conceded. Even when I'm sober I can hit the floor faster than him. He's made some good saves for us, unfortunately he's very limited. We need a proper goalkeeper who owns the fucking area and can put his shin in the grass.

I'm not disappointed today - we started well, gave it a good go but were bulldozered by a side with infinite better resources than we presently have. It shows how much Rafa was f***ed over by the owner, in the summer. Any anger should be directed at Mike Ashley. The takeover is desperately needed for us to get a fighting chance to compete in the PL.

Big Geordie you read my mind, literally just been muttering that to myself :lol: :lol:

Elliot - 5 - probably could have done better with the second. Doesn't command his area and this was finally capitalised on.

Yellin - 7 - got forward well; didn't do much wrong defensively.

Lejeune -5 - switched off a couple of times to our cost

Clark - 6 - lacked the physical presence to make an impact today

Manquillo - 5 - doesn't really do owt

Murphy - 6 - looked bright and wasn't afraid to have a pop with varying results

Shelvey - 6 - thought he was decent although his head dropped

Hayden - 5 - was very good first half, invisible second. Big learning curve for him today

Ritchie - 4 - as poor as I can remember him playing for us

Joselu - 5 - started well but faded

Gayle - 7 - great finish, decent hold up and link play. Ran his socks off.

Subs did absolutely nowt.

Yedlin trying to defend  :lol:

I thought he was our best defender on the day. He made a lot of important interceptions and was probably the only player on the pitch that was still playing with the same intensity all the way through the game. I don’t think he can be blamed for the goal too much with either - it was just all round quality.

Was actually quite encouraged by our performance overall, caused them a few problems and Gayle looks like he's getting back into it. Good to see Murphy looking like a footballer and thought Yedlin was excellent.

4-1 definitely flattered them - Pogba was by far the standout player like, without him could've been a very different game.

Guest neesy111

Just seen the highlights.  We looked awfully deep on the goals we conceded, none of them were anything special.  God knows what the GK is doing on the 2nd.

Good finish by Gayle, very similar to cabaye's winner in 2013.

Guest Howaythetoon

We showed lots of promising signs as an attacking force during the first half and we were unlucky to go in 2-1 down. All their goals could have been prevented IMO and we were sloppy in allowing their crosses to come in like they did. That is their main strength and we couldn't deal with it.

And once Pogba got going we didn't have the energy around him to combat his drive and runs and therefore we got kind of overran in there. I partly put that down to Hayden being on a yellow as in the first half Hayden was constantly on top of Pogba and that helped us massively in terms of not being overrun in midfield, despite their possesion.

As disappointing as the result was and indeed scoreline, we went there to win and every player put a shift in so I can accept this. We are what we are, a Championship side with one or two players with enough ability at this level, but nowhere near enough to compete with a team like Man Utd who have one of the best front three in Europe and who could call on Zlatan from the bench.

Unlike former pastings at this ground though, we didn't throw in the towel and in Rafa we have a manager who if given money to spend, will one day send a team to OT to compete and win.

Positives: Gayle, Murphy, Yedlin, Lejune and Shelvey.

Major negatives, Elliott, Manquillo, Ritchie and Hayden.

We badly need a commanding goalkeeper, a driving force in midfield who has the athleticism, strength and energy to get about the pitch and we also need some creativity, some flair.

Oh and a win...

Fuck knows what Chancel has done, he's clearly the better option at left full-back.

Could it still be a communication issue - he was having bother learning English?

Cut his tongue out and ears off and he'd still be better than Manquillo like.